7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ok so i am currently trying to sort medical insurance as i had eye surgery and need regular checkups ( nothing fancy just hey your graft isnt rejecting)

but I am having two issues, one my wife and i cannot figure out if i am eligible for tax credit on the plans covered CA have offered and 2 i entered the country on february 21st and got married on april 7th one covered CA counselor has said im elligible another says i am out of the window? any advice folks i am so confused by all of this

Timeline
23 minutes ago, almostfamousgrl said:

ok so i am currently trying to sort medical insurance as i had eye surgery and need regular checkups ( nothing fancy just hey your graft isnt rejecting)

but I am having two issues, one my wife and i cannot figure out if i am eligible for tax credit on the plans covered CA have offered and 2 i entered the country on february 21st and got married on april 7th one covered CA counselor has said im elligible another says i am out of the window? any advice folks i am so confused by all of this

for the record i am currently making up my packet to apply for my AoS so i realize my status is a little murky 

1 hour ago, almostfamousgrl said:

for the record i am currently making up my packet to apply for my AoS so i realize my status is a little murky 

The following immigration status' can get healthcare through the public marketplace: https://www.healthcare.gov/immigrants/immigration-status/ 

Given that you are married, your best bet is to get on your spouses plan.

Depending on the dates of your marriage/move, you might be eligible by having a 'qualifying life event.' Complete an account to see if you're eligible. https://www.coveredca.com/individuals-and-families/getting-covered/special-enrollment/qualifying-life-events/

Timeline
13 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

The following immigration status' can get healthcare through the public marketplace: https://www.healthcare.gov/immigrants/immigration-status/ 

Given that you are married, your best bet is to get on your spouses plan.

Depending on the dates of your marriage/move, you might be eligible by having a 'qualifying life event.' Complete an account to see if you're eligible. https://www.coveredca.com/individuals-and-families/getting-covered/special-enrollment/qualifying-life-events/

shes young enough to be on her parents plan still so i cannot get on that, and ive created an account and am in the process of applying for covered ca spoke to an enroller today they need to take physical copies of my details to sing me up as i have no credit back ground here yet

1 hour ago, almostfamousgrl said:

shes young enough to be on her parents plan still so i cannot get on that, and ive created an account and am in the process of applying for covered ca spoke to an enroller today they need to take physical copies of my details to sing me up as i have no credit back ground here yet

That makes sense. Just start the process - there's a period of leniency so you don't have to worry about the tax penalty next year for not having insurance. Of course, having insurance helps mitigate the risks of being uninsured in the US. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
On 5/1/2018 at 4:17 PM, almostfamousgrl said:

I am insured undercover California with my husband. We applied during the enrollment process. You still can be enrolled since this is a family-event change without waiting for open enrolment.   You just want to be sure you have all the documents required, Social Security, Marriage Certificate etc...

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone we currently applying for covered CA and got dicision and stated not eligible because my husband income is high now then they suggest us to choose a private health insurance plan in the marketplacr of coved cali just wanna ask which one is the best thank u so much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.