gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump. Still no card for us. I think we do have one participant in this thread who got their card but I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO!!

Any other updates?

Don't feel bad. Our interview was back in October, still awaiting background check. We were told we cant do a thing about it and just have to wait it out. The original Fingerprints have to expire (15 months) and then we can redo the fingerprints. Filed renewal EAD since it look like its going to take awhile....ahhh patience.................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Name check for AOS is requested after the biometrics are completed....that's where it seems to getting snagged in some cases.

So true!!!That is where everything went down the road for me. :(

Ana-Romania3dflagsdotcom_roman_2fawm.gif

Kenn-Texas3dflagsdotcom_us_tx_2fawm.gif,United States of America

Please note that im only giving away my personal opinion.My advice is not legal.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am waiting too, though I don't think it is because of the background check. NYC has a serious back log so hopefully I will get it in the next week.

Funny, I have not been touched since May 17th last year. So I guess, I should not expect an email or any form of internet communication.

Learning patience is not easy. :wacko:

N 400 Journey

Sent Package-12/13/2008 VSC

Biometrics - 01/07/09

Original Interview Date - 04/07/09 (File has not arrived)

Interview Date - 05/13/09

Oath Letter Received - 06/11/09

USC - 07/02/09

Passport/PC (Expedited) -07/02/09

Passport/PC Received - 07/11/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I learned patience long ago. Now I am losing it quickly. This whole process is pathetic from start to finish and with all the bragging and lecturing my country does on every subject known to man its PATHETIC.

Does anyone know whats going on in their cases? Can't we have some kind of status from mud to at least the level of human being? We are supposed to be stuck in limbo for years and years? What the F? I guess my wife is now among the 11million "illegal and undocumented" aliens that all the xenophobes are ranting and raving about these days. Well whose fault is that? What have we done wrong? We've been playing their damn games for three years now. And for what? Some piece of plastic.

At our interview we were told it was a formality. Yesterday, we went to INFOpass in NYC. First we were screamed at and treated like animals by security staff. Screaming and yelling at everyone. Reprimanding people as if they were children. If you didn't understand what they said, forget it. Hell, I couldn't even understand what they said half the time. The poor chinese people in front of me. And when you did it right, they just ignored you and looked the other way. ZERO humanity. Then you go thru the guantlet of secruity guards checking you papers every three steps and scolding people. Finally you get in line to see a woman who yells at you before she gives to a number to go upstairs and wait in line for two more hours (even though you are 20 minutes early for your appointment).

And then you get your answer: "Your case is pending" Well gee, THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!! no more information. The case takes up to three years, I don't know why the officer said three weeks. But I can't tell you why it takes three years or what we are doing. So live like a pig for three more years. But you can go upstairs and talk to an officer if you want.

We go upstairs, get yelled at by another guard. The room has two windows open - and at least three hundred people waiting in the room.

Too bad I didn't know about the protest across the brooklyn bridge last saturday or I might have want. Or probably not.. I don't want to be videotaped by NYC police.

What ####### this is. I spent so much time telling my wife and friends in Thailand how great and fair the US is. And her experience with the US has been just an unknown nightmare. Its easier dealing with third world beaurocracy in thailand.

The woman in my office has been living here for 10 years and still hasn't gotten her greencard. Two kids, married to a USC.

USCIS can go to hell.

Edited by darth bangkok

17 Aug 02 - Met at Dunking Donuts, Bangkok

Nov 04 - my mother and sister visit and meet ning and her family

03 Dec 04 - I move back to NY to find work. (find it!)

20 Jan 05 - I go to BKK for K1 interview

25 Jan 05 - ได้วีสาแล้ว!! Approved!

01 Feb 05 - fly back to NY on Kuwait Airways

18 Feb 05 - apply for SS#

22 Apr 05 - MARRIED!!!!!

28 Apr 05 - Sent Form I-485 to Chicago

01 May 05 - AOS received in Chicago

29 Sep 05 - Biometrics

24 Oct 05 - NOA - March 22 interview!

22 Mar 06 - AOS interview- approved?

22 May 06 - Welcome letter received! (mailed 15 May)

Greencard received

07 Feb 08 - I751 filed

12 Feb 08 - extension letter recieved

waaaaaaaaaaaaiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
I learned patience long ago. Now I am losing it quickly. This whole process is pathetic from start to finish and with all the bragging and lecturing my country does on every subject known to man its PATHETIC.

Does anyone know whats going on in their cases? Can't we have some kind of status from mud to at least the level of human being? We are supposed to be stuck in limbo for years and years? What the F? I guess my wife is now among the 11million "illegal and undocumented" aliens that all the xenophobes are ranting and raving about these days. Well whose fault is that? What have we done wrong? We've been playing their damn games for three years now. And for what? Some piece of plastic.

At our interview we were told it was a formality. Yesterday, we went to INFOpass in NYC. First we were screamed at and treated like animals by security staff. Screaming and yelling at everyone. Reprimanding people as if they were children. If you didn't understand what they said, forget it. Hell, I couldn't even understand what they said half the time. The poor chinese people in front of me. And when you did it right, they just ignored you and looked the other way. ZERO humanity. Then you go thru the guantlet of secruity guards checking you papers every three steps and scolding people. Finally you get in line to see a woman who yells at you before she gives to a number to go upstairs and wait in line for two more hours (even though you are 20 minutes early for your appointment).

And then you get your answer: "Your case is pending" Well gee, THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!! no more information. The case takes up to three years, I don't know why the officer said three weeks. But I can't tell you why it takes three years or what we are doing. So live like a pig for three more years. But you can go upstairs and talk to an officer if you want.

We go upstairs, get yelled at by another guard. The room has two windows open - and at least three hundred people waiting in the room.

Too bad I didn't know about the protest across the brooklyn bridge last saturday or I might have want. Or probably not.. I don't want to be videotaped by NYC police.

What ####### this is. I spent so much time telling my wife and friends in Thailand how great and fair the US is. And her experience with the US has been just an unknown nightmare. Its easier dealing with third world beaurocracy in thailand.

The woman in my office has been living here for 10 years and still hasn't gotten her greencard. Two kids, married to a USC.

USCIS can go to hell.

My sentiments exactly...and it's all true unfortunately. And try explaining all this red tape to a 14 year old girl who just knows a green card is what she is supposed to have, just like her mother has.

Thanks for venting for all of us.

Dave

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its been over 21 months now since we've applied. Still waiting on the name check. 2 AD's, 2 Ead's I wonder if I'll get lucky and get 3 of each!!!! I love giving my money to the USCIS. I've already got 12 US immigration stamps in my passport. I guess they must concerned with Canadians!!!!!

I really don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. My wife and are seriously talking about moving back to Canada. I miss the free health care!!

Hubby - Canada Wife- USA

Came to USA on an F1 Visa

Met my wife to be August 2001 at college in Nebraska

May 29,2004 - Married!!!!!

July 1, 2004 - Filed AOS, AP, I-130 and Ead in person-Houston

July 12, 2004 - Notice date

July 29, 2004 - Bios

Nov 10, 2004 - I-485 touched

Nov 17, 2004 - I-131 approved

Nov 24, 2004 - I-765 approved

Apr 25, 2005 - status inquiry since AOS is 90 days overdue

May 2, 2005 - status inquiry letter to Houston office

May 19, 2005 - had a meeting with the ICE ( they said they didnt know I filed for AOS???)

July 7, 2005 - sent a letter to Senator, Missouri Cis, CIS Ombudsman

July 27, 2005 - letter from Ombudsman - they will start an inquiry into my case.

Sept 14, 2005 - receieved a letter from USCIS Houston that I need to contact Missouri ( from status inquiry)

Oct 6, 2005 - fingerprinting- EAD

Nov 15, 2005 - Received letter from CIS Ombudsman-I need to contact the Houston USCIS

Nov 17, 2005 - Received AP and Ead in mail

Dec 28, 2005 - fingerprinting- AOS

Feb 9, 2006 - Aos interiew- still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - Second AOS interview, still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - I-130 approved

Dec 2, 2007 - Fingerprinted again..third time for AOS

Feb 14, 2008 - Received email case approved

Feb 26, 2008 - received Green Card

Timeline

I'm glad for the two posts after mine, I was worrying last night if I went overboard. But I was glad to vent a bit! We too are wondering if we are not better off somewhere else. The greencard / citizenship though still comes in to play a bit when you think about traveling back and forth for visits (for us anyway)

Edited by darth bangkok

22 Apr 05 - MARRIED!!!!!

29 Sep 05 - Biometrics

Greencard received

07 Feb 08 - I751 filed

waaaaaaaaaaaaiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I'm glad for the two posts after mine, I was worrying last night if I went overboard. But I was glad to vent a bit! We too are wondering if we are not better off somewhere else. The greencard / citizenship though still comes in to play a bit when you think about traveling back and forth for visits (for us anyway)

Well! I have no problem waiting because the only thing the Green card entitles you to do is to travel out of the country (and you can get an AP if you really want to) and eventually citizenship - none of those matter too much really! If they come in a little slowly - that's OK with me. Yes, I would like to get this phase overwith but its not like my wife's illegal (darth you are wrong about that) - she is in status because her application is pending!

So! Hold your horses and other creatures. Let's wait it out and wish the best for eachother. Don't rant about the process - we all knew it can take years and maybe it will - I hope that all of us move on to the next phase (and the next and the next.)

Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Well! I have no problem waiting because the only thing the Green card entitles you to do is to travel out of the country (and you can get an AP if you really want to) and eventually citizenship - none of those matter too much really! If they come in a little slowly - that's OK with me. Yes, I would like to get this phase overwith but its not like my wife's illegal (darth you are wrong about that) - she is in status because her application is pending!

So! Hold your horses and other creatures. Let's wait it out and wish the best for eachother. Don't rant about the process - we all knew it can take years and maybe it will - I hope that all of us move on to the next phase (and the next and the next.)

Good Luck

Yes, it's important to be patient (even when nothing they-meaning USCIS- does makes sense) but without a green card for Carina (K-2) she cannot get a social security number, which would be nice for a number of obvious reasons not the least of which is being able to claim her as a dependent on our taxes without having to jump through hoops to get a ITIN...not to mention the additional costs of the renewed AP's which do add up over time...

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

Timeline

... and things like non-driver id cards etc. and piece of mind... etc etc

22 Apr 05 - MARRIED!!!!!

29 Sep 05 - Biometrics

Greencard received

07 Feb 08 - I751 filed

waaaaaaaaaaaaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.