zz679

F4 Refusal based on Misrepresentation

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I 601 is c 15 months last time I looked.

Not a chance issue, depends on the quality of the waiver submitted and the issues that need to be waived.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

It is my understanding that a misinterpretation denial will lead to a permanent ban so don’t get your hopes up. Whether you thought it mattered or not is not up to you. You are asked very simple black and white questions while filling out that form. It’s plain and simple “have you ever been arrested, charged, convicted, blah blah? So I guess you learned your lesson. Wait for their final decision but I honestly don’t believe you’re gonna get good news. There are a lot of people on this forum who should read this thread and think hard before lying to immigration. There are consequences. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

It is my understanding that a misinterpretation denial will lead to a permanent ban so don’t get your hopes up. Whether you thought it mattered or not is not up to you. You are asked very simple black and white questions while filling out that form. It’s plain and simple “have you ever been arrested, charged, convicted, blah blah? So I guess you learned your lesson. Wait for their final decision but I honestly don’t believe you’re gonna get good news. There are a lot of people on this forum who should read this thread and think hard before lying to immigration. There are consequences. 

Parents filed a waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline
3 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

I agree. I think its very cool that that were able to do that. Its all about who did their homework. Clearly Fiji police didnt do theirs as both times i received clearance. I think this is because we don't have a database system in place here its all paper based so they didn't do an extensive search but they still charged me $180USD for US Clearance instead of the $40USD for general clearance. Even I asked around where I got arrested they didnt have any records with them. Its pretty cool the Embassy was able to get information on me that the general police dept here dont have. I guess its for the better.

Unfortunately because of my negligence my family lost their chance of immigrating. Sad. On the day of the interview I paid $650USD for both of my children and as soon I got the receipt the lady called me into a separate room and gave me my refusal letter. 

LOL I wish I was told before I paid so all that money wouldn't go to waste. 

Then in JAN  I paid 930USD for I 601.

Waiting for final decision now so I can get closure and move on with life haha. 

Timeline
On 6/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, Boiler said:

I 601 is c 15 months last time I looked.

Not a chance issue, depends on the quality of the waiver submitted and the issues that need to be waived.

Damn 

Online USCIS website says processing time is max 180 days (6 months).

4 minutes ago, zz679 said:

Online USCIS website says processing time is max 180 days (6 months).

Where did it say that?

Or are you referring to the AAO? It's 180 days goal, and they do hit that in most cases. But that's for appeals, not initial filings.

Current processing timelines: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I-601: 14 Months to 18.5 Months

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Where did it say that?

Or are you referring to the AAO? It's 180 days goal, and they do hit that in most cases. But that's for appeals, not initial filings.

Current processing timelines: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I-601: 14 Months to 18.5 Months

Whoa  im confused. Whats a AAO and whats the initial filing. Whats the difference? I thought after denial  I just fill i 601 and submit to USCIS and get feedback in 180 days. 

Can you explain the process please?

15 minutes ago, zz679 said:

Whoa  im confused. Whats a AAO and whats the initial filing. Whats the difference? I thought after denial  I just fill i 601 and submit to USCIS and get feedback in 180 days. 

Can you explain the process please?

The AAO is the Administrative Appeals Office. They handle appeals of applications/petitions after USCIS denies them.

The visa was refused due to misrepresentation. You then filed an I-601 with USCIS, but that has not been adjudicated yet (adjudicated = make a decision).

If the I-601 gets denied and you appeal that (due to a mistake on the part of USCIS), then the AAO would be the one to review it.

Until then, it falls under normal processing by USCIS, which is the timeline quoted above.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
On 6/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, geowrian said:

The AAO is the Administrative Appeals Office. They handle appeals of applications/petitions after USCIS denies them.

The visa was refused due to misrepresentation. You then filed an I-601 with USCIS, but that has not been adjudicated yet (adjudicated = make a decision).

If the I-601 gets denied and you appeal that (due to a mistake on the part of USCIS), then the AAO would be the one to review it.

Until then, it falls under normal processing by USCIS, which is the timeline quoted above.

Oh I misunderstood. Thanks for the link. 

By the way. See attached pdf from USCIS.

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms the meaning of below policy/notice.

Will this affect my case in any way?

2018-06-28-PM-602-0050.1-Guidance-for-Referral-of-Cases-and-Issuance-of-NTA.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.