JeanneSs

June 2018 filers of I-130 for Parents

123 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Bhagi said:

My parents application was received by NVC on Jan 17 and I received BMB case number for my mother but I have not for my father. I called them yesterday and after 1 hour of wait they said the same thing wait for at list 8 weeks. If you do not receive any thing by that time call us again. I paid both fees for my mothers case yesterday and now waiting game for my fathers case. Hopefully will receive soon. 

Did you recieve your mom case number via email or did you call them? 

On 1/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, vspink94 said:

--My Application has been approved!! 🙏

Priority date June 29, 2018, TSC 

Hi vspink94,

I remembered seeing you applying for your naturalization a few months ahead of me and we are both applying i-130 for parents right after the naturalization. How exciting!

I also live in California, my I-130 has the priority date of 09/21/18, it was routed to Texas Service Center since I live in California. 

Was yours processed at texas service center too?

I am so nervous right now and hopefully i will get the NOA2 in march, 2019 which is approximately 6 months after submitting the petition like yours.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

An update: Both my parents' I-130 were approved on 1/5/19. I received an online notification that the case was sent to NVC on 1/16. I haven't received anything from NVC since. It appears that there are others on a similar timeline - has anyone received documents from the NVC with case number and invoices yet?

Also, referring back to the question raised (by me and others) about alternatives to birth certificates for Indian citizens... They will accept school certificates that specify date of birth.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I received BMB case number and IV invoice number via Email 2 weeks back. I have paid IV fees and now DS260 form got active as well but i am waiting for my father BMB number. I called NVC and they informed me that wait till 15march if you do not receive it by that time then email us.  They said they were waiting for some documents from USCIS before they send me email. According to them it was on last stage so I guess I should receive it any time soon. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Bhagi said:

I received BMB case number and IV invoice number via Email 2 weeks back. I have paid IV fees and now DS260 form got active as well but i am waiting for my father BMB number. I called NVC and they informed me that wait till 15march if you do not receive it by that time then email us.  They said they were waiting for some documents from USCIS before they send me email. According to them it was on last stage so I guess I should receive it any time soon. 

Did you receive anything in snail mail? I have not received anything from NVC either by snail mail or email. Should I call or email them? It's been 6 weeks since USCIS sent them both files.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Indomex said:

Did you receive anything in snail mail? I have not received anything from NVC either by snail mail or email. Should I call or email them? It's been 6 weeks since USCIS sent them both files.

I received Email for my mom in just 15 days after USCIS sent to NVC but I have not received any thing yet for my father. 

you can call NVC on 603-334-0700. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:51 AM, henryPotter said:

Hi vspink94,

I remembered seeing you applying for your naturalization a few months ahead of me and we are both applying i-130 for parents right after the naturalization. How exciting!

I also live in California, my I-130 has the priority date of 09/21/18, it was routed to Texas Service Center since I live in California. 

Was yours processed at texas service center too?

I am so nervous right now and hopefully i will get the NOA2 in march, 2019 which is approximately 6 months after submitting the petition like yours.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance. 

Thats great! Cheers to us for our naturalization! It's been along journey haha! 🤣🤣 Goodluck on your application for parents. Yes my application was sent to TSC too. Any update on your applicacation?? 

Hello everyone! Sorry been MIA . I receive my NVC case for both of my parents last night via email. Paid both fees for both of them however i just realize  after submitting the payment that i supposed to choose an agent and address before paying but when i click the tab (choice of agent and address) nothing happens? I hope i didnt do anything wrong. 🤦‍♀️ Goodluck everyone!! 

On 3/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, Bhagi said:

Did you fill up the choice of address and agent? I paid my fees  but i dont know why i dont have the option to select and agent and address, im so confuse 😕 thank you! 

Timeline

Hello all

So, I did receive emails from NVC for both my parents on Thursday. I haven't yet logged in and paid the fees. Just wanted to update you all. Their cases was sent to NVC on January 16

On 3/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, vspink94 said:

Thats great! Cheers to us for our naturalization! It's been along journey haha! 🤣🤣 Goodluck on your application for parents. Yes my application was sent to TSC too. Any update on your applicacation?? 

hi vspink,

im still waiting to get the i-130 approved.

it will be 6 months waiting on 03/21/19, so I am expecting the news right now.

I have some questions I would like to ask:

Do you get another case number when it reaches NVC?

I pay about $500 for submitting I-130, what would be the other fees and how much are those until the case is complete and parents get visa to the U.S.?

thanks in advance.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:39 AM, henryPotter said:

hi vspink,

im still waiting to get the i-130 approved.

it will be 6 months waiting on 03/21/19, so I am expecting the news right now.

I have some questions I would like to ask:

Do you get another case number when it reaches NVC?

I pay about $500 for submitting I-130, what would be the other fees and how much are those until the case is complete and parents get visa to the U.S.?

thanks in advance.

Im sorry for the late respone! After your I-130 is approve they will transfer your application to NVC and took them 6 weeks to put it on their system they will email/mail you the new case number with Invoice number, paid again $125 (Affidavit of Support fee for both of my parents)  and $325 for each( Immigrant Application fee) Im not sure if there will be another fee 🤦‍♀️ i hope not! will keep you updated! Good luck! 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
3 minutes ago, vspink94 said:

Im sorry for the late respone! After your I-130 is approve they will transfer your application to NVC and took them 6 weeks to put it on their system they will email/mail you the new case number with Invoice number, paid again $125 (Affidavit of Support fee for both of my parents)  and $325 for each( Immigrant Application fee) Im not sure if there will be another fee 🤦‍♀️ i hope not! will keep you updated! Good luck! 

There sure is another fee - the USCIS immigrant fee, which you pay after the visa is issued. $220 each!

Edited by willcrack

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.