442 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so I just hit my 62 days after NOA. I'm a paper filer I don't know when i'm in line for interview. We are now stationed here in Germany so I have no idea of the processing times of NBC Lee's Summit, MO (listed on my NOA) or Frankfurt field office (Which I requested for Interview). I called the USCIS Mil Hotline, they said " after a review of your application the background checks are pending and if USCIS needs anything from you a request for evidence will be sent" .  Any idea how long does it take for background check?  I received my 10yrs GC only this January 2018... hoping my biometrics then is still good because when I submitted my N-400, we are only required for Fingerprint cards (FD258).  Hoping I won't get stuck. 

4 hours ago, gypsysoul said:

Hi guys, so I just hit my 62 days after NOA. I'm a paper filer I don't know when i'm in line for interview. We are now stationed here in Germany so I have no idea of the processing times of NBC Lee's Summit, MO (listed on my NOA) or Frankfurt field office (Which I requested for Interview). I called the USCIS Mil Hotline, they said " after a review of your application the background checks are pending and if USCIS needs anything from you a request for evidence will be sent" .  Any idea how long does it take for background check?  I received my 10yrs GC only this January 2018... hoping my biometrics then is still good because when I submitted my N-400, we are only required for Fingerprint cards (FD258).  Hoping I won't get stuck. 

Nobody knows. For my situation, even for the same local field office and 1 day difference of biometrics appointment,  some people got interview scheduled within 2 weeks and some people have to wait for over a month. I have a clean background and not a common name. So, really not sure how they are doing this background check.

1 hour ago, lemongreentea said:

Nobody knows. For my situation, even for the same local field office and 1 day difference of biometrics appointment,  some people got interview scheduled within 2 weeks and some people have to wait for over a month. I have a clean background and not a common name. So, really not sure how they are doing this background check.

You also have to factor in what country you are from.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys,

Just today I got an update on the tracker and once I checked the USCIS website for the case status and it said, "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information." 

Anyone else got this update? Seems crazy

8 minutes ago, Kamsme said:

Hello guys,

Just today I got an update on the tracker and once I checked the USCIS website for the case status and it said, "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information." 

I also got the same message and I am already in line for a call back from a tier 2 officer, will update once I get the call back and possible answer from that. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kamsme said:

Hello guys,

Today, many VJ members have mentioned that they have the same issue.

It seems like a kind of a system glitch.

2 minutes ago, Dann_tgh said:

I also got the same message and I am already in line for a call back from a tier 2 officer, will update once I get the call back and possible answer from that. 

Yes, please update us when you get an answer, thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My Case: N-400, based on 5 year PR, 90 days early.

Filed May 1 2018, Online.

Fingerprint notice May 5 2018

FP Completed May 10 2018

Interview notice July 11 2018

Interview Date Aug 14 2018

GC based on EB3 green card.

Service Center San Bernardino, CA

On 7/25/2018 at 2:27 PM, Dann_tgh said:

What did the Tier 2 tell you. I was connected with a Tier 2 today. Not a nice one and was impatient. Told me that I have been updating my phone number and address 20 times on my dhs account(total bs) and my case is pending which is why it's not showing any information. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Eritrea
Timeline

Hello guys, today I received my interview notice, finally lol. 

I updated the spreadsheet. Goodluck, everyone! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRXPJXGNip4bFIDoUE3PyCtguHqwmN_ExuJhSmXoves/edit#gid=0

On 7/26/2018 at 7:47 AM, kt1977 said:

Hi Everyone,

FP Completed May 10 2018

This is great news. Congrats. Also can you update the tracking sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRXPJXGNip4bFIDoUE3PyCtguHqwmN_ExuJhSmXoves/edit#gid=0

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 7:47 AM, kt1977 said:

Hi Everyone,

FP Completed May 10 2018

Congrats!  It is good to see updates from members regarding N400 updates.  My wife has been studying and really anxious for the interview to be scheduled so she can get over it.

Hey Group, 

I just got home from my passport stamp appointment since my I-751 is still pending, everyone from the security to front desk and Agent who assisted me were incredibly nice helpful, the agent (IO) took plenty of time to go through both my I-751 and N-400 he told me my I-751 is currently and the NBC center since I submitted N-400, he called a colleague to get a second thought on something he saw but it was because I have traveled a lot abroad but nothing to worry about. He stamped my passport for 1 year and let me keep my expired green card (since he said interviewers like to see the actual green card) he then said once they get the file there (local office) they will go ahead and schedule a combined interview for both I-751 and N-400, he then looked again at the statues in a different system I guess and he even said you will hear soon from your N-400 and winked his eye  (it seems he liked us, I know if by being a Gay couple Helps lol) he said anytime time this week or even today you will be notified of an action taken on your case. 

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone going to the local offices get a smooth and nice experience just like I did have. 

1 hour ago, Dann_tgh said:

Hey Group, 

I just got home from my passport stamp appointment since my I-751 is still pending, everyone from the security to front desk and Agent who assisted me were incredibly nice helpful, the agent (IO) took plenty of time to go through both my I-751 and N-400 he told me my I-751 is currently and the NBC center since I submitted N-400, he called a colleague to get a second thought on something he saw but it was because I have traveled a lot abroad but nothing to worry about. He stamped my passport for 1 year and let me keep my expired green card (since he said interviewers like to see the actual green card) he then said once they get the file there (local office) they will go ahead and schedule a combined interview for both I-751 and N-400, he then looked again at the statues in a different system I guess and he even said you will hear soon from your N-400 and winked his eye  (it seems he liked us, I know if by being a Gay couple Helps lol) he said anytime time this week or even today you will be notified of an action taken on your case. 

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone going to the local offices get a smooth and nice experience just like I did have. 

really? i thought gay couple would get silent treatment more,  oh boy,  i am deadly wrong on this:D

So I sent an email to enquire re my case status. Can anyone enlighten me with their response 🤔 

“Your application is currently resolving preprocessing checks.  Additionally, your application will have to be taken from the current system it is in and re-created into a paper application due to not fault of your own.  It is due to the electronic application system is not supported overseas.  Once your application has been converted, you will be contacted by someone from USCIS, the National Benefits Center, in Lee’s Summit, MO to get the remainder of your application taken care of.”

4 minutes ago, gypsysoul said:

So I sent an email to enquire re my case status. Can anyone enlighten me with their response 🤔 

“Your application is currently resolving preprocessing checks.  Additionally, your application will have to be taken from the current system it is in and re-created into a paper application due to not fault of your own.  It is due to the electronic application system is not supported overseas.  Once your application has been converted, you will be contacted by someone from USCIS, the National Benefits Center, in Lee’s Summit, MO to get the remainder of your application taken care of.”

you are not in the states? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.