AdilGina

Be Careful

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My ex-husband is from Morocco.  We met in September of 2013.  We married in September of 2014. I thought he was the love of my life.  We went through the K1 and Cr1 visa processes.   He finally came to the US in November of 2015.  By July of 2015 he had moved out. When he first came here he refused to find a job even though we were struggling financially. I had taken on more than $25,000 in debt between the visa fees, helping his family and his personal demands.  Gym memberships, new name brand clothes, expensive glasses.  He wanted everything and had to have the best.  I finally was able to find him a job. Once he had the job and his green card he became more verbally and physically abusive.  Everything he portrayed in the beginning was just lies. He just wanted to get to the US.  I found out he never even stopped being on dating websites.

Although the judge in our divorce ordered him to pay me for some of it, he only has to in small amounts monthly.  I am facing losing my house because I don’t have enough money coming in to pay my mortgage and the rest of the debt.

I sincerely hope for the best for everyone here.  But beware of the users.  There were signs early on that I closed my eyes to because I believed him and thought he loved me.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AdilGina said:

My ex-husband is from Morocco.  We met in September of 2013.  We married in September of 2014. I thought he was the love of my life.  We went through the K1 and Cr1 visa processes.   He finally came to the US in November of 2015.  By July of 2015 he had moved out. When he first came here he refused to find a job even though we were struggling financially. I had taken on more than $25,000 in debt between the visa fees, helping his family and his personal demands.  Gym memberships, new name brand clothes, expensive glasses.  He wanted everything and had to have the best.  I finally was able to find him a job. Once he had the job and his green card he became more verbally and physically abusive.  Everything he portrayed in the beginning was just lies. He just wanted to get to the US.  I found out he never even stopped being on dating websites.

Although the judge in our divorce ordered him to pay me for some of it, he only has to in small amounts monthly.  I am facing losing my house because I don’t have enough money coming in to pay my mortgage and the rest of the debt.

I sincerely hope for the best for everyone here.  But beware of the users.  There were signs early on that I closed my eyes to because I believed him and thought he loved me.  

This is so sad. I hope you are able to overcome this situation. It is unfortunate and horrible how so people can act like that, selfish pretending and trick others. All my positive thoughts to you and wishing you all the best. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, T_P said:

This is so sad. I hope you are able to overcome this situation. It is unfortunate and horrible how so people can act like that, selfish pretending and trick others. All my positive thoughts to you and wishing you all the best. 

Thank you.  It has been a struggle. I try daily to get past it.  

Timeline
54 minutes ago, AdilGina said:

Correction - he moved out July 1 of 2016, less than 7 months after arriving in the US. 

Timeline

Hi friend...dont ever forget that there is God and he's watching everyone's attention and faith...leave it for God he's gonna take care of this, pray and be strong. Life is a school so from the begining by seeing him tginking jist about himself it would show you how not responsible he's...be with a man faithful and someone who see the future with you (having your house together, traveling, loving each other, making money together) not someone who thinks just about gym and cloths (it shows you basicly he's not a man).

Stay positive mate and pray, God is great God is good 🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional forum, from Off Topic - Even though this applies to many not just Morocco, it is best suited in the Regional forum.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Ayoub said:

Hi friend...dont ever forget that there is God and he's watching everyone's attention and faith...leave it for God he's gonna take care of this, pray and be strong. Life is a school so from the begining by seeing him tginking jist about himself it would show you how not responsible he's...be with a man faithful and someone who see the future with you (having your house together, traveling, loving each other, making money together) not someone who thinks just about gym and cloths (it shows you basicly he's not a man).

Stay positive mate and pray, God is great God is good 🙏

Thank you so much for your kind words. You are so right - God is so good and he sees all.  You gave me hope today,  thank you.  

• 1 month later...

be strong. i know we can only supply with temporary feel good words of encouragement but I truly hope your situation gets better with time and you find peace and calmness. This is quite upsetting :( if he was able to be on dating websites during your whole process and even after, how was that overlooked by some of our finest FBI and security monitors :unsure: too bad they didnt catch that early on and just deny the file to spare you all this heartache. Karma has a way to come around to those who do this to others. He may think he won by using someone to come here, but I assure you he's gonna be faced with something far worse in his path. Hugs sister! You will get stronger from this. And your more wiser ^_^

Timeline:

• Met on Facebook - September 18, 2016
  • Started Dating - December 30, 2016
  • Met in Person - September 25, 2017 (Surprised him for his birthday)
  • Got Engaged! - September 28, 2017 ♥
  • Filed for I-129F - December 22, 2017
  • Rec'd NOA1(Text/Email) - January 2, 2018 :D
  • Rec'd Hard Copy NOA1 (Letter) - Jan. 3, 2018 (letter dated Dec. 29, 2017)
  • Rec'd RFE notice (email 7/24/18) - Pending hard copy letter :whistle:
  • Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • Mailed RFE - Sept. 06, 2018 (will be rec'd Saturday and picked up by Monday)
  • USCIS confirmed RFE rec'd (email, text & USCIS App) - Sept, 11, 2018
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Rec'd Petition - Nov. 23, 2018
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Case # Rec'd - December 06, 2018
  • In Transit to Embassy - Dec. 26, 2018
  • CEAC says 'READY' - Dec. 28, 2018 😀 (Super Fast)
  • PENDING Interview Date 🤯
  • Rec'd Interview Packet (Email) January 29, 2019
  • Interview Schedule FEBRUARY 26!!
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #11 - Sept. 27, 2019 - most likely based from my online inquiry
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁
  • Rec'd Call from Embassy!! October 2, 2019 - Time to re-do medical exam!
  • Completed New Medical Exam - October 4, 2019 - Dropped off at Aramex 😀
  • Aramex Confirmation of Delivery to Embassy for Medical - Oct. 7th, 2019
  • CEAC Update #13 - Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing - Oct. 09, 2019
  • VISA ISSUED! October 11, 2019 (last CEAC update!) 😱 FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
  • Arrived to the US! Oct. 24, 2019
  • Married Dec. 07, 2019 😍
  • Filed AOS/EAD/AP - Jan. 21, 2020
  • Rec'd I-797C Notice - Interview on 10/13/2020
  • Mailed ROC Packet via FedEx - 09.06.2022
  • ROC Packet Delivered - 09.08.2022

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi AdilGina, in your post you mentioned that there were warning signs you overlooked. Could you speak on those warning signs a bit? 

My K1 Visa Journey:

11-09-2018      I-129F Petition Filed   

11-15-2018      NOA1 Received

03-21-2019      NOA2 Received

04-16-2019      NVC Received Case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I’m so very sorry. My heart aches for you. We give so much of ourselves, our heart, our body, our time and our money because we want the same from someone who claims to love us just the same! “Justice is Mine,” says the Lord.” I hope that he reaps what he sows in FULL. Keep your head up sis. My love and prayers your way. 

Edited by Tierra

Timeline

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I have good days and bad days.  But thankfully there are more good days as time passes.  I’m trying not to be bitter and angry because I know it only hurts me.  The last thing I know I need to let go of is wanting him to realize and admit what he did wrong.  I don't think it will ever happen and since I have no contact with him now I would never see it anyway.  

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/profile/301578-a-midsummers-day/ - There were so many signs.  He was very nice and attentive in the beginning.  Saying all the right things you want to hear.  How wonderful I was, love of his life, how desperately he wanted to be with me.  He used to say I was “his queen”. It was too much really, now that I look back.  He would call several times daily, wanted to stay on the phone for hours.  I thought, he must really love me.  But it was actually just to isolate me from my friends and family who tried to talk sense into me.  Once we were married, even before he came to the US it slowly started to change.  He became more angry, insulting and being critical about me.  If I confronted him about it he would say it was because he wanted to be with me so much and was frustrated.  I should have walked away with the first insult - he called me a #######,  

The minute he stepped off the plane from Morocco he was different.  We had not seen each other in person for over a year.  He walked right past me without a hug or a kiss.  He continued to pull away, small things every day.  He had promised to get a job as soon as he could.  But instead he started demanding things, clothes gym membership, cell phone, two new pair of designer glasses, etc.  When he realized some of the clothes I bought him were from Marshall’s (not a high end retailer) he refused to wear them even though they were name brand, they were not bought at the mall so he got mad and wouldn’t wear them. 

He he was very secretive.  He would stay up all night on the internet, later I found out he was on dating sites. 

I finally told him I could not continue to send money back to his family any more.  I had gone from zero credit card debt to over $18,000 with all the expenses related to the visa, supporting his family and his demands.  I helped him get a job through people I knew.  He started sending his family $1000 a month (they had lived on his father’s income of $200 a month), but not helping with our bills.  I later learned his plan all along was to let me pay our bills and support him completely here in the US while he sent all his money back to Morocco to buy a house then go back there.  

I borrowed from my retirement to be able to bring him here.  The loan payment was $960 a month. From the very beginning he promised to pay back all the money it took to bring him here.  This put me further behind because I couldn’t cover monthly bills. I still may lose my house. 

Once he got his job he started talking about moving out.  But he wanted me to let him live with me, in the spare room, until he saved some money.  Durning that time he said he wasn’t paying anything back.  That’s when I fully realized what a fool I was.  

Timeline

One more update.  A woman who met him through his job told me he scammed her out of money also.  They stated talking (while we were still married, but after he moved out).  He was very attentive and flattering to her.  After just a couple of months he told her his “business partner” had frozen his accounts. He said a family member was very sick and he needed to return to Morocco.  She loaned him thousands of dollars in several different transfers because his story kept changing.  He never went back to Morocco, I confirmed with his work.  He never paid her back.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.