Coker41118

I-130 June filers 2018 for spouse

198 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, jjack said:

Hello 

I am a US Citizen. I got married last year in India on May 28, 2018. Upon my return to the US, I filed I-130 application for my wife and the receipt date for this application is June 13, 2018. Our application went to the Nebraska Service Center and based on the dates https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website, for I130 for Nebraska Service Center, the date is listed as July 6, 2018, almost one month after my submission date of June 13.

And we have still not heard back whether I-130 was approved or not. I had submitted a request for 'longer than normal processing times' but the response I got was just a generic that "your case
is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received"

Wife and I are pretty stressed, and any kind of information would be helpful. Any suggestions from anyone? 

hi JJack

From what I see in your message of April  24, 2019, you were expecting an approval months too soon. NSC, Nebraska service Center is only now processing June 10, 2018 receipt date  I-130 submissions. So you may expect something very soon. Don't you receive emails from VisaJourney telling you when your acceptance may be issued? I do, but that's because I filled out my VisaJourney timeline. You do not appear to have done that. It helps others when you do so so you might consider filling out your timeline profile and participating in the community. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, James D said:

hi JJack

From what I see in your message of April  24, 2019, you were expecting an approval months too soon. NSC, Nebraska service Center is only now processing June 10, 2018 receipt date  I-130 submissions. So you may expect something very soon. Don't you receive emails from VisaJourney telling you when your acceptance may be issued? I do, but that's because I filled out my VisaJourney timeline. You do not appear to have done that. It helps others when you do so so you might consider filling out your timeline profile and participating in the community. Good luck!

Thanks for the response James D. 

Can I ask where you see that NSC is processing June 10, 2018 receipt dates? I was looking at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website and the dates that it shows on this page for Nebraska Service Center is July 21, 2018 (see attached). The way I understand this is that if your receipt date is prior to this date, then contact us because it is outside processing times. 

I will fill out the VisaJourney Timeline so that it helps others right away but please let me know where you are seeing June 10, 2018 so I can track that instead of the website I provided which is what I have been looking at. 

Thanks again for response

uscis NSC dates.JPG

Timeline
6 hours ago, jjack said:

Can I ask where you see that NSC is processing June 10, 2018 receipt dates? I was looking at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website and the dates that it shows on this page for Nebraska Service Center is July 21, 2018 (see attached). The way I understand this is that if your receipt date is prior to this date, then contact us because it is outside processing times. 

I will fill out the VisaJourney Timeline so that it helps others right away but please let me know where you are seeing June 10, 2018 so I can track that instead of the website I provided which is what I have been looking at. 

uscis NSC dates.JPG

JJack -

From this website... https://www.visajourney.com/content/times/.

On the right side.

If it takes longer than a year, you may have to resubmit all documents, so call them in May and see what's up.

MOst of the time what I see here is we receive a confirmation of receipt of our petitiion, with an official "receipt date", marking the first notice of action, NOA-1. Then, with papers hopefully in order, we wait for an NOA2, im my case, also at NSC, sometime end of September for my October filing

Good luck!.

Edited by James D
add information

Timeline
15 hours ago, jjack said:

uscis NSC dates.JPG

Hi JJack -

I think you are reading it wrongly. I read it as you cannot contact NSC until the date shown on the right to "inquire about your case." It was received on the receipt date but probably not assigned to anyone until the date July 21, 2018. Before then, it was not assigned to a processor. So you can submit "an 'outside normal processing time' service request", but I think that may be for making a correction or sending in more relevant documents. On the left, are the times it will take to process your visa petition, the I-130. 7.5-10 months, and these days it's getting longer and longer. 10 months would be April, 2019 in you case, according to this info. But on this site's processing times, they report actual current data. If you are going to use this site to ask questions, use this site's data.

If this site's processing time passes your receipt date, I would make phone calls.

Good luck!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Olive Garden said:

I took this out from a website to

Hi OliveGarden -

Your image didn't make it.  As a link it takes me to the Myuscis website and I can only see my own data there.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, James D said:

Hi JJack -

Made a mistake,

If this site's processing time  passes your "receipt date", I would make phone calls. Is wrong.

If this site's processing times date for NSC  passes your "receipt date", I would start making phone calls. Right now NSC is processing I-130s whose receipt date is June 10, 2018. Your receipt date is June 13. so it looks like NSC should be processing yours within a week or so.

Good luck!

Timeline
16 hours ago, jjack said:

Can I ask where you see that NSC is processing June 10, 2018 receipt dates? I was looking at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website and the dates that it shows on this page for Nebraska Service Center is July 21, 2018 (see attached). The way I understand this is that if your receipt date is prior to this date, then contact us because it is outside processing times. 46MB

•  

Keep a look out on this site's recent I-130 approvals  listing - very useful. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=2&sortby=2

Your name isn't on the list of June so you need to update your timeline. There you can see your status compared to other petitioners. That helps you decide when to make a phone call.

Timeline
On 5/5/2019 at 5:36 AM, James D said:

Keep a look out on this site's recent I-130 approvals  listing - very useful. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=2&sortby=2

Your name isn't on the list of June so you need to update your timeline. There you can see your status compared to other petitioners. That helps you decide when to make a phone call.

Good point, thank you. From this link, https://www.visajourney.com/content/times/ the date being processed is June 12, so hopefully our application is coming up next.

I added my wife and I's application and dates to the link you suggested, and based on those who have not heard back, it seems I need to wait another month - the way things are going. Additionally, I also went to the USCIS local office - even though it was essentially useless, I was at least able to confirm for my wife that there is nothing wrong with the application - things are just delayed. 

Thank you for your help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:20 PM, cculbertson81 said:

And today we got our interview letter via email! Only 8 days for them to schedule the interview, very quick! Our date is tentatively on May 13, but we may try to reschedule for a week or so later because the medical exam isn't until April 23 and we may not get the results by the scheduled interview date because of the golden week holiday. Progress is progress though!

congrats

On 5/4/2019 at 12:34 PM, James D said:

Hi - Any luck yet with your I-130 approval and NOA2? I see that NSC is processing June, 2018, filers. Just curious since I filed in October and so it liiks like October will be my lucky month.

Not yet... I’m hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks. I’ve contacted Tier 2 officers and sent ‘out of processing time’ inquiries but am just told to get back with them in 60 days 😒 

Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 2:58 PM, smith916 said:

Not yet... I’m hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks. I’ve contacted Tier 2 officers and sent ‘out of processing time’ inquiries but am just told to get back with them in 60 days 😒 

Same here. Already received this response twice. Not sure how long do I hold out hope for. But at the end of the day, don't really have any other choice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hubby just call and played a huge joke on me saying he was rejected, then I started crying he said Nono love I’m just playing a joke “I was approved “ I told him not funny I’m gonna kill you when you get off the plane.😂😂 visa pick up on Tuesday. I’m so thankful to God.🙏🏽

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Coker41118 said:

Hubby just call and played a huge joke on me saying he was rejected, then I started crying he said Nono love I’m just playing a joke “I was approved “ I told him not funny I’m gonna kill you when you get off the plane.😂😂 visa pick up on Tuesday. I’m so thankful to God.🙏🏽

Congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.