1,901 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the London Embassy is pivot? We received our case number yesterday and it is assigned to the Abu Dhabi Embassy, which is pivot, even though I have contacted NVC several times to tell them that we have moved to the UK. I am so worried that we've waited all this time for a case number (NVC originally received our petition on Feb 26, 2018) and now we're going to have to wait even longer if the embassy in London is still mail processing. Ready for this journey to be over...it's been 426 days since we submitted our I-130!

7 hours ago, alloy-K said:

Proof of US Status: US Passport and/or Birth Certificate, or whatever documents needed to prove petitioner's US Status.

Proof of Domicile: Not Applicable if he has been living full time in the US. (I think. Double check, though)

Petitioner Civil Documents: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificates, Divorce documents, etc... (Might not be applicable in your case. Double check).

Other supporting documents might not be required, but may include proof of relationships, and any other documents that may, or may not be required but may help your case.

Don't rely on my response, though. I think other are more knowledgeable than I about these things.

Thank You 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

How long time does it usually take for https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw== to not show Action required: Submit requested documents ?

We submitted documents yesterday morning and on https://ceac.state.gov/IV it says paid and submitted on everything, so I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, LandK said:

Does anyone know if the London Embassy is pivot? We received our case number yesterday and it is assigned to the Abu Dhabi Embassy, which is pivot, even though I have contacted NVC several times to tell them that we have moved to the UK. I am so worried that we've waited all this time for a case number (NVC originally received our petition on Feb 26, 2018) and now we're going to have to wait even longer if the embassy in London is still mail processing. Ready for this journey to be over...it's been 426 days since we submitted our I-130!

I feel like I've seen that the UK isn't pivot. I remember because I thought it was strange as I felt like the UK would be pivot because I feel like they would be one of the first countries to change to new technology. But I'm not a 100% sure, and they might've switched over like a lot of other countries. I would just call NVC and ask. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi guys do you know how long it would take after CC to get an interview? like what could be the minimum and the maximum? Just trying to do some calculations to quit job^^

1 hour ago, Norway said:

How long time does it usually take for https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw== to not show Action required: Submit requested documents ?

We submitted documents yesterday morning and on https://ceac.state.gov/IV it says paid and submitted on everything, so I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong?

Until u get a case complete which is when it will switch to “At NVC”..don’t worry:D

15 minutes ago, Anna Rock said:

Hi guys do you know how long it would take after CC to get an interview? like what could be the minimum and the maximum? Just trying to do some calculations to quit job^^

Go to the Case Complete to Interview thread...on the first post, there is a file with dates from VJ members. Search for your embassy and you should get a pretty good idea on how long it will take.

Timeline
1 minute ago, aywang said:

Until u get a case complete which is when it will switch to “At NVC”..don’t worry:D

Great! I was hoping something like that! This whole process is just making me very neurotic :blink: Thanks a lot!

2 minutes ago, Norway said:

Great! I was hoping something like that! This whole process is just making me very neurotic :blink: Thanks a lot!

Completely understand...my hubbie now has an interview date, but I am still neurotic...thinking about all the possibilities about where it can go wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, LandK said:

They won't change a single thing until you get that first case number. I wrote them the same email every 4 days for 8 weeks to get my case number changed and just kept hearing "We have your files in the building, but there's nothing we can do." I had to wait to get the wrong case number. 

Also, no, London is not PIVOT, just as Norway (the user, not the country) suspected. :(

426 days is so long! I wish you a speedy rest of your journey!

Edited by jesserz

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Blueberry23 said:

Hi guys, 

Any idea if US Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE is Pivot or non pivot? 

Thanks! ☺️

Yes, it is.

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

1 hour ago, jesserz said:

They won't change a single thing until you get that first case number. I wrote them the same email every 4 days for 8 weeks to get my case number changed and just kept hearing "We have your files in the building, but there's nothing we can do." I had to wait to get the wrong case number. 

Also, no, London is not PIVOT, just as Norway (the user, not the country) suspected. :(

426 days is so long! I wish you a speedy rest of your journey!

Thanks! Just curious how you know which embassies are PIVOT? Since posting, I went back through this forum and saw that someone said they’re a London PIVOT case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.