Neledna100913

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

280 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, YafaUSA said:

Been thinking about what @ApplyingforN400 and that's definitely an option (our cases waiting at NBC until our local office asks for them) but I honestly thought our files were transferred to NBC because our local office already asked for it. I've seen several people who got interview notice right after the transfer. I know all we can do is sit and wait... but I can't help but to think about it all the time! :wacko:

Same here!! This week,hopefully we hear the good news. BTW , I thought that NBC schedules appointment date and the local office goes ahead and conducts interview.At least a GC approval would have been a great morale boost at this point.Thank you @YafaUSA  @Name O Boy  @shell20  @thilimaa you guys continue to be  such an encouragement and make this tedious journey so much more lighter. Have a blessed day!🍉🍊🍍🍏🍎🍓

Edited by CoffeeVegan

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

1 hour ago, ramus_maximus said:

Updates for anyone?

☺ Thank you for asking @ramus_maximus. Nothing yet😑. Will let you guys know the moment I hear anything.

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Maya2015 said:

Are we all still believing that the transfers were a good thing? I would like to know if CSC is faster now than Nebraska...

Surely hope so. But not sure what to believe as hearing different stories from everyone, including USCIS officers.

4 minutes ago, Maya2015 said:

Are we all still believing that the transfers were a good thing? I would like to know if CSC is faster now than Nebraska...

Nebraska is for sure faster, from what I read if your file got transferred to Nebraska then youre weeks away from approval but if you got transferred to National benefit center then youre in a new territory with the new batch update. 

No one seems to know for sure whats going to happen. Some say NBC only preps the files for local offices some say its getting approved there. 

...geeezz and it's not like we didn't pay for it! We should pay after the decision, I wonder if they would take that long as well :-)

Yes, I was transferred to Nebraska April 4th. (Feb 2017 CSC filler)

10 minutes ago, Maya2015 said:

...geeezz and it's not like we didn't pay for it! We should pay after the decision, I wonder if they would take that long as well :-)

Yes, I was transferred to Nebraska April 4th. (Feb 2017 CSC filler)

From what Ive read, you’re about a month or less away from approval, pretty good good for a feb filer considering they are dragging on nov 2016 and dec hasnt been touched. 

Amazing how many approvals happened on jan 2017, so you’re def on track with whats happening with jan, give it a month. 

Edited by ApplyingforN400

2 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

From what Ive read, you’re about a month or less away from approval, pretty good good for a feb filer considering they are dragging on nov 2016 and dec hasnt been touched. 

Amazing how many approvals happened on jan 2017, so you’re def on track with whats happening with jan, give it a month. 

If that’s true, drinks are on me :-D

44 minutes ago, Maya2015 said:

38 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Nebraska is for sure faster, from what I read if your file got transferred to Nebraska then youre weeks away from approval but if you got transferred to National benefit center then youre in a new territory with the new batch update. 

No one seems to know for sure whats going to happen. Some say NBC only preps the files for local offices some say its getting approved there. 

Did they transferred yours to Nebraska? If you mean NBC, this is not Nebraska. This is National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO

Mine was transferred to NBC too, Lee's Summit, Missouri. 

Good luck for everyone! 

I-485 (AOS)

04/01/2015 Sent Form I-485.

05/06/2015 Scheduled the interview and mailed its notice.

06/16/2015 The Post Office picked up mail containing the new card.

06/16/2015 The 2 years Green Card was mailed to me.

06/18/2015 The 2 years Green Card in hand.

I-751 (ROC)

03/13/2017 Sent I-751 documents to CSC.

03/14/2017 Package received.

03/16/2017 Check cashed.

03/??/2017  NOA received.

03/14/2017 NOA dated.

03/27/2017 Biometrics. "walked-in" 

02/26/2018 Case transferred to my local office.

05/01/2018 Case transferred to another office.

05/03/2018 Case transferred to another office. 

05/07/2018 Received letter in mail, my case was transferred to NBC. "Letter's date is 05/01/2018" 

06/05/2018 Received letter in mail, they will do an interview at the same time, date and location of my N-400 interview. "06/21/2018"

06/21/2018 The combo interview (with N-400 interview). But it's still pending until they send me the result of this interview.

06/27/2018 The case was approved, with the N-400 approval. 

06/30/2018 Received the approval letter in mail.

N-400 (Under 3 Years Rule)

04/02/2018 Applied for N-400 Online. (I-751 is still pending) 

04/02/2018 Received NOA Online (Received in mail on 4/03/18).

04/27/2018 Biometrics.

05/14/2018 Scheduled the N-400 interview.

06/21/2018 Interview's date.

Passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test.

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

06/27/2018 The case was approved (with the I-751 approval), and placed me in line for oath ceremony.

07/09/2018 Oath Ceremony was scheduled.

07/20/2018 Oath Ceremony.

U.S. Citizen and proud! 

1 minute ago, Cincyman said:

Did they transferred yours to Nebraska? If you mean NBC, this is not Nebraska. This is National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO

Mine was transferred to NBC too, Lee's Summit, Missouri. 

Good luck for everyone! 

Yes, Nebraska like many others. 

1 minute ago, Maya2015 said:

Yes, Nebraska like many others. 

Most of applicants got a transferred notice to NBC, not to Nebraska "NSC"

I think you are luckier than most of us, I think Nebraska is faster than CSC, VSC & NBC

I-485 (AOS)

04/01/2015 Sent Form I-485.

05/06/2015 Scheduled the interview and mailed its notice.

06/16/2015 The Post Office picked up mail containing the new card.

06/16/2015 The 2 years Green Card was mailed to me.

06/18/2015 The 2 years Green Card in hand.

I-751 (ROC)

03/13/2017 Sent I-751 documents to CSC.

03/14/2017 Package received.

03/16/2017 Check cashed.

03/??/2017  NOA received.

03/14/2017 NOA dated.

03/27/2017 Biometrics. "walked-in" 

02/26/2018 Case transferred to my local office.

05/01/2018 Case transferred to another office.

05/03/2018 Case transferred to another office. 

05/07/2018 Received letter in mail, my case was transferred to NBC. "Letter's date is 05/01/2018" 

06/05/2018 Received letter in mail, they will do an interview at the same time, date and location of my N-400 interview. "06/21/2018"

06/21/2018 The combo interview (with N-400 interview). But it's still pending until they send me the result of this interview.

06/27/2018 The case was approved, with the N-400 approval. 

06/30/2018 Received the approval letter in mail.

N-400 (Under 3 Years Rule)

04/02/2018 Applied for N-400 Online. (I-751 is still pending) 

04/02/2018 Received NOA Online (Received in mail on 4/03/18).

04/27/2018 Biometrics.

05/14/2018 Scheduled the N-400 interview.

06/21/2018 Interview's date.

Passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test.

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

06/27/2018 The case was approved (with the I-751 approval), and placed me in line for oath ceremony.

07/09/2018 Oath Ceremony was scheduled.

07/20/2018 Oath Ceremony.

U.S. Citizen and proud! 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Cincyman said:

Most of applicants got a transferred notice to NBC, not to Nebraska "NSC"

I think you are luckier than most of us, I think Nebraska is faster than CSC, VSC & NBC

Something I can't understand ROC process take 3 months or less at VSC but case just sits around for 15-18 months before gets transferred to NBC. I know that CSC gets more cases than VSC but they need to redistribute the areas ( share equal cases by CSC and VSC) where some states don't have to suffer as much.

6 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

Something I can't understand ROC process take 3 months or less at VSC but case just sits around for 15-18 months before gets transferred to NBC. I know that CSC gets more cases than VSC but they need to redistribute the areas ( share equal cases by CSC and VSC) where some states don't have to suffer as much.

The CSC backlog is newish, CSC used to be soo much faster than VSC that VSC transferred a bunch of files few years ago. Just our luck we filed with an administration change with 180 degree in how they want immigration to run which only happens every 8 years most of the time. 

Basically immigration laws have always been tough but the admin before seems to have diluted some of the rules, while this administration didnt change any laws, it seems they told the staff to not skip any existing steps when adjusticating. 

An example would be the laws says: review marriage evidence

obama admin: lease is enough evidence for quick approval

trump admin: lease is not enough evidence, we need to verify everyday of the last 2 years

Add DACA mess, interviews for ALL employment based green card and you can have a backlog that never ends.  

Timeline
13 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

The CSC backlog is newish, CSC used to be soo much faster than VSC that VSC transferred a bunch of files few years ago. Just our luck we filed with an administration change with 180 degree in how they want immigration to run which only happens every 8 years most of the time. 

Basically immigration laws have always been tough but the admin before seems to have diluted some of the rules, while this administration didnt change any laws, it seems they told the staff to not skip any existing steps when adjusticating. 

An example would be the laws says: review marriage evidence

obama admin: lease is enough evidence for quick approval

trump admin: lease is not enough evidence, we need to verify everyday of the last 2 years

Add DACA mess, interviews for ALL employment based green card and you can have a backlog that never ends.  

There used to be an option for us to check the processing time at NBC before the new website update. Did they remove NBC as an option check?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.