Irisandjoel

EAD expedite request, when to expect a response?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hey, sorry I am posting this most likely not in the correct place but I couldn't find the subforums for this, this site confuses me often.

I am on my 178th day waiting for my EAD and I received expedite instructions almost 2 weeks ago and faxed in my documents the day after. Does anyone know when I can expect a response from them with their decision? Does it takes weeks and weeks? 

And according to my online account they have mailed me two letters with response to 2/4 service requests I've made, the first one was mailed April 10th and the other April 19th, I still haven't received anything in the mail.. Strange since my expedite instructions were mailed April 11th and got here April 16th. My address is up to date and a USCIS agent on the phone told me it takes the postal service up to 30 days to deliver letters... lolwhut?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

Strange since my expedite instructions were mailed April 11th and got here April 16th. My address is up to date and a USCIS agent on the phone told me it takes the postal service up to 30 days to deliver letters... lolwhut?

If you haven't signed up with USPS you should.  Simple account, and you then get "informed delivery" which is an email with scanned images of all your 1st class mail (and some junk mail).  What is nice about that is that you KNOW you are supposed to get some letter, and if it is not in your mail box that day, give it a day or two and if you still did not get it, you can file a complaint or contact the sender that you did not get that piece of mail.  Bottom line, if you don't know what is "supposed" to be delivered, you won't know if it got lost and undelivered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to AOS  from K1/K3, from K1 P&P~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
On 4/29/2018 at 10:57 AM, Highmystic said:

If you haven't signed up with USPS you should.  Simple account, and you then get "informed delivery" which is an email with scanned images of all your 1st class mail (and some junk mail).  What is nice about that is that you KNOW you are supposed to get some letter, and if it is not in your mail box that day, give it a day or two and if you still did not get it, you can file a complaint or contact the sender that you did not get that piece of mail.  Bottom line, if you don't know what is "supposed" to be delivered, you won't know if it got lost and undelivered.

Nice, thanks, been meaning to do that but keep forgetting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 4/29/2018 at 8:24 AM, Irisandjoel said:

Hey, sorry I am posting this most likely not in the correct place but I couldn't find the subforums for this, this site confuses me often.

I am on my 178th day waiting for my EAD and I received expedite instructions almost 2 weeks ago and faxed in my documents the day after. Does anyone know when I can expect a response from them with their decision? Does it takes weeks and weeks? 

And according to my online account they have mailed me two letters with response to 2/4 service requests I've made, the first one was mailed April 10th and the other April 19th, I still haven't received anything in the mail.. Strange since my expedite instructions were mailed April 11th and got here April 16th. My address is up to date and a USCIS agent on the phone told me it takes the postal service up to 30 days to deliver letters... lolwhut?

Hi, i didn't reciv my EAD until now too. I filed Nov. last year. I did a service request twice after 90 days and they responded after almost a month i think. Then after a week, they sent me an RFE for my hubby's recent income tax return. So i sent them a copy and they received it on Apr. 24. I checked my status after a week and it was changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'. I was expecting for them to approve my EAD but now im scheduled for interview already. I mean, still waiting for the mail of the interview appointment. 

Timeline
On 5/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, Smooch-Esther said:

Hi, i didn't reciv my EAD until now too. I filed Nov. last year. I did a service request twice after 90 days and they responded after almost a month i think. Then after a week, they sent me an RFE for my hubby's recent income tax return. So i sent them a copy and they received it on Apr. 24. I checked my status after a week and it was changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'. I was expecting for them to approve my EAD but now im scheduled for interview already. I mean, still waiting for the mail of the interview appointment. 

Hey, very similar situation here, RFIE in December. I just contacted my senator's office again last week and they emailed me today with USCIS's response that my I-485 is pending until my background check is done and my I-765 is assigned to an officer. I just got a text tonight that my I-484 was updated to "ready to be scheduled for interview". I'd preferred that it was the work permit being updated, but at least things are moving! Now I just hope I get my interview scheduled soon.. it may take a while.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

Hey, very similar situation here, RFIE in December. I just contacted my senator's office again last week and they emailed me today with USCIS's response that my I-485 is pending until my background check is done and my I-765 is assigned to an officer. I just got a text tonight that my I-484 was updated to "ready to be scheduled for interview". I'd preferred that it was the work permit being updated, but at least things are moving! Now I just hope I get my interview scheduled soon.. it may take a while.

Good to know we both just waiting for interview schedule now. 😊 but just wait for another week. They might change your EAD status to 'new card being produced'. Coz my AOS stat online was changed to 'case is ready...' on May 2 and just yesterday, my EAD stat was changed to 'new card being produced' and i just have to wait for them to mail it. I feel better that my EAD will arrive soon. At least i can work already while waiting for the interview schedule. Hope you'll get yours too. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Smooch-Esther said:

Good to know we both just waiting for interview schedule now. 😊 but just wait for another week. They might change your EAD status to 'new card being produced'. Coz my AOS stat online was changed to 'case is ready...' on May 2 and just yesterday, my EAD stat was changed to 'new card being produced' and i just have to wait for them to mail it. I feel better that my EAD will arrive soon. At least i can work already while waiting for the interview schedule. Hope you'll get yours too. 

That's great to hear, hopefully mine does too soon! Finally I have some hope, I have been so super stressed out and anxious for the past few weeks, was starting to think I was never gonna get any updates.. I just wish there were timelines for the interview scheduling to give you some kind of an idea.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

That's great to hear, hopefully mine does too soon! Finally I have some hope, I have been so super stressed out and anxious for the past few weeks, was starting to think I was never gonna get any updates.. I just wish there were timelines for the interview scheduling to give you some kind of an idea.

We cant really tell when they will schedule us. But its kinda unfair coz the January 2018 applicants online got their GC in 3 months time or less. I dont know how they can skip the pending ones and just approve the new ones just like that. 

Timeline
Just now, Smooch-Esther said:

We cant really tell when they will schedule us. But its kinda unfair coz the January 2018 applicants online got their GC in 3 months time or less. I dont know how they can skip the pending ones and just approve the new ones just like that. 

Yeah it's frustrating how they seem to pick and choose.. they work in mysterious ways

Hello, please help me. I applied for the EAD in october and I didnt get anything, maybe because I got a RFIE for the I-485 but even that I sent back in december. so its been like 150 days and nothing, I filled an expedite in april and still nothing, can you please tell me if there is any hope.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, kiim said:

Hello, please help me. I applied for the EAD in october and I didnt get anything, maybe because I got a RFIE for the I-485 but even that I sent back in december. so its been like 150 days and nothing, I filled an expedite in april and still nothing, can you please tell me if there is any hope.

Nobody can really tell my dear. Its in their hands. Mine was almost 180 days before I get a positive reply from them. I got an RFE last month too and i replied to them and they received it Apr. 24 then after a week, my AOS status was changed to case is ready and for interview schedule then after a week again, my EAD status changed to 'new card is being produced and they'll just mail it. So im just waiting for it now. 

Just do service request. Thats what I did after 90 days. I did two service request. They only replied after the second one. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kiim said:

when did you first apply?

I applied my AOS + EAD with SSN + AP November 6 last year. After my biometrics on Dec 6, i didnt hear any update from them anymore. So after 90 days around Feb, i did service request online for my EAD. After a week, i sent again another service request. Then they replied after a month and sent me a mail that my service request was processed already. Then around April they sent me an RFE. Then i replied after a week then thats it. Now my case is ready. But i'm still puzzled with my EAD status coz it says 'New card is being produced'. It didnt say approve. They will mail it to me though so i'll just wait and see then. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.