Londonbroil

Expedite

10 posts in this topic

Just a little about my situation. I have lived here for 21 years ironically and am going through all of this all over again. I have an attorney who has been paid in full! (bad move) and will do nothing. I have had documentation in the system since August of 2016,

I-130 - Approved 1-26-2018

I-765 and I-485 filed concurrently. Receipt date 3/23

I-485 ready to schedule interview 6/5 nothing since

I requested that my I-765 be expedited on 6/22 100 days into the process due to financial circumstances which involved my husband having a major accident in his Semi. Sent all of the docs, to both my local senator and USCIS on 6/22 Had a job offer which was retracted due to time unknown time restraints which was originally 90 days! 

I need some help and advice here. My husband and I were interviewed last November in Orlando, and approved for I-130. Can I take my I-765 and I-485 and expedite through an info pass interview and plead my case. I feel it would be better face to face vs talking over the phone to be told what we can already see online. Any advice would be truly appreciated. 

They won't do anything like that on appointment. 

You said you requested expedite  ..5 days ago? You need to wait longer than that for an answer.  

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why didn't you apply for I-130 and I-485 concurrently?

Agree with @Roel, 5 days is definitely not long enough to hear back, and it hasn't been 90 days in a long time.

I only expedited the I-765 and to be honest I followed the direction of my immigration attorney so I'm not really sure why the I-130 was not filed concurrently. I do know when we went for that interview I was glad I had my documents as my attorney did not!  I was more concerned when I saw the change in times for Orlando that went up to as far as 19 months out was the reason why I asked if expediting the I-485  Thank you for the advice though it is really appreciated.  Just feeling a bit lost trying to figure things out right now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have been here 21 years?

And now need an expedite?

Under what status?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi Boiler good question I was married for 14 years of that. I got divorced and in fact left the country and came back in in 2008 with no problems. I remarried in 2010 and it was in 2012 I found out that they had a deportation order for me. It transpired that USCIS had failed to send any notifications and the judge dismissed it and revoked that. So that's why I am back to square one. With starting the whole process again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you had a GC and were deemed to have abandoned it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I didn't renew my green card correct,  I had moved USCIS were aware of my change of address, so yes I believe that would be correct that I appeared to have abandoned it. The immigration judge did not see it worthy of pursuing a deportation considering I have lived here so long and there were more pressing issues at hand. I entered legally and was given the right by the judge to apply for the appropriate I-765 and I-495 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

This sounds complicated. For the incompetent attorney, you can always file a complaint to the State BAR association or State's lawyer discipline agency. It's probably not the most urgent issue you need to deal with now tho.

Your I-765 is processed at National Benefit Center since you're filing adjustment of status thru marriage, which takes 4-6 months without expeditions (based on USCIS processing timelines). Your receipt date (which I assume is the Priority Date) is 3/23, then you should expect to receive your EAD between 7/23 and 9/24. For an expedition request, USCIS does not provide a certain timeline. From posts I've read about and my own experience, it can take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to 2 months. My own EAD expedition got approved exactly at 1 month mark after I submitted the expedition request on 5/25. You should get a response from USCIS anytime soon (within a week). Please be patient with them since they don't guarantee anything about expedition requests...

If you just need to work and to travel, I think you don't need to expedite your I-485 case yet. It's always easier to just expedite EAD instead of the entire case.

Best of luck!

Thank you NancyLyz I appreciate your feedback. I just don't understand why the attorney didn't submit the I-131 so I could travel when I receive the EAD, it baffles me and from what I've read even if I do put one in now I could wait 4-6 months for that also. :-) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.