p1503

Scheduling CR1 interview

20 posts in this topic

Can anyone help :o 

Our case was expedited to London embassy, received a letter with instructions to schedule appointment. But the information is for a K1 visa not CR1? So when I follow the instructions to register on  the website which option do I pick: the K1 (following the instructions) or immigrant visa option? 

Any info or opinions would be great! 

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I would email the embassy with the beneficiary’s name, date of birth, and case number and ask them to change your case to a CR-1. The processes are slightly different for K1 and CR-1 at the embassy stage and you want to get this corrected before the interview if possible.

CR-1 Nebraska Service Center U.S. Embassy Madrid

Event

Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Madrid, Spain
Marriage (if applicable):  
I-130 Sent : 2018-04-11
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-04-23
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-06-20
NVC Received : 2018-06-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, p1503 said:

Can anyone help :o 

Our case was expedited to London embassy, received a letter with instructions to schedule appointment. But the information is for a K1 visa not CR1? So when I follow the instructions to register on  the website which option do I pick: the K1 (following the instructions) or immigrant visa option? 

Any info or opinions would be great! 

Thanks!

Here are the CR1 instructions used by those that do DCF at London. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

See if that helps.

34 minutes ago, ChrisJay11 said:

I would email the embassy with the beneficiary’s name, date of birth, and case number and ask them to change your case to a CR-1. The processes are slightly different for K1 and CR-1 at the embassy stage and you want to get this corrected before the interview if possible.

I have done so hopefully they will clear it all up, thanks! 

15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Here are the CR1 instructions used by those that do DCF at London. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

See if that helps.

Thank you, I have registered like this, hopefully it’s right! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ChrisJay11 said:

His case is already a CR1. No changes needed. They just gave him confusing instructions because most of the time, it is the K1s who are scheduling their own appointment. But they all schedule on the same immigrant visa portal.  He just needs to choose:

I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

• 2 weeks later...

Our case was expedited too, we just selected the "I have received a letter..." and scheduled it. Our interview is for July 6th! Just a day after yours! After looking at your timeline it looks like we followed a similar timeline! Good luck to you!

9 minutes ago, NatalieB said:

Our case was expedited too, we just selected the "I have received a letter..." and scheduled it. Our interview is for July 6th! Just a day after yours! After looking at your timeline it looks like we followed a similar timeline! Good luck to you!

Ohhh yay! I was worried I was doing it wrong... and you! :) 

31 minutes ago, NatalieB said:

I was worried too, but there isn't really another option. I guess we'll find out for sure soon lol.

Defo! Aha, wonder what interview is like to have all the docs checked too... 💭

1 hour ago, p1503 said:

I was told by the embassy (I sent them an email) that we bring all the civil docs etc to the interview and do not need to upload them. Did you fill out DS-260 online? We filled it out and will bring the confirmation page but I also wonder because the case was sent to London before we filled it out. Hopefully that's not an issue either.

1 hour ago, p1503 said:

Also, did you pay the $265 fee when you scheduled the interview? I have been looking online and I think the fee for CR1 is $325, so wondering if we pay the difference at the interview or how that works.

40 minutes ago, NatalieB said:

I was told by the embassy (I sent them an email) that we bring all the civil docs etc to the interview and do not need to upload them. Did you fill out DS-260 online? We filled it out and will bring the confirmation page but I also wonder because the case was sent to London before we filled it out. Hopefully that's not an issue either.

I still think that’s fine, we filled the DS 260 just before it expedited but we also have the confirmation page. No I didn’t pay anything at the interview scheduling. We paid the AOS and IV on CEAC, but the $325 i think at the embassy...  

Timeline
2 hours ago, NatalieB said:

Also, did you pay the $265 fee when you scheduled the interview? I have been looking online and I think the fee for CR1 is $325, so wondering if we pay the difference at the interview or how that works.

$265 is the Fiancé Visa K1 fee which is paid online at the time of choosing an interview and setting up courier delivery.  It sounds like you may have booked a fiancé interview. 

The spouse visa Instructions I provided a link for above do not have a payment option Step while booking the interview. That is because CR1s pay $325 to the cashier window of the embassy while at the interview. 

It is all the same same people who interview spouses and fiancés so they will sort it out when you get there. You have a receipt of paying $265 so take that with you. 

35 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

$265 is the Fiancé Visa K1 fee which is paid online at the time of choosing an interview and setting up courier delivery.  It sounds like you may have booked a fiancé interview. 

The spouse visa Instructions I provided a link for above do not have a payment option Step while booking the interview. That is because CR1s pay $325 to the cashier window of the embassy while at the interview. 

It is all the same same people who interview spouses and fiancés so they will sort it out when you get there. You have a receipt of paying $265 so take that with you. 

Oh no! I selected the "I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment" and it directed me to pay. Do you think they will make us come back for another interview if I scheduled the wrong one?

Timeline
2 hours ago, NatalieB said:

Oh no! I selected the "I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment" and it directed me to pay. Do you think they will make us come back for another interview if I scheduled the wrong one?

No. Not a chance. They will sort it and collect your extra amount due.  There are Immigrant interviews and Nonimmigrant. Both fiancés and spouses see the same people...the Immigrant Visa Unit. They are very nice, and it's an easy process. Nothing to fear unless you are a scammer, drug dealer, criminal. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.