dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Williene Somah said:

Hey there, I recieved my letter that my approved case was sent to NVC on may 30th. Waited until June 27th to call the NVC. When i called, they told me that my case was recieved on June 7th and it takes 8 weeks for them to create a case and invoice number. The guy told me to call back within a couple of weeks. At this point, I was a little disappointed because I was hoping that that call would had given me my case and invoice numbers so that I could at least pay the fees. I decided that I was going to give them a call the 3rd week in july assuming that by then my case would be work on. As God could have it, BOOM! Two days later on june 29th while having my lunch at work, I received a email from NVC with my invoice and case numbers. Yesssss! I was so thrilled. I paid both fees on the 1st of july  I'm hoping that they will receive it after the holiday so that I can summit the docs. 

I tell you, if u have been waiting for over 2 weeks its better that u call. They might work on ur case right after u hang up that phone.

Good luck everyone❤

mine nvc received may 29 but still no case # and invoice #..it’s been 5 weeks of waiting

1 minute ago, bok05 said:

mine nvc received may 29 but still no case # and invoice #..it’s been 5 weeks of waiting

Hang in there!  It took about 8 weeks to receive mine (on June 1st) but it seems like things are speeding up now with the NVC.  Case numbers seem to be coming out quicker.

1 hour ago, Zelixx said:

Yes,but i have read some stories about it that it's problematic when you get your birth registered with Late entry.Do Embassy require any other supporting document at the time of the interview? 

If you are applying spouse visa than i dont think so that matters.. but if you have any supporting docs like some certificate from hospital or somethig else than u can take it with you other wise simply explain them.

59 minutes ago, np1001 said:

I received an email from the NVC saying that they need additional financial documents from us.  It freaked me out at first because I thought it would delay us getting a CC, but it turns out they just need my husband to bring the documents to the interview!  Phew!  The email also said they're going to go ahead and schedule the interview at the US Embassy in Manila. 

I'm so excited.  I can't believe this is all finally coming to an end!!  Hope we find out our interview date this week!

Woww.. congratss... these type of comemnts are just another ray of hope for all of us... good luck :) 

i hope all of us waiting get through this soon and successfullyy  IN SHA ALLAH :)

16 minutes ago, lousiaC said:

If you are applying spouse visa than i dont think so that matters.. but if you have any supporting docs like some certificate from hospital or somethig else than u can take it with you other wise simply explain them.

I only have a duplicate copy of my birth certificate from the hospital as my parents lost the original one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, np1001 said:

Hang in there!  It took about 8 weeks to receive mine (on June 1st) but it seems like things are speeding up now with the NVC.  Case numbers seem to be coming out quicker.

Non pivot is presently taking 9-10weeks to get case/invoice numbers.

Patience is the key..! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Williene Somah said:

Hey there, I recieved my letter that my approved case was sent to NVC on may 30th. Waited until June 27th to call the NVC. When i called, they told me that my case was recieved on June 7th and it takes 8 weeks for them to create a case and invoice number. The guy told me to call back within a couple of weeks. At this point, I was a little disappointed because I was hoping that that call would had given me my case and invoice numbers so that I could at least pay the fees. I decided that I was going to give them a call the 3rd week in july assuming that by then my case would be work on. As God could have it, BOOM! Two days later on june 29th while having my lunch at work, I received a email from NVC with my invoice and case numbers. Yesssss! I was so thrilled. I paid both fees on the 1st of july  I'm hoping that they will receive it after the holiday so that I can summit the docs. 

I tell you, if u have been waiting for over 2 weeks its better that u call. They might work on ur case right after u hang up that phone.

Good luck everyone❤

This is for pivot cases only

16 minutes ago, Zelixx said:

I only have a duplicate copy of my birth certificate from the hospital as my parents lost the original one.

Then take that with you interview. In Sha Allah it would be fine.. :)

37 minutes ago, deema-alawwad said:

any update on NVC website when we send the package ? 

Nothing for my case  yet.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, deema-alawwad said:

any update on NVC website when we send the package ? 

To makes things move faster,you can send your package to nvc after iv fee has been paid but nvc will not review the package until you have completed your ds260.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Abies said:

To makes things move faster,you can send your package to nvc after iv fee has been paid but nvc will not review the package until you have completed your ds260.

i had completed ds260 on websites and we send the package today .. they send any things when the open the package ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.