Life_love

ATL Field office Filers?

614 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

I just got a  message on my USCIS account that my file is indeed at the Atlanta office. They have put in a file request. so, here's hoping i get an interview date soon. 

Thanks for the update and that's great. Hopefully yours get scheduled soon. Still waiting here - 7 months and counting :-(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sunny111 said:

Thanks for the update and that's great. Hopefully yours get scheduled soon. Still waiting here - 7 months and counting 😞

Thank you!  I am going in my 18th month since filing...so fingers crossed. 

• 4 weeks later...

I requested name change during my interview back in August (i did also put the name change request within the N-400 application) and still waiting for the ceremony to be scheduled. I just got mail from USCIS that i may elect to withdraw name change and attend administrative ceremony at USCIS office. Has anyone else got such mail before? Anyone else in similar situation as me?

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

20 months after my filing,  I finally have an interview date!   March 5, 2020!  I am so excited, is there anyone that has done an interview at the Atlanta office within the last 6 months that could give me some feedback?

Was there a same day oath option if approved etc....

39 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

Hi Everyone!

20 months after my filing,  I finally have an interview date!   March 5, 2020!  I am so excited, is there anyone that has done an interview at the Atlanta office within the last 6 months that could give me some feedback?

Congratulations! Looks like all March filers are getting interviews. Mine got scheduled for March 29th - applied March 22, 2021. Would be great to hear some feedback from folks who have interviewed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 8:26 AM, STurcotte77 said:

Hi Everyone!

Hi

Could you please post any interview experience after you’ve done? I have an upcoming interview on Apr 2, which it’s Saturday afternoon. Kinda weird 😅

I appreciate it!!!

Timeline
8 hours ago, natalie417 said:

Hi

Could you please post any interview experience after you’ve done? I have an upcoming interview on Apr 2, which it’s Saturday afternoon. Kinda weird 😅

I appreciate it!!!

Hi!  I will absolutely do so.  I am excited and only just a tiny bit nervous, but so happy it's finally here.   

Timeline

That’s it! I’m a U.S. Citizen! 

Filed: May 15,2020- Atlanta, GA Based on 5yr. 
Bio Reuse: Jan 20,2021
Congresswoman Contacted : 1/27/2022
FOIA: 1/12/2022
Interview Date received: 1/31/2022
Interview Date: March 5, 2022
Oath Ceremony: March 5,2022

I had my interview this morning at 7:30.  Check in process was very quick and easy.  
Interviewer had me verify my name, address and SSN.  The asked the 6 questions, I got them all right.   He went through my application and asked about my name change (I was reverting back to my Maiden name) and mentioned that I didn’t need it because my divorce decree stated that my name was to be reverted back.  
Then he said my application was approved and would I be able to come back today for 11:30 Oath Ceremony. He mentioned in conversation that they were doing same day oaths due to the back up. All 10 people who I walked in with to wait for the interview were at the oath ceremony. 
Oath ceremony was very quick, they had 50 of us at a time and took our Green cards and we said the oath and after a few minutes we had our certificates.  
I was so excited to get a sale day oath as I really thought it wasn’t a possibility but here we are!  YAY!

1 hour ago, STurcotte77 said:

I had my interview this morning at 7:30.  Check in process was very quick and easy.  
Interviewer had me verify my name, address and SSN.  The asked the 6 questions, I got them all right.   He went through my application and asked about my name change (I was reverting back to my Maiden name) and mentioned that I didn’t need it because my divorce decree stated that my name was to be reverted back.  
Then he said my application was approved and would I be able to come back today for 11:30 Oath Ceremony. He mentioned in conversation that they were doing same day oaths due to the back up. All 10 people who I walked in with to wait for the interview were at the oath ceremony. 
Oath ceremony was very quick, they had 50 of us at a time and took our Green cards and we said the oath and after a few minutes we had our certificates.  
I was so excited to get a sale day oath as I really thought it wasn’t a possibility but here we are!  YAY!

Congratulations - you had a long journey and its great to know you received your citizenship. Thank You for sharing the interview feedback. Mine is towards the end of the month but my interview time is 12:30. Any idea if afternoon interviews are also getting same day oath? Please advise. Again, congratulations and enjoy the moment. 

On 3/5/2022 at 2:50 PM, STurcotte77 said:

Wowwww!! Congrats 🎉    
Do you know if they have oath ceremony in the afternoon?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, natalie417 said:

Wowwww!! Congrats 🎉    
Do you know if they have oath ceremony in the afternoon?

Thank you! 

I am not sure, but I do know that we were the 5th oath ceremony that day (11:30AM on a Saturday).  So, I really think they are trying to get out of the backlog. I think you won't know till after the interview is over when you will be scheduled.  Sorry not much help. 

19 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

Thank you! 

I am not sure, but I do know that we were the 5th oath ceremony that day (11:30AM on a Saturday).  So, I really think they are trying to get out of the backlog. I think you won't know till after the interview is over when you will be scheduled.  Sorry not much help. 

I see . Thank you for sharing your experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my timeline for those interested (based on 5 year rule):

February 20, 2021 - Application
June 3, 2021 - Biometrics Appointment
March 7, 2022 - Interview
March 25, 2022 - Oath Ceremony (8am with about 40 other people and what looked like 40 more people waiting to go after us!)

I requested a name change on my application (I wanted my maiden name to be my middle name as I had discarded it in my marriage - I didn't want a double barreled surname and that seemed to be the only option at the time) and I included my marriage certificate as a supporting document.
The officer who interviewed me was able to process the name change without me having to perform my oath in front of a judge due to the nature of the change and having the marriage certificate on hand. He mentioned that getting oaths done in front of a judge is EXTREMELY backed up - probably six months or more wait time. 😬

A bit more info - my husband applied the same date as me (also on 5 year rule) and he had his biometrics done on the same date but he is still waiting for his interview.  😟 We think my name change request may have something to do with the difference in timing but we have no idea!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.