rehan120

Beneficiary's Mailing Address

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am Beneficiary, living in Pakistan. I have 2 questions:

1) In DS-260 form, can we put beneficiary's mailing address as petitioner's mailing address of USA or it has to be beneficiary's Pakistan's mailing address? (As form said, this mailing address would be used for correspondence and we don't trust Pakistan's mailing address)
2) As petitioner is living here in Pakistan with me for 1 year, can I put her address and mailing address in DS-260 form as US address? and in AOS form, I would put her physical address as Pakistan's address.
Thanks.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, H&T said:

All communication from NVC will send via email, so you don't need to worry too much. Just put your address in Pakistan.

Thanks. And what address I should put for my wife? I would put her mailing address as USA. What about her address? Should I put her USA address or her current address where she is living with me temporarily? Thanks. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, rehan120 said:

I am Beneficiary, living in Pakistan. I have 2 questions:

1) In DS-260 form, can we put beneficiary's mailing address as petitioner's mailing address of USA or it has to be beneficiary's Pakistan's mailing address? (As form said, this mailing address would be used for correspondence and we don't trust Pakistan's mailing address)
2) As petitioner is living here in Pakistan with me for 1 year, can I put her address and mailing address in DS-260 form as US address? and in AOS form, I would put her physical address as Pakistan's address.
Thanks.

Please consider that the beneficiary will be receiving Pakistan passport with USA immigration visa and sealed documents in Pakistan by post.  The beneficiary's mailing address in the DS-260 is normally used as the postal address for this purpose.  Then depending on the US Consulate, they have will have different options on how to get your passport with visa back to you (which they verify with you at the interview).  So one way or another you need to figure out a safe way to get your passport with visa back to the beneficiary in Pakistan.

Edited by Juniser

Timeline
2 hours ago, rehan120 said:

Thanks. And what address I should put for my wife? I would put her mailing address as USA. What about her address? Should I put her USA address or her current address where she is living with me temporarily? Thanks. 

So it appears your wife is Petitioner from the USA.  The DS-260 should contain the Petitioner's address of residence in the USA (of course if she has a residence in the USA) because that USA address is your final destination in the USA and is an important part of your Immigrant Visa documentation.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Juniser said:

So it appears your wife is Petitioner from the USA.  The DS-260 should contain the Petitioner's address of residence in the USA (of course if she has a residence in the USA) because that USA address is your final destination in the USA and is an important part of your Immigrant Visa documentation.

Thanks for help. One last question, so in DS-260 we will put her US address even though she is im Pakistan right now. However, in AOS form, we will put her physical address as of Pakistan as she is in Pakistan temporarily on a family visa. Am I doing right? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, rehan120 said:

Thanks for help. One last question, so in DS-260 we will put her US address even though she is im Pakistan right now. However, in AOS form, we will put her physical address as of Pakistan as she is in Pakistan temporarily on a family visa. Am I doing right? 

In my opinion, the US Citizen Petitioner and Sponsor for the AOS should have their primary permanent residence in the USA.  This is truthful in your case and demonstrates the very important USA domicile of your wife.  The USA address should be used as her physical address as a US Citizen.  Your USC wife is living with you temporarily as you said.

Edited by Juniser

How long has she been in Pakistan?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

How long has she been in Pakistan?

She is in Pakistan since November 2017. And she can’t stay here in Pakistan for more than an year. So, she has to return before November 2018 as her visa is valid for 1 year only. So, I’m thinking of writing her US address in DS-260 and her pakistan address in AOS form. What do you think? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Juniser said:

In my opinion, the US Citizen Petitioner and Sponsor for the AOS should have their primary permanent residence in the USA.  This is truthful in your case and demonstrates the very important USA domicile of your wife.  The USA address should be used as her physical address as a US Citizen.  Your USC wife is living with you temporarily as you said.

I’m thinking of writing her US address in DS-260 form so she can show US residence. However, in AOS form I am thinking of writing her Pakistan address but will mention that she will move to US before nov 2018 as her visa gonna expire. What do you say?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, rehan120 said:

I’m thinking of writing her US address in DS-260 form so she can show US residence. However, in AOS form I am thinking of writing her Pakistan address but will mention that she will move to US before nov 2018 as her visa gonna expire. What do you say?

The AOS (Affidavit of Support) should clearly show a US Citizen Sponsor with USA domicile.  There is no reason to make this complicated as you are suggesting (writing her Pakistan address but will mention that she will move to US before nov 2018).  It is truthful and very appropriate that you use your US Citizen Sponsor's USA address in the AOS. As you said, your USC wife is living with you temporarily.

1 hour ago, rehan120 said:

She is in Pakistan since November 2017. And she can’t stay here in Pakistan for more than an year. So, she has to return before November 2018 as her visa is valid for 1 year only. So, I’m thinking of writing her US address in DS-260 and her pakistan address in AOS form. What do you think? 

I think it's a bit murky, but would not be an issue to list the US address. It doesn't seem like she has expressed or actually demonstrated intent to live abroad. At worst, they should just request evidence of domicile for the interview IMO (although this would be via a 221g which has a delay involved).

For reference, he's the actual definitions, which exclude intent, which is where it gets murky:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-11261/0-0-0-16960/0-0-0-16971.html

"Domicile means the place where a sponsor has his or her principal residence, as defined in section 101(a)(33) of the Act, with the intention to maintain that residence for the foreseeable future."

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-101/0-0-0-195.html#0-0-0-937

"(33) The term "residence" means the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent."

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.