kizut1659

NOA expiring - feedback on getting a I-551 stamp so can travel

5 posts in this topic

My husband and I are planning on traveling few months from now, which will be few weeks after the expiration of our one-year extension.  Based on what we’ve read on other posts, we are going on schedule an Infopass appointment to get a I-551 stamp. 

My question is do officers give stamps in such circumstances as a matter of routine, or it depends on an individual officer and there is a risk of begin declined?   If there is such a risk, we need to try to change our travel plans for earlier, which we really don’t want to do but will if have to. 

Would greatly appreciate any feedback, including from people who have personal experience with these appointments to get the stamp.   Thank You! 

1 hour ago, kizut1659 said:

My husband and I are planning on traveling few months from now, which will be few weeks after the expiration of our one-year extension.  Based on what we’ve read on other posts, we are going on schedule an Infopass appointment to get a I-551 stamp. 

My question is do officers give stamps in such circumstances as a matter of routine, or it depends on an individual officer and there is a risk of begin declined?   If there is such a risk, we need to try to change our travel plans for earlier, which we really don’t want to do but will if have to. 

Would greatly appreciate any feedback, including from people who have personal experience with these appointments to get the stamp.   Thank You! 

My wife made an infopass and went five weeks before her letter expired.  Took 10 minutes to get the stamp.

Couple before her were there 3 months before their letter expired, officer told them to come back inside 30 days.

Filed: Timeline
14 hours ago, kizut1659 said:

Thank you, this was our concern actually since to get a good price on the tickets we need to book them about two months prior to 30 days before the letter expires, and we are apprehensive about spending all this money if there is a risk of us not getting the stamp. 

Welcome to marriage across borders, we have to burn money :ph34r:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.