Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TexasForeverYall said:

Yes I will be sending my passports in via the quickest possible delivery method,  Unfortunately, I reached out to the doctor that did my medical already - I said I would happily pay for a another one and he REFUSED to do it until the Consulate requested it.  Incredibly frustrating as this has the potential to set my move date back by 2-3 months.

I suggest you send your passport via non-Canada Post, quickest and trackable means possible. Mention in big bold letters (on the envelope as well as inside the package) TIME SENSITIVE - MEDICAL EXPIRING ON JAN 30. Also send a follow-up mail and bring the Jan 30 deadline to their attention. I'm sure they will be able to expedite your visa issuance because consulate is usually good with attending to matters they are urgent in nature.

Timeline
On 12/10/2018 at 2:09 PM, ascb said:

This is what we appear to have so far. Did CanMon get an interview in December?

Name                   category                CC date                 Interview date

PhilCanUSRN       EB2                        May 7                    Nov 16

Deztiny                  EB2                        May 21                  Nov 26

bkbk8                    EB2                 May be June, Not sure and not active in the forum

CanMon                EB2                        July 26                  Waiting

vnca                       EB3                       Aug 20                   Waiting

Shaki                      EB2                       Oct 10                    Waiting

Mo85                     EB2                       Waiting                   Waiting

Ratri                       EB2                       Aug 6                      Waiting

ascb                       EB2                       Oct 11                    Waiting

dskar        EB2      Oct 18      Waiting

40 minutes ago, TexasForeverYall said:

Yes I will be sending my passports in via the quickest possible delivery method,  Unfortunately, I reached out to the doctor that did my medical already - I said I would happily pay for a another one and he REFUSED to do it until the Consulate requested it.  Incredibly frustrating as this has the potential to set my move date back by 2-3 months.

what does your lawyer say to do?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, ascb said:

This is what we appear to have so far. Did CanMon get an interview in December?

Name                   category                CC date                 Interview date

PhilCanUSRN       EB2                        May 7                    Nov 16

Deztiny                  EB2                        May 21                  Nov 26

bkbk8                    EB2                 May be June, Not sure and not active in the forum

CanMon                EB2                        July 26                  Waiting

vnca                       EB3                       Aug 20                   Waiting

Shaki                      EB2                       Oct 10                    Waiting

Mo85                     EB2                       Waiting                   Waiting

Ratri                       EB2                       Aug 6                      Waiting

ascb                       EB2                       Oct 11                    Waiting

Guys, any updates to this? Also what questions should I expect at the interview in Montreal Consulate? I just got my 140 Approval yesterday!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

GottaLoveCalif , let me first congratulate you on your I-140 Approval.

I think at this stage you do not need to ask for the updates on this timeline as the timeline indicated people who have completed their cases with NVC.

You need to start the Consular Processing, gather documents, pay fees etc and make sure your case is completed/closed with NVC, then you can start to look at this timeline.

Currently, there is a trend of 6 months wait for interview from the date your case/file has been closed with NVC, it might change but no one can tell you an accurate timeline, this thread is just a guide for most of us and it has been proven there is a 6 months wait from when you complete your file at NVC, However with the current Federal strike no one knows the impact to NVC and their workload.

Good luck.

On 12/17/2018 at 11:31 AM, dskar said:

I suggest you send your passport via non-Canada Post, quickest and trackable means possible. Mention in big bold letters (on the envelope as well as inside the package) TIME SENSITIVE - MEDICAL EXPIRING ON JAN 30. Also send a follow-up mail and bring the Jan 30 deadline to their attention. I'm sure they will be able to expedite your visa issuance because consulate is usually good with attending to matters they are urgent in nature.

Yes, I finally heard back from them on December 31st, 2018 - they requested a new police background check (old one had expired) and noted that my medical was expiring soon too, so to get these documents to them ASAP.  Of course I got it done that afternoon, and I just received the police check back this morning.  I used the Canada Post Courier service to return my documents (they gave me a number and a barcode and it was free 1-2 business days).  It should arrive there on Monday or Tuesday.  I wrote URGENT and TIME SENSITIVE on the envelope and also enclosed a letter explaining about the medical expiring soon.  Here's hoping they turn it around in time, but of course it depends on how quickly they are opening mail as well!  I will keep you all posted!

Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, Shaki said:

GottaLoveCalif , let me first congratulate you on your I-140 Approval.

I think at this stage you do not need to ask for the updates on this timeline as the timeline indicated people who have completed their cases with NVC.

You need to start the Consular Processing, gather documents, pay fees etc and make sure your case is completed/closed with NVC, then you can start to look at this timeline.

Currently, there is a trend of 6 months wait for interview from the date your case/file has been closed with NVC, it might change but no one can tell you an accurate timeline, this thread is just a guide for most of us and it has been proven there is a 6 months wait from when you complete your file at NVC, However with the current Federal strike no one knows the impact to NVC and their workload.

Good luck.

Thanks Shaki. I look forward to it. I am getting a lawyer for this last step as well just to make sure everything will go smoothly. My case was transferred to NVC last week, do you know how long it is gonna take from the transfer to CC if I act fast? Appreciate it.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@RatriThanks for the info, this is just consolidating what we know, case close to interview for EB2/3 candidates in Montreal is average of 6 months. I am planning mine around this as well which will be sometime in April.

@GottaLoveCalif, its somewhere around 3 months, again its case by case, how quickly you gather your documents and send to NVC, but mine was around 3 months. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, Ratri said:

Finally Got the interview date on first week of February 2019 :) CC Date August 9. 2018. Good luck everyone, you will get yours . Its took us 6 months. If it was not for all the December holidays, it probably would have taken 5 months.

Congratulations Ratri, and all the best for the interview. Thanks also for sharing your info., looks like 6 months from CC to interview is fairly consistent. Below is the latest/greatest based on information so far:

Name                   category                CC date                 Interview date

PhilCanUSRN       EB2                        May 7                    Nov 16

Deztiny                  EB2                        May 21                  Nov 26

bkbk8                    EB2                 May be June, Not sure and not active in the forum

CanMon                EB2                        July 26                  Jan 19 last week

vnca                       EB3                       Aug 20                   Waiting

Shaki                      EB2                       Oct 10                    Waiting

Mo85                     EB2                       Waiting                   Waiting

Ratri                       EB2                       Aug 6                      Feb 19 first week

ascb                       EB2                       Oct 11                    Waiting

Timeline
On 1/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, Shaki said:

@RatriThanks for the info, this is just consolidating what we know, case close to interview for EB2/3 candidates in Montreal is average of 6 months. I am planning mine around this as well which will be sometime in April.

@GottaLoveCalif, its somewhere around 3 months, again its case by case, how quickly you gather your documents and send to NVC, but mine was around 3 months. 

Hi Shaki,

Thanks very much. Do you mind telling me what documents should I start gathering? also where should I get my police clearance in Canada and how long it is going to be valid? I want to act fast. Thanks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.