Goldfish_0529

US EMBASSY UAE: Waiting for Packet3 2018 Thread

133 posts in this topic

Hi @Jocelyn Nicolas any update with your case? 

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Just now, Jocelyn Nicolas said:

Hi Goldfish_0529,  i emailed NVC but no response til today. Hoping & still waiting..

Hmm I though you emailed NVC before and they did confirm already that it was sent? Hmmm for your case it should be the UAE US Embassy that you should contact since you're already at the Embassy phase. I really do hope it will be solved. :( You've been waiting for a really long time.

event.png

Hi, I was just thinking, if US Embassy Abu Dhabi rejected my tourist visa on November 2016 before meeting my fiance will affect the process of the notice for interview?  Any idea..?

I called Abu Dhabi Embassy - 02-4476084 about 3 times.  First, they asked me to wait for notice & the last time I called, asked me to email.  But, in the website, it's indicated that for K1 visa don't send email to ask for interview appointment coz it will cause delay in the process.  Is this right?

41 minutes ago, Jocelyn Nicolas said:

Hi, I was just thinking, if US Embassy Abu Dhabi rejected my tourist visa on November 2016 before meeting my fiance will affect the process of the notice for interview?  Any idea..?

I do not think it will affect at all. But you need to be honest with them especially when you fill up your ds160. 

33 minutes ago, Jocelyn Nicolas said:

I called Abu Dhabi Embassy - 02-4476084 about 3 times.  First, they asked me to wait for notice & the last time I called, asked me to email.  But, in the website, it's indicated that for K1 visa don't send email to ask for interview appointment coz it will cause delay in the process.  Is this right?

You need to click the option two on that page. Yes they're saying that on the page but your case is already outside normal processing time. Explain on the box that you've been waiting for months for the packet3. They have been sending packet3s to people whose cases were READY last March April and May. If yours was ready last January and the NVC confirmed that your petition was sent to them already then they should have looked at your case already at least few months back and sent you the packet3. 

If you will send the embassy an email, be sure to attach screenshots of your CEAC status and the email from the NVC

Edited by Goldfish_0529

event.png

Just saw this thread.

I finally received my packet 3 after 5 months of waiting.  It took my lawyer contacting the embassy for them to realize that the email they sent the info to 4 months ago had a typo.  Instead of sending the info to my fiancé, lawyer and myself, they only sent it to me.  Once the mistake was found, the packet 3 email was resent within half a day and we have our interview scheduled for next month. 

1 hour ago, Azn1ne said:

Just saw this thread.

I finally received my packet 3 after 5 months of waiting.  It took my lawyer contacting the embassy for them to realize that the email they sent the info to 4 months ago had a typo.  Instead of sending the info to my fiancé, lawyer and myself, they only sent it to me.  Once the mistake was found, the packet 3 email was resent within half a day and we have our interview scheduled for next month. 

Wew! 5 months? That was a crazy long wait @Azn1ne but congratulations! Finally you’re moving forward. I am just curious why it does contain a typo? Isn’t it that the packet3 only contains a generic letter?

Can you share to us how did you guys contact the embassy? It will be very helpful for those people who are still waiting for their packet3s.

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, sidd.ikram said:

@Goldfish_0529image.png.eb082031d72f9260ff6a9fa0d5cbc054.png

Which option i need to go?? I'm creating my account again. may be before i did any mistake...

HI! Which option did you actually use here for registration? Your response is much appreciated  :)

2 hours ago, kokokrunch said:

HI! Which option did you actually use here for registration? Your response is much appreciated  :)

Did u get the packet 3?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.