1,901 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, skyzee said:

PIVOT acronym:

P ain 

I nvolving 

V olumes

O f 

T ime

The waiting just never !@#$%ing ends. Hope I can rely on the good-will of some CBP officer taking pity on me when attempting to cross the border on Saturday so I can take my mind off this !@#$ for a week.

@skyzee they haven’t received your documents yet ? I got weird email Tuesday so far nothing has changed. Everything is the same 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, skyzee said:

PIVOT acronym:

P ain 

I nvolving 

V olumes

O f 

T ime

The waiting just never !@#$%ing ends. Hope I can rely on the good-will of some CBP officer taking pity on me when attempting to cross the border on Saturday so I can take my mind off this !@#$ for a week.

When I flew this time I had absolutely anything and everything I could think of as back up. I usually get a mini grilling as soon as I mention husband and now the paperwork is further along. Mention your wife has PR! They never question me further after I say that! This time however...the man barely looks at me and says, anything to declare (weirdo inside me wants to yell 'i love my husband!' hahah) .."no, sir"..waves me like gtfo and hands me my stuff. Ty! Start the car! Haha I hope you get cc on your trip and you guys can celebrate!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, jt96 said:

@skyzee they haven’t received your documents yet ? I got weird email Tuesday so far nothing has changed. Everything is the same 

Oh I'm sure they've "received" documents, or rather that it's stored in a black hole of 0's and 1's shared with thousands of other hopefuls.

I think the email that you got was an anomaly. Is this email that you received independent of the DS-260 submission confirmation email?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kendraf said:

When I flew this time I had absolutely anything and everything I could think of as back up. I usually get a mini grilling as soon as I mention husband and now the paperwork is further along. Mention your wife has PR! They never question me further after I say that! This time however...the man barely looks at me and says, anything to declare (weirdo inside me wants to yell 'i love my husband!' hahah) .."no, sir"..waves me like gtfo and hands me my stuff. Ty! Start the car! Haha I hope you get cc on your trip and you guys can celebrate!!

Well, I have Nexus and I've still been extremely paranoid everytime I've crossed ever since filing the I-130. Have been avoiding it like the plague unless visiting wife. Too bad, I've really been missing Washington/Oregon for the past year. Vancouver outdoors sucks by comparison, so hard to find any spots in nature that aren't filled to the brim with people.

20 minutes ago, skyzee said:

Oh I'm sure they've "received" documents, or rather that it's stored in a black hole of 0's and 1's shared with thousands of other hopefuls.

I think the email that you got was an anomaly. Is this email that you received independent of the DS-260 submission confirmation email?

oh sorry I meant reviewed not received. yea, I got the DS-260 confirmation email on Monday when I submitted it,  and then on Tuesday I got another email, the subject line was ( notice regarding your immigrant visa case).

Timeline
18 minutes ago, skyzee said:

Well, I have Nexus and I've still been extremely paranoid everytime I've crossed ever since filing the I-130. Have been avoiding it like the plague unless visiting wife. Too bad, I've really been missing Washington/Oregon for the past year. Vancouver outdoors sucks by comparison, so hard to find any spots in nature that aren't filled to the brim with people.

I feel that too...Colorado vs. Banff hahaha it is just so different. I was paranoid af ..we even put off filing because of a wedding we were attending in Florida ...but I have never had a problem. I cross monthly so I am not sure if that makes a difference by now...they see I come for a few days/week every 3-6 weeks..

1 minute ago, kendraf said:

I feel that too...Colorado vs. Banff hahaha it is just so different. I was paranoid af ..we even put off filing because of a wedding we were attending in Florida ...but I have never had a problem. I cross monthly so I am not sure if that makes a difference by now...they see I come for a few days/week every 3-6 weeks..

well imagine my case where I have to travel like 10 hour flights and I do that quite often and every time I get grilled over my traveling patterns. but lately they don't say anything at the airport,

Timeline
Just now, jt96 said:

well imagine my case where I have to travel like 10 hour flights and I do that quite often and every time I get grilled over my traveling patterns. but lately they don't say anything at the airport,

Oh that is long!! We do drive sometimes and meet in the middle which is 9ish but usually I have a 2 hour flight and I am sooo grateful customs is in my airport so I would know right away. I have seen some YouTube videos about people flying from overseas and getting turned back. That would be the worst. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, jesserz said:

Oh well it's possible London has made the switch. As other embassies are switching constantly. I've just been using the state.gov website. And, well, what I've heard others say for the rest.

But things change.

image.png

could you send me the url? it seems that paris (PRS) is not pivot then... :(

2 minutes ago, kendraf said:

Oh that is long!! We do drive sometimes and meet in the middle which is 9ish but usually I have a 2 hour flight and I am sooo grateful customs is in my airport so I would know right away. I have seen some YouTube videos about people flying from overseas and getting turned back. That would be the worst. 

yea I don't know where they would send me back, this is my home country haha. like last time they had a big fit about why don't have any luggage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Anna Rock said:

Well, I saved that picture a while ago, and it used to be on this page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Going there now, I see that it is missing. (It was right under "method 1") I guess this is because of the "new system" and how more embassies are making the switch. Sorry to say that I have no clue about the Paris embassy. Je suis desolée! :(

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, kendraf said:

Banff is beautiful. The people polluting it, not so much. For a country the fraction the population of the US has, it sure is difficult to find open space anywhere here and I'm not entirely sure why. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, skyzee said:

Banff is beautiful. The people polluting it, not so much. For a country the fraction the population of the US has, it sure is difficult to find open space anywhere here and I'm not entirely sure why. 

I recommend 'alltrails' app and it tells you how populated the trail is! I have found some super lovely escape places this way! Haha (off topic)

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Anna Rock said:

Trust me, you're better off not being PIVOT if that's true that Paris is non-pivot. Non-pivots are moving what seems to be a month faster than PIVOT cases. I do think Paris is PIVOT though, I seem to recall another from France going through the same pain. The list on their website isn't exhaustive since they've been switching a bunch of embassies to PIVOT.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, jt96 said:

yea I don't know where they would send me back, this is my home country haha. like last time they had a big fit about why don't have any luggage.

That should be a good sign!! Lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.