dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2018

1,176 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, R&OC said:

Dear all,

we are waiting for a cc - hopefully not a checklist. We didnt recently see any cc's between May 4th onwards for pivot cases. Are there any we are not aware of? Please share with us...

I think as the last 10 days of the month is nearing, we should start hearing about CCs especially for PIVOT cases. And Interview schedule won't get delayed hopefully too. 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

So my husband had his interview this morning...everything went well but they want us to upload mine & our sponsors 2017 tax forms. I was so hoping to just be done :(

I sent all of our tax info to NVC at the end of March, with the 2016 tax forms since my parents hadn't filed their 2017 taxes yet. However, I sent my husband with copies of all of our 2017 tax forms along with 1099s & pension/retirement statements, to the interview!! I don't know why they couldn't just take them. They handed them back & said to upload them...then send an email to them saying we uploaded them...and then they'll process his visa & we should receive it within 3-5 business days. So, I guess he's approved, but not officially until we complete this step. Ugh, I just wanted to say YAY he's approved! But of course more tortuous waiting. I know it shouldn't take long to complete since I have everything, but just a little disappointing.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Peachess said:

Yaaayyy!!! I got approved this morning at LAGOS embassy. 

It went very well. The only "but" was the waiting time, got there at 6:20am for a 6:30am interview, went through all the security checks,biometrics, etc. And had my interview at about 8:30am.. the interview by itself wasn't up to 5 mins.

I took the oath.. Questions asked-

How long was your husband in Nigeria before he went back?

When did u guys meet?

How did u meet and where?

Has he been married before?

So he divorced his wife in Nigeria?

Have u ever been married?

What does ur husband do?

When did u get married?

Do u have any photos of your wedding?

(I brought out the album and she asked me to open it and flip through, I flipped just about 3 pages, she asked who were in the photos, asked if we were married in church and if we had a traditional marriage)

Your visa has been approved!!

Make sure u pay the green card fee before u travel, read about your rights in the US, pick up your passport when it's ready.

I'm so happy this journey is finally over.. thanks to you all at vj for being a great support system.. and good luck to everyone else still waiting.

Congratulations!! Just curious...did you submit 2017 tax forms to NVC?

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Peachess said:

It went very well. The only "but" was the waiting time, got there at 6:20am for a 6:30am interview, went through all the security checks,biometrics, etc. And had my interview at about 8:30am.. the interview by itself wasn't up to 5 mins.

When did u guys meet?

What does ur husband do?

When did u get married?

(I brought out the album and she asked me to open it and flip through, I flipped just about 3 pages, she asked who were in the photos, asked if we were married in church and if we had a traditional marriage)

Make sure u pay the green card fee before u travel, read about your rights in the US, pick up your passport when it's ready.

I'm so happy this journey is finally over.. thanks to you all at vj for being a great support system.. and good luck to everyone else still waiting.

Yessssssss! Been refreshing my screen waiting for your good news!!! Congrats!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Congratulations!! Just curious...did you submit 2017 tax forms to NVC?

Thanks. No I didn't, and they didn't even ask about it at my interview. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lyn & Lan said:

Yessssssss! Been refreshing my screen waiting for your good news!!! Congrats!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I'm so happy. Yours is Going to be smooth and easy!!

Timeline
19 hours ago, CA1515 said:

The police certificate that they ask for and need to bring to our interview, is it just the one from our home country or do we also need one from here in the US?

From home country any other country you have stayed for more than 6 months. PCC is needed from all those countries

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Peachess said:

When did u guys meet?

What does ur husband do?

When did u get married?

Congratulations!! finally this process is over 

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 4.39.38 PM.png

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Peachess said:

Thanks. No I didn't, and they didn't even ask about it at my interview. 

I'm so frustrated!! I can't believe this...I'm so over this whole process. Just when I thought I was done with all the scanning & uploading bullsh*t, we have to deal with this! I just wanted to be able to celebrate & now it's like we have no clue when we'll receive his passport. I mean, they made it sound like it won't take long...but there's no definite answer & that's what's killing me.

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Peachess said:

When did u guys meet?

What does ur husband do?

When did u get married?

Woow congratualation

Timeline
1 hour ago, Peachess said:

When did u guys meet?

What does ur husband do?

When did u get married?

Congratulations once again dearie. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

I'm so frustrated!! I can't believe this...I'm so over this whole process. Just when I thought I was done with all the scanning & uploading bullsh*t, we have to deal with this! I just wanted to be able to celebrate & now it's like we have no clue when we'll receive his passport. I mean, they made it sound like it won't take long...but there's no definite answer & that's what's killing me.

Just relax, u r almost there. The sooner you send it, the sooner you receive your passport.. you r already approved, that's what matters. U may get it even before the estimated 3-5 business days. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Pooh23 said:

Congratulations!! finally this process is over 

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 4.39.38 PM.png

Thanks a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Abies said:

Congratulations once again dearie. 

Thanks love. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.