Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Timeline
55 minutes ago, can_do said:

I think, IR/CR wait times will be reduced to a matter of hours, kinda like a drive thru...

EB applicants, however, will continue telling tales of patience and how their journey was to Mordor... sorry I meant Montreal...

Not sure whether to laugh or cry...

Both at the same time seems fitting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Tony05 said:

Because of the midterm elections?

No, because the wait time for CR1/IR1 is NOT reducing, not recently. It reduced from 12 months (from DQ to interview) in 2021 to 2-4 months in Feb 2022. Since then that has been consistent, and it reduced further.

Why did the wait time reduce between October 2021 - December 2022? I understand it was because Montreal finally acted on the pressure they were receiving from state department from the March/ April 2021 DoS ruling to reduce wait times by adopting the tiered approach. To do this MTL borrowed staff from other consulates for 3 months to process the IR1/CR1/K1 cases in droves. I was there in November; the consulate was packed and wait times outside the consulate to get in was 3 hours or more.

Now that tier 2 backlog is cleared, it appears Montreal is clearing tier 3 backlog. They will probably get to tier 4 (EB) next.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

No, because the wait time for CR1/IR1 is NOT reducing, not recently. It reduced from 12 months (from DQ to interview) in 2021 to 2-4 months in Feb 2022. Since then that has been consistent, and it reduced further.

Why did the wait time reduce between October 2021 - December 2022? I understand it was because Montreal finally acted on the pressure they were receiving from state department from the March/ April 2021 DoS ruling to reduce wait times by adopting the tiered approach. To do this MTL borrowed staff from other consulates for 3 months to process the IR1/CR1/K1 cases in droves. I was there in November; the consulate was packed and wait times outside the consulate to get in was 3 hours or more.

Now that tier 2 backlog is cleared, it appears Montreal is clearing tier 3 backlog. They will probably get to tier 4 (EB) next.

It’s clear that who has the right to vote.

Timeline
9 hours ago, can_do said:

So basically, MTL is trying to keep an acceptable backlog (<6 mos) for all Tiers/categories.

Does that mean that Tiers 3 & 4 will receive a burst of ILs until they too are withing the acceptable backlog?

Sorry, I'm asking as if you work there... Just grasping at whatever we can... Thanks.

Yeah we can only speculate from the little we observe from this forum.

“MTL is trying to keep an acceptable backlog for all categories” - yes, I agree. Whether this would be equal among the categories, I don’t know, but I doubt it. I looks like they are aiming to bring it back to pre-pandemic levels. 

Also yes, Tier 3 is already seeing a burst of ILs and reduction of backlog. So hopefully it will be the same for Tier 4.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ALC said:

@From_CAN_2_US Asking for a friend, how long did it take for the NSC to adjudicate your I-130? And when did you file?  Thanks!

It’s on my timeline here.

We submitted on Nov 16 2020, and were approved on Feb 11 2021. So a little shy of 3 months…

It varies greatly between cases though, and no one really knows why…

7 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

It’s on my timeline here.

We submitted on Nov 16 2020, and were approved on Feb 11 2021. So a little shy of 3 months…

It varies greatly between cases though, and no one really knows why…

Didn't realize there is a timeline feature, sorry, and thank you!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ALC said:

Didn't realize there is a timeline feature, sorry, and thank you!

No Problem. Yeah the timeline here is pretty helpful, and it’s how VJ generates stats and predictions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.