Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, BurBur said:

I used to experience on an H1b VISA. The VO told me everything looks good but might take up to 2 week and I ended up waiting for 4 in radio silence. It was streesfull but rest assure that an approved case is going to be issued. I'm almost certain that if PD is not current at the moment, the VISA can not be issued. You may want to check the Sep bulletin - it just came out. Hope all the best!

Thanks BurBur for your answer, and congratulations on getting the interview! I just checked and my PD is not current.. I think my wife's case has been hit by the retrogression and we need to wait till October. Do you know if the Administrative Processing is still in progress under the retrogression and we'll find out when it's completed? or will they just put a hold on her AP until after October when the visas become available again? I'm wondering if they might still update the status to Ready but not Issue the visa or they don't do anything about it till October. It is absurd that they can hold onto someone's passport for that long, without even giving any explanation about the reason/timeline... Thanks again for your answer and best of luck on your interview!

4 minutes ago, lk27 said:

Thanks BurBur for your answer, and congratulations on getting the interview! I just checked and my PD is not current.. I think my wife's case has been hit by the retrogression and we need to wait till October. Do you know if the Administrative Processing is still in progress under the retrogression and we'll find out when it's completed? or will they just put a hold on her AP until after October when the visas become available again? I'm wondering if they might still update the status to Ready but not Issue the visa or they don't do anything about it till October. It is absurd that they can hold onto someone's passport for that long, without even giving any explanation about the reason/timeline... Thanks again for your answer and best of luck on your interview!

Yea, I understand this is quite difficult. I'm not sure whether they would let you know if the process is actually complete or not. Did you try emailing them? I bet the status will stay as AP until Oct when it should be issued. I guess they still process it under retrogression, just can't issue it. I have seen people attending interview while it's already retrogressed - which means they can work on your case even though VISA can not be issued. Again, I'm merely guessing - maybe you can find a lawyer who may answer this? Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Daniel2014 said:

Congratz on your interview BurBur.

@sadee and @shaik have you guys heard anything yet? is your PD current as of new bulletin?

mine is not current yet. 

@BurBur shuld PD be current on the month IL issued and the month the interview will be held?  

Thanks! I used to see people attending interviews when they were no longer current and their VISA has to wait till current to be issued. This means at the time of scheduling NVC had no visibility of upcoming month's visa bulletin. But I have a feeling that this might have changed because I didn't get an interview until next month's bulletin is out - maybe this is a better news to you because if you are current in Oct you may hear something as early as mid-sep when the VB is out. But again, this is just guessing

21 minutes ago, Daniel2014 said:

Congratz on your interview BurBur.

@sadee and @shaik have you guys heard anything yet? is your PD current as of new bulletin?

mine is not current yet. 

@BurBur shuld PD be current on the month IL issued and the month the interview will be held?  

Not yet. My PD is not current and hopes in October it will become current. Very disappointing because of this long wait time. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, BurBur said:

Yea, I understand this is quite difficult. I'm not sure whether they would let you know if the process is actually complete or not. Did you try emailing them? I bet the status will stay as AP until Oct when it should be issued. I guess they still process it under retrogression, just can't issue it. I have seen people attending interview while it's already retrogressed - which means they can work on your case even though VISA can not be issued. Again, I'm merely guessing - maybe you can find a lawyer who may answer this? Best of luck!

Thank you for your insight. My wife works in US, but has not been able to go back to work due to the situation.. I guess we need to arrange some long term arrangement for her work now. We emailed the consulate office but no response yet, and our lawyer has not been helpful unfortunately.. We'll keep trying. Thanks again and best of luck on your interview!

User Name         EB2/EB3     Case Complete     Interview Date

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill              EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

bellajio1                 EB2                16-Dec                  Mid June

SuperY                   EB3               03-Jan-19             Mid June

NB90                      EB3               27-Dec                   03-June

May2019               EB1               01-Feb-19             Mid June

lombardi                EB3              06-Feb-19              April 18

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

VRace                     EB3               16-Feb-19            17-July

IK27                        EB2               26-Feb-19             16-July 

dnvnlee                  EB2               27-Feb-19             16-July

polar2018              EB2               28-Feb-19             19-July

GottaLoveCalif      EB2              14-Mar-19             26-July

BurBur                    EB2              15-Apr-19              23-Sep

sadee                     EB3               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Shaik                      EB2               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Daniel2014            EB2               30-Apr-19               Waiting

Man2Man              EB3                 1-May-19              Waiting

can2us_                 EB2               21-June-19             Waiting

Shenn110              EB2               28-June-19             Waiting

21 minutes ago, Shenn110 said:
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
In Transit
Immigrant Visa Case Number: I

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. 

Guys please check you NVC case status, Mine just changed to In transit. Priority date June 28th

Mine is still At NVC :( But that's very promising, so I'm going to keep checking!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.