Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

@204 Thanks for sharing! Based on the graphs shared earlier, I think this is the first time since July 2019 that MTL has touched 100 EB visas issued. Moreover, it’s only the third time MTL touched a 100 EB visas since 2017. I guess March 2020 was an abnormally huge DQ month for EB, and probably >95% of the applicants aren’t here on the forum.

Trying to think of what other reasons there could be for us to not see that March 2020 date move while they are issuing record EB visas each month, any ideas?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

@204 Thanks for sharing! Based on the graphs shared earlier, I think this is the first time since July 2019 that MTL has touched 100 EB visas issued. Moreover, it’s only the third time MTL touched a 100 EB visas since 2017. I guess March 2020 was an abnormally huge DQ month for EB, and probably >95% of the applicants aren’t here on the forum.

Trying to think of what other reasons there could be for us to not see that March 2020 date move while they are issuing record EB visas each month, any ideas?

It's good to see MTL is issuing more, which indicates they're trying to reduce the backlog. At least, they're working, not taking vacations... LOL

Maybe you're right; EB people DQ'ed on Mar. 2020 are exceptionally high and that's why IL is stagnated... 

42 minutes ago, 204 said:

It's good to see MTL is issuing more, which indicates they're trying to reduce the backlog. At least, they're working, not taking vacations... LOL

Maybe you're right; EB people DQ'ed on Mar. 2020 are exceptionally high and that's why IL is stagnated... 

Agreed. Great EB MTL numbers for March!

Either March DQ have abnormally high numbers or MTL consulate is giving higher priority to certain workers like medical professionals.  Either way, the strong EB processing  numbers is positive news for us all.

34 minutes ago, ALC said:

Impressive to think that for less than 10 days at the beginning of March 2020, NVC DQ'ed 100 EB cases, for Canada alone

The stats and the DQ dates we see are two different numbers. The stats are for the visas issued in the month of May 2022, which means they received their letters in April 2022 or so. For perspective of scale, we don’t have even a single person out of that 100 that were issued EB visas on this forum/tracker. 

6 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

The stats and the DQ dates we see are two different numbers. The stats are for the visas issued in the month of May 2022, which means they received their letters in April 2022 or so. For perspective of scale, we don’t have even a single person out of that 100 that were issued EB visas on this forum/tracker. 

I know, if you look at line 14 and 15 of the tracker, the gap between was 10 days (3/1/2020-3/11/2020), the guy on 3/1 was interviewed in April, the guy on 3/11 will be interviewed in June, so for May, there were 100 EB visas, which was DQ'ed in that 10 days, it's just deductive reasoning.

OR MTL is prioritizing certain groups (medical, people that are suing them etc.), and not strictly following the "first in first out" norm. 

Either way, strong numbers in May for EB's

Not sure if this was shared before, https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/fiscal-year-2022-employment-based-adjustment-of-status-faqs

I decided to switch to AOS, will start preparing documents soon. I think Montreal consulate absolutely failed their mission by creating such backlog for employment based category. 

Edited by forever_immigrant

5 minutes ago, forever_immigrant said:

Not sure if this was shared before, https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/fiscal-year-2022-employment-based-adjustment-of-status-faqs

I decided to switch to AOS, will shart preparing documents soon. I think Montreal consulate absolutely failed their mission by creating such backlog for employment based category. 

I made that decision in December, was relocated on a L1 visa in February (2022), AOS was submitted in March 

Had my bio in May and got the medical RFE last week, hope to respond in the next week or two. 

20 hours ago, GLI said:

I made that decision in December, was relocated on a L1 visa in February (2022), AOS was submitted in March 

Had my bio in May and got the medical RFE last week, hope to respond in the next week or two. 

It is definitely going to be faster than the NVC but even USCIS is backlogged...

My cousin who is in Boston did his bio last December and he is still waiting for the work permit to come.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.