Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Thx @BurBur for the info and the link.

From pan to fire. I'm shocked to see the table/chart. Based on the visa bulletin "final action date" for employment the EB3 category for "India" has gone back 3 years for August compared to July of this year! Which means that my PD is not current to for visa issuance(I guess)!

I guess it is wise to forget the idea of getting in an interview for this year or perhaps mid of next year. 

8 hours ago, Man2Man said:

Thx @BurBur for the info and the link.

From pan to fire. I'm shocked to see the table/chart. Based on the visa bulletin "final action date" for employment the EB3 category for "India" has gone back 3 years for August compared to July of this year! Which means that my PD is not current to for visa issuance(I guess)!

I guess it is wise to forget the idea of getting in an interview for this year or perhaps mid of next year. 

Can't imagine how long you have waited. But usually the VISA bulletin would go back to the previous date in October. So you might be looking at Dec/Jan interview.

On 8/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, Man2Man said:

Hey - Anybody in the "waiting list" has got the interview scheduled for next month?  

Not yet. I think from October only we will get dates. Visa Bulletin for September is not published yet. 

Just now, sadee said:

Not yet. I think from October only we will get dates. Visa Bulletin for September is not published yet. 

Why the visa Bulletin for September is not published yet?

21 minutes ago, sadee said:

Why the visa Bulletin for September is not published yet?

The Bulletin is now published: This seems pretty disappointing "The implementation of the above mentioned dates will only be temporary and in October, the first month of fiscal year 2019, the final action dates will be returned to those established for August." With that said it seems EB2 and EB3 categories still won't be C in October 

4 minutes ago, HannahSF said:

The Bulletin is now published: This seems pretty disappointing "The implementation of the above mentioned dates will only be temporary and in October, the first month of fiscal year 2019, the final action dates will be returned to those established for August." With that said it seems EB2 and EB3 categories still won't be C in October 

Where did you find the bulletin? Could you please send a link? The official website still shows coming soon. 

4 minutes ago, HannahSF said:

Oh my gosh! Forgive me that was for 2018, sorry I was getting upset over nothing! Also funny that's what the Sep 2018 said and yet come Oct 2018 both EB2 and EB3 were current

Ok I see. @sadee maybe they are trying to coordinate who to give the last visas of FY19? Anyway, it should be out this week.

User Name         EB2/EB3     Case Complete     Interview Date

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill              EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

bellajio1                 EB2                16-Dec                  Mid June

SuperY                   EB3               03-Jan-19             Mid June

NB90                      EB3               27-Dec                   03-June

May2019               EB1               01-Feb-19             Mid June

lombardi                EB3              06-Feb-19              April 18

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

VRace                     EB3               16-Feb-19            17-July

IK27                        EB2               26-Feb-19             16-July 

dnvnlee                  EB2               27-Feb-19             16-July

polar2018              EB2               28-Feb-19             19-July

GottaLoveCalif      EB2              14-Mar-19             26-July

BurBur                    EB2               15-Apr-19               Waiting

sadee                     EB3               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Shaik                      EB2               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Daniel2014            EB2               30-Apr-19               Waiting

Man2Man              EB3                 1-May-19              Waiting

can2us_                 EB2               21-June-19             Waiting

Shenn110              EB2               28-June-19             Waiting

@Shenn110 you might be looking at end of 2019 or early 2020. Looking at this list the trend is 5-6m from CC to interview.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, I wanted to see if anyone's had or heard of similar case to ours previously and have any advice for us. My wife and I had our interview on 7/16. The interviewer was super friendly and said that my case is approved but my wife needs further administrative procession to be completed so it'll be up to 3 weeks for us to receive her passport. Both my wife and I have been studying & working under several different visas in US, and it seemed like they didn't have the correct/updated record of my wife's visa history. We still got the green welcome letters for both of us, and the interviewer said that she'll try to expedite my wife's case so that we can receive our passports together within 2 weeks hopefully. She said that we'll receive the passports together, but my status updated to issued shortly and I received my passport in a couple of days. It's been over 4 weeks and we're still waiting for my wife's passport and the status for her still says Administrative Processing. We tried contacting the consular office, but generic message only. Any advice on this? Do you think the retrogression might be affecting her case and we'll need to wait till October for her case to complete?? Thanks for your insights in advance. 

So EB2 progressed by a full year in the Sept visa bulletin that came out today. This helps me as I have a Aug 2017 priority date. Hopefully it helps others too. Maybe we have some hope of getting a few EB2'ers in for interviews in September?

I'm curious - what are most people's priority dates that are currently waiting?

image.thumb.png.1008d06d93b8c001560a16aa5ec24bce.png

8 hours ago, lk27 said:

Hi all, I wanted to see if anyone's had or heard of similar case to ours previously and have any advice for us. My wife and I had our interview on 7/16. The interviewer was super friendly and said that my case is approved but my wife needs further administrative procession to be completed so it'll be up to 3 weeks for us to receive her passport. Both my wife and I have been studying & working under several different visas in US, and it seemed like they didn't have the correct/updated record of my wife's visa history. We still got the green welcome letters for both of us, and the interviewer said that she'll try to expedite my wife's case so that we can receive our passports together within 2 weeks hopefully. She said that we'll receive the passports together, but my status updated to issued shortly and I received my passport in a couple of days. It's been over 4 weeks and we're still waiting for my wife's passport and the status for her still says Administrative Processing. We tried contacting the consular office, but generic message only. Any advice on this? Do you think the retrogression might be affecting her case and we'll need to wait till October for her case to complete?? Thanks for your insights in advance. 

I used to experience on an H1b VISA. The VO told me everything looks good but might take up to 2 week and I ended up waiting for 4 in radio silence. It was streesfull but rest assure that an approved case is going to be issued. I'm almost certain that if PD is not current at the moment, the VISA can not be issued. You may want to check the Sep bulletin - it just came out. Hope all the best!

@can2us_ my PD is in 2016 so it has always been current. But according to previous trend if anyone got Sep dates, we should have heard already. The dates for EBs usually come out 6-9th day of the month. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, BurBur said:

@can2us_ my PD is in 2016 so it has always been current. But according to previous trend if anyone got Sep dates, we should have heard already. The dates for EBs usually come out 6-9th day of the month. Thoughts?

Yea, I guess I was still holdin' out some hope :). Partly because I've also been watching the CR1/IR1 group, and nobody in there (or here) has heard anything from Montreal yet this month. So I was thinking they may not have done their scheduling yet.

Edited by can2us_

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.