JeanneSs

June 2018 filers of I-130 for Parents

123 posts in this topic

Just now, Asgardian said:

@JeanneSs it’s possible it will get rejected! Mine took a few days too before it was rejected, no email or text. I just suddenly received the whole application back via mail. 

Why do you think it was rejected?

Because they returned the filing fee but looking at the copies I made, everything looks good.I signed everything and gave the right fee. How long did it take for u to receive your package? Did u pay with credit card? If yes was there any pre-authorization hold before the actual fee? I’m just confused right now. Because according to Uscis it would have still been in the system if it was rejected. They checked with my Ssn and nothing showed up. Hmmm

Hello! im joining this thread,  im applying for my mom and dad.

Application mailed: june: 28,2018(Phoenix AZ)

Recieve application:june 29,2018

NOA1: july 11, 2018

Priority date June 29,2018 ( Texas Service Center)

Edited by vspink94

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joining this thread for my Mom and Dad.. 

Sent: June 23

Received: June 25

USCIS CR1

04-02-2014: I-130 NOA1

04-23-2014: I-130 NOA2

04-25-2014: Sent to NVC

NVC

05-09-2014: NVC Received..

06-03-2014: Case Number Assigned..

06-10-2014: DS-261 Available & Completed.. 06-12-2014: DS-261 Scanned..

06-11-2014: AOS Invoiced & Paid..

06-14-2014: AOS Mailed.. 06-16-2014: AOS Received.. 06-23-2014: AOS Scanned..

08-01-2014: AOS Accepted...

08-06-2014: IV Invoice & Paid.. ( 39 Business day)..

08-07-2014: IV Mailed.. 08-08-2014: IV Received..

08-12-2014: IV Scanned..

09-23-2014: One Day Medical Exam (PASSED).

09-30-2014: CASE COMPLETE...

11-10-2014: Interview Date (APPROVED).

11-10-2014: CEAC " ISSUED".

11-17-2014: Visa in hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROC
09-16-16: Received I-751 packaged.

09-16-16: NOA1 receipt date.

10-13-16: Biometrics Appointment Schedule.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400

12-01-17: N-400 applied Online

12-02-17: NOA1 receipt date, Cashed Credit Card.

12-29-17: Biometrics Appointment Schedule.

05-07-18: Interview Schedule (Approved).

05-17-18: 10 yrs Green Card Received mail.

05-28-18: Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed.

06-22-18: Oath Ceremony.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! The application for my dad's petition was received on June 18. Looks like it's going to be a long wait for all of us. 

Edited by jennnnnnnnnna

Hi everyone,

it it looks like April and May are getting approvals so June is hopefully coming up soon. We’re reaching 5 months now in November!! I’m hopeful for that 6-montj mark. Nebraska Service Center!

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi folks

Better late than never... I filed an I-130 for both my parents. My PD is June 27, 2018 and processing is at the Texas Service Center. It's nice to have a community of people waiting in line lol

Also, my parents do not have birth certificates which is a common problem of people their age in India. Are there alternatives to birth certificates that will be accepted at the NVC stage?

thanks

On 11/5/2018 at 7:03 AM, Indomex said:

Hi folks

Better late than never... I filed an I-130 for both my parents. My PD is June 27, 2018 and processing is at the Texas Service Center. It's nice to have a community of people waiting in line lol

Also, my parents do not have birth certificates which is a common problem of people their age in India. Are there alternatives to birth certificates that will be accepted at the NVC stage?

thanks

i have a similar issue.. my usc son have applied for both me and my wife... but my wife doesnt have a BC (1978 born) .. what could be the alternatives for us in lieu of her BC?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey! Theres a facebook group chat for 130 Nebraska filers.. 

If youre interested, search the group and ask to be added to I 130 filers Immigration Visa Group.. 

Or if anyone is interested..

AOS from h2a visa, marriage based.

Filed I 130, I 485, I 131 and I 765 concurrently,

5/11/2018 Priority date; sent to Missouri, MSCxxxxxxxxx

6/15/2018 Biometrics appointment, Houston TX

7/11/2018 RFE for Birth Certificate

7/23/2018 Sent BC in response to RFE

7/31/2018 Confirmation of receipt of the BC

8/3/2018 received courtesy letter for medical 

8/6/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

9/19/2018 EAD/AP approved

9/20/2018 EAD/AP card in production 

9/24/2018 EAD/AP card is ready to be mailed

9/25/2018 EAD/AP card is mailed, usps tracking included in online update

9/27/2018 EAD/AP card picked up at post office

I-130 for 2 husband's daughters (my step daughters) 10 and 17

5/11/2018 Priority Date; sent to Nebraska Service Center, LINxxxxxxxxx

Waiting game for ALL cases!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi - I am a US citizen. Earlier this year, I started the GC process for my parents via consular processing (they are still in their home country - India) by initiating I-130 form (PD: June 2, 2018). 

I was curious what part of the immigration processing would involve submitting police verification paperwork? During NVC or during interview?

Since police verification in India is a 1-2 month effort (and potentially longer if stuck in bureaucracy), my parents were wondering whether it made sense for them to initiate it with the police on their own, which in turn could expedite the process? Anyone have experience with this? or have any other tips to expedite the process?

Also, since there is no guarantee when my parents I-130 paperwork will get approved, would there be a problem if we got the police certificate well before the I-130 application approval date?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm preparing my petition paperwork to bring my Mom, she is widowed and never been in USA before, I need your help to double check all the requirements before submitting the application, her is what I have so far:

- Personal check of $535

- I-30 complete application.

- G-1145 for e-notifications.

- A copy of my naturalization certificate. (Do I have to send the original)

- A copy of my birth certificate along with a certified translation into English. (Do I have to send the original?)

- A copy of my Mom's birth certificate along with a certified translation into English. (Do I have to send the original?)

- 2 passport size photos for me.

Please share with me any ideas and let me know if I need to include any further documents.

Edited by semsem

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.