Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Our lawyer is working on the Mandamus route now.  I am trying to confirm if this will be for a group of us or if it's an individual thing.  She said to give her a few days.

This will probably be petitioned by individuals, but doesn't mean we can't all use the same law firm to do this at the same time. Once you know more, please share!

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Our lawyer is working on the Mandamus route now.  I am trying to confirm if this will be for a group of us or if it's an individual thing.  She said to give her a few days.

Thanks for the update! Spoke to Goldstein over the weekend and they’re willing to file individual too (cannot do group despite it looking like similar cases, they said). Sharing this if anyone, especially NIW self petitioned folks, are interested. I’m unable to proceed since I’ll have to get the green light from my employer and employer’s law firm

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, the Mandamus is going to be for the group.  Anyone interested in the Mandamus route, please DM me the following ASAP:

1. Name

2.  Which state you are moving to

3.  Type of Immigrant Visa

4.  DQ Date

5.  Field of employment

6.  Confirm Montreal is Consulate

7.  E-mail address

The lawyer is Sarah S. Rama.  She is based out of Florida.  Sounds like this is going to be pro bono.  She is working on her pleadings and will work on additional facts as we go.  She will be filing in each districts court that each of us are moving to.

11 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Okay, the Mandamus is going to be for the group. 

Amazing thanks so much for doing this key first step and research! I really am hoping I can join in, depends on what my employer says. Will keep you posted, thanks a lot! All the best with this!

Edited by VA21202

Timeline
10 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

Does this affect if we have our own lawyer?

I am interested but I have my own lawyer so want to know how does that affect?

I am unsure, I will find out or maybe run this by your lawyer for their thoughts.  I have two lawyers as the one only files I-140s.  Both know each other well though.  All I did was complete form G-28 to add Ms. Rama as legal representation on my file.  The lawyer that filed the I-140 is still receiving the 60 day notices from NVC.

Edited by 3LabMom

1 hour ago, 3LabMom said:

Okay, the Mandamus is going to be for the group.  Anyone interested in the Mandamus route, please DM me the following ASAP:

1. Name

4.  DQ Date

5.  Field of employment

7.  E-mail address

The lawyer is Sarah S. Rama.  She is based out of Florida.  Sounds like this is going to be pro bono.  She is working on her pleadings and will work on additional facts as we go.  She will be filing in each districts court that each of us are moving to.

Thanks! This is such a great news!

Would you be able to confirm with Sarah for cases that are employer-sponsored EB category, will they need the employer's approval to file cases on their behalf?  Also, if a court delivers judgment on the NIW EB cases, would it get limited to NIW cases, or could it be general enough for all EB categories? Perhaps, it's too early to tell but trying to understand if court judgment would be limited to individual cases since it's been filed individually and not as a group class action lawsuit.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, topman said:

Thanks! This is such a great news!

Would you be able to confirm with Sarah for cases that are employer-sponsored EB category, will they need the employer's approval to file cases on their behalf?  Also, if a court delivers judgment on the NIW EB cases, would it get limited to NIW cases, or could it be general enough for all EB categories? Perhaps, it's too early to tell but trying to understand if court judgment would be limited to individual cases since it's been filed individually and not as a group class action lawsuit.

Looking into! :)

3 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

1. Name

4.  DQ Date

5.  Field of employment

7.  E-mail address

Amazing! I appreciate you taking this important step on behalf of all of us. I will private message you! 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ALC said:

For those of us that are for sure in for the legal action, we should do a private WhatsApp group, at some point we are gonna run into privacy/confidentiality/privileged communication issues on a public forum. 

I have created a WhatsApp group on my phone. Please send me your phone number via Private Message, I can add you to the group.

~~

17 minutes ago, agrisiva said:

I have created a WhatsApp group on my phone. Please send me your phone number via Private Message, I can add you to the group.

I'd say let's wait until each one of us had signed the retainer agreement/G-28 so that the WhatsApp group only has people that are actually doing this, so there is no concern of piercing the privilege. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, kiboy said:

i know 2 people with DQ of august 2021 got interview date already non expedite. is it true they prioritize healthcare workers vs non healthcare workers?

Yes, can confirm that they are prioritizing healthcare workers.

6 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

1. Name

4.  DQ Date

5.  Field of employment

7.  E-mail address

Did she say if there was a cutoff for DQ dates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.