J Laredo

Appoint wait time in CDJ Mexico?

306 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Correct me if I'm wrong but I gather from reading the forums that K1 filers are given access to a website to schedule an appointment date. Whereas Cr1/Ir1 filers are assigned an appointment date.   There is only a viewable appointment calendar if you are K1.   What are you filing Fel1993?

I'm IR1 waiting for an appointment since August 2018.

8 minutes ago, Adamaj123 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I gather from reading the forums that K1 filers are given access to a website to schedule an appointment date. Whereas Cr1/Ir1 filers are assigned an appointment date.   There is only a viewable appointment calendar if you are K1.   What are you filing Fel1993?

I'm IR1 waiting for an appointment since August 2018.

I am also IR1 :( my husband’s father is dying of cancer in Mexico. My husband has been in the US since he was two so going to see his father means he’d be stuck there. So this wait game is causing anxiety!! Hoping you hear something soon! Do you know if the priority date makes a difference in how soon you get the appointment or just the cc?

Quick question, it maybe off topic but I ask for help please. I’m waiting for interview at Juarez but I’m wondering if my husband would be asked a waiver since he only attempted to try to come illegally but didn’t make it, it’s been 6 years never been in the US and has a clean record. He’s been living in Mexico his whole life. He tried to get a visitor visa and they told him to come back after 3 years that was in 2015. 

Edited by Anaeve

2 hours ago, Adamaj123 said:

If he is not in the USA he does not need a I601a waiver.

Thank you ! I got worried that they’ll ask him for one at his interview since he only only attempted to come over.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, Anaeve said:

Quick question, it maybe off topic but I ask for help please. I’m waiting for interview at Juarez but I’m wondering if my husband would be asked a waiver since he only attempted to try to come illegally but didn’t make it, it’s been 6 years never been in the US and has a clean record. He’s been living in Mexico his whole life. He tried to get a visitor visa and they told him to come back after 3 years that was in 2015. 

The other person telling you he does not need a wavier is misinforming you , You need to make sure to contact a professional on this matter. 

If your husband crossed illegally and was caught or there is documentation of so it is super important to make sure he is completely honest or will get denied. 

Your husband might not need a specific wavier  like a 601A ( Which allows a 10 year banned to be wavied) however a different one might apply.  It is always better to input some time now rather then later being upset because you missed something. 

BEST WISHES

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We are about to send our documents to NVC, from what I read, appts are taking 7-8 months after CC (case closed) am I correct? if we lucky our case may closed in the middle of June , should I expect my appmt date for some time in January  - February next year ? 😒 TIA .

Timeline
10 hours ago, Urias said:

We are about to send our documents to NVC, from what I read, appts are taking 7-8 months after CC (case closed) am I correct? if we lucky our case may closed in the middle of June , should I expect my appmt date for some time in January  - February next year ? 😒 TIA .

Hello! You are correct on the past days NVC send appoints to people whose CC was August, September and some October 2018, but they skipped some cases.

We just completed our NVC stage and we hope that with the “new system” they move faster.

Also, for us the NVC stage was super fast, so let me know if we can help you with some advice.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, AnaCarolina said:

Hello! You are correct on the past days NVC send appoints to people whose CC was August, September and some October 2018, but they skipped some cases.

We just completed our NVC stage and we hope that with the “new system” they move faster.

Also, for us the NVC stage was super fast, so let me know if we can help you with some advice.

New to this group but reading your comment. What "new System" are you referring to. I am currently working on my husband DS260. hope to have it all ready to send in by the end of the month. Just thought  I would ask what your are referring too.

Timeline

This week NVC gave appointments for some people with CC in October, November and even January 😮 

They skipped some September cases but apparently, they are moving faster than before :D

18 minutes ago, mariflor said:

New to this group but reading your comment. What "new System" are you referring to. I am currently working on my husband DS260. hope to have it all ready to send in by the end of the month. Just thought  I would ask what your are referring too.

This week NVC gave appointments for some people with CC in October, November and even January 😮 

They skipped some September cases but apparently, they are moving faster than before :D

Timeline
2 hours ago, AnaCarolina said:

Where can you see what month they are on our cc was October 14 2018 and we still haven’t heard from them😕

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.