1,901 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2018 at 1:32 AM, Naat7 said:

Nvc received mine on April 11th seems like the case is “pivot” still waiting for the number 

when did they receive yours ?

on the site it shows NVC sent april 13th and when I called NVC they said it was received april 23rd. I think since our case is pivot we might have few extra weeks to wait for case number but after that the online process is faster..at least thats what the lady said when I called NVC. fingers crossed 

NOA 2: March 28

Sent to DOS: April 12

The status on my USCIS account still says sent to DOS. I called NVC to find out if they recieved my case and the man said give us up to 6 weeks to receive your case!? It’s been 1 month since it was sent to NVC. I’m confused. Is there anyone else whose documents were sent on April 12? 

2 hours ago, Fh0922 said:

The status on my USCIS account still says sent to DOS. I called NVC to find out if they recieved my case and the man said give us up to 6 weeks to receive your case!? It’s been 1 month since it was sent to NVC. I’m confused. Is there anyone else whose documents were sent on April 12? 

NVC received mine on April 11. I was told it will take 8 weeks before I get a case number. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fh0922 said:

That’s what im confused about they said they didn’t receive my case yet. And my status still didn’t change. 

Ouch, that's unlucky. Most take about a week after the status on USCIS website changes to "Sent to DOS" for the NVC to acknowledge that they've received it on the phone. I remember reading somewhere that if this happens, it might be worth asking for a supervisor at USCIS to confirm that they've sent it, although if the status on the USCIS site changed, they probably did. Unfortunately though, I think you might be stuck waiting out the 6 weeks they've quoted, but you could also ask to speak to a supervisor at the NVC as well. Sorry this is happening to you, I hope that at minimum, they'll expedite the case number assignment for you because that's a living nightmare wait in itself.

2 hours ago, Sara3 said:

on the site it shows NVC sent april 13th and when I called NVC they said it was received april 23rd. I think since our case is pivot we might have few extra weeks to wait for case number but after that the online process is faster..at least thats what the lady said when I called NVC. fingers crossed 

I was received my case number after waiting for 8 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Fh0922 said:

Nvc should have received your approved petition from USCIS. Call back to ask when they received your case

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fh0922 said:

me too. i am still waiting   from 12 April and nothing until now 

9 hours ago, Fh0922 said:

That’s what im confused about they said they didn’t receive my case yet. And my status still didn’t change. 

Call USCIS and ask them when it was sent.   NVC received my case within a few days after USCIS approved. Good luck. Hopefully it’s a small hiccup 🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I was wondering if anybody with mail processing got their CC recently? I am just trying to get a rough idea about how long it takes to the nvc to review the financial/supporting documents these days.

1 hour ago, Mv&Sh said:

Hello everybody!

I was wondering if anybody with mail processing got their CC recently? I am just trying to get a rough idea about how long it takes to the nvc to review the financial/supporting documents these days.

When did NVC receive your documents? 

IR-1 - Nebraska Service Center - Embassy - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

• 08/08/2017 - Sent I-130 Application
  • 08/11/2017 - I-130 Accepted
  • 08/11/2017 -  NOA-1 via Email
  • 02/28/2018 - I-130 Approved
  • 03/06/2018 - Case Sent to NVC
  • 03/14/2018 - Package Received By NVC
  • 04/21/2018 - Case Assigned & Invoice ID
  • 04/24/2018 - Filed DS 261
  • 04/26/2018 - Welcome Letter Received
  • 04/30/2018 - AOS fee status - PAID
  • 05/01/2018 - IV fee status - PAID
  • 05/02/2018 - Completed DS-260
  • 05/07/2018 - Documents Mailed to NVC
  • 05/10/2018 - NVC Received Documents ( SD )
  • 05/15/2018 - Case Completed - ( CC )
  • 06/01/2018 - Interview Schedule For 07/08/2018
  • 07/08/2018 - VISA APPROVED

___________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.