Goldfish_0529

US EMBASSY UAE: Waiting for Packet3 2018 Thread

133 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

First, I would like to thank everyone here in VJ.  I did your advise and received an email from USEM AbuDhabi on 19 July that they sent email to my fiance on 11 January 2018.  But he did not find/received any email from them.  Same day I requested to resend the same email as well as yesterday.  Today, my fiance requested for email instructions, medical exam and appointment date for interview schedule.  Coz i already booked an appointment on 13 September without packet 3 instruction and have not done medical exam yet hoping that I will receive it before my schedule. Did we do the right thing? Please advise.

Hi to all,

I finally received today the packet 3!!!  I booked my appointment early July without receiving packet 3 for 13 September ?  What should I do then?  Should I email USEM that I already booked ?  Or I will just delete my booked appointment?  Appreciate any help...

15 hours ago, Jocelyn Nicolas said:

Hi to all,

I finally received today the packet 3!!!  I booked my appointment early July without receiving packet 3 for 13 September ?  What should I do then?  Should I email USEM that I already booked ?  Or I will just delete my booked appointment?  Appreciate any help...

Congratulations on receiving your packet3 after a looooong wait. No need to call the embassy and no no need to reschedule or even cancel the appointment. Keep it as it is. You are on the right track as long as you have the packet3 PRIOR to your interview date.

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Thank you so much Goldfish_0529 and Azn1ne for your advise, you've always been very helpful & I've got the courage to email USEM.   Wish you good luck:) and keep in touch:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can i ask the contact # in usembassy uae pls? Bcoz nvc mistakenly send my nvc case # in uae but im already here in the philippines. And i feel so frustrated ryt now that i dont know what to do. Its hard for me to connect with them. Thank u for reply. 

10 minutes ago, Mavie mayflor said:

Can i ask the contact # in usembassy uae pls? Bcoz nvc mistakenly send my nvc case # in uae but im already here in the philippines. And i feel so frustrated ryt now that i dont know what to do. Its hard for me to connect with them. Thank u for reply. 

Hi! So sorry to hear this. I really understand your frustration. Calling them via landline will just be a waste of time. I would suggest that you email them http://abudhabiivo.net/contactus.aspx 

Edited by Goldfish_0529

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Hi,  Sorry for late reply.  Goldfish_0529 is correct. http://abudhabiivo.net/contactus.aspx this website, then option - need to change location of my interview, then fill up your details & write your concern or tell that you went back for good in Philippines.  If you can request to transfer your case.  Hope it will be resolved soon.

Hi, it varies coz case to case basis 2-5 months. While waiting for NVC approval, you can prepare your documents which will be required for K-1 visa ( non immigrant visa and immigrant visa -K-1) :

Posted Wednesday at 12:14 PM

On 7/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, Goldfish_0529 said:

I haven't gone with the interview yet but SOON. As I go through those testimonies who passed the interview, they just made sure they have all the documents stated from the packet3. Below is my checklist, however, it may be limited to those applicants who: a. K1 applicant who has not been to US nor applied any sorts of visas for US b. both parties were not previously married with no children c. petitioner is the sole sponsor with no dependents (not self employed nor part of the US military) as documents needed may vary:

Folder I:

1. Eligibility email copy (I made sure that the email of my fiance is seen on the screenshot and the date)

2. Appointment confirmation (I see to it I printed the one that is sent to my email because it states there that I've paid already the visa fee)

3. NOA2 copy (it is stated on the ds-160 that i need to show proof of i-129f approval)

Folder II: Documents from the Beneficiary

1. Ds-160 confirmation page (ensure that the 2 barcodes are printed)

2. 2pcs recent 2x2 picture

3. Medical result

4. Birth Certificate (original and copy)

5. Valid passport and passport biopage copy (I include the passport I used when I traveled to different countries for the past 5 years)

6. Intent to Marry (signed, dated near to my interview date and addressed to US EMBASSY UAE)

7. Dubai Police Clearance (because I reside in Dubai)

8. Police clearance from my home country

9.Certificate of No Marriage (my home country issues such certificate)

10. Proof of Ongoing relationship

a. Timeline styled story with pictures from the very first time we talk until today

b. Video call logs

c. Monthly chat logs from 2015 - 2018

d. Pictures of us together (including photos of of his arrival stamps, hotel receipts, etc.)

e. Pictures of the gifts (as well as the receipts) we sent to each other

Folder III: Documents from the Petitioner:

1. Duly completed i-134 with supporting documents:

a. Latest bank statement

b.payslips for the last 6 months

c.recent 1040 and w2 ORIGINAL

d. copies of the 1040 and w2 for the previous 2 years

e. certificate of employment

2. copy of his passport biopage and short birth certificate.

3. letter of intent to marry  (signed, dated near to my interview date and addressed to US EMBASSY UAE)

Hope this will help:)

BTW, you can email to asknvc@state.gov coz we didn't received from NVC,  wherein we got NOA2 on 07 November 2017, until we wrote to them on 26 January 2018 and finally gave us the Case no.

Good luck😊

Once you got your Case Number,  Check the status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx and NVC will forward your file to USEM.  While waiting for packet 3, make sure that your documents, affidavit of support, proof of relationship, etc. are ready.  Then when your CEAC status become - READY,  apply DS-160 (non immigrant visa- purple website),

then (for interview schedule)

Access ais.usvisa-info.com and create an account

(Remember you need to be on the "green page" for immigrant visas - that's where you schedule the K1 interviews)

Enter your case number and DS 160 number

Choose where you want to receive/pick up visa

Proceeed to payment screen (choose credit card for immediate access to booking system)

Choose date

Save and print confirmation page of your appointment.

You will receive two emails - one confirming the payment, the other with the appointment details.

@RickyandJoc don't you have to wait until you receive packet 3 to fill out the DS-160?

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

Hi, if you will follow the standard procedure, you need to wait for packet 3.

But in my case, we did not received the email sent by USEM dated 11 January.  So while waiting for packet 3 and I've seen the CEAC status-READY on 7 May, VJ online friend advised me to fill-up DS-160 and create account for K1 visa.  Which helped a lot coz only 19 July after several emails, we received response that it was sent on 11 January and requested to resend the email with packet 3 (received on 25 July)😊

@Ben & Jela, You can fill-up DS-160 BUT do not submit yet.  Just SAVE it, so by the time you get ready status, you saved time.  always check your status on CEAC tracker (from Approved to READY) &  while waiting, prepare all your documents that takes time to request like police clearance from home country & other countries you stayed for 6 months or more, CENOMAR, birth certificates, proof of relationship, Affidavit of Support with proof, etc.

When case-READY, then create K1 account (immigrant visa).

Upon receipt of packet 3, submit DS-160 (non immigrant visa), For immigrant visa (K1-green website) choose your delivery/pick up of visa, pay by credit card, then you can schedule appointment.  Hope this helps 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.