gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ugh! EXACTLY what I didn't want to read, I read today when opening mail from USCIS. In response to my call on March 10th, they looked into our case. The letter recieved today states -

"The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to preform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not recieve a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below"

Ok first off, what the heck do they mean by performing addtional reviews?!?! We were clearly told by the woman giving the interview that as soon as the FBI name check cleared, she would approve us. Please tell me that's what they're getting at. I read on here someone recieved a letter stating they were waiting on their background check and since ours doesn't clearly state that as well...makes me a bit nervous. And as far as waiting 6 months...I think not! Today is day 133 since our interview. You bet ur a$$ that on day 180, if nothing has been heard otherwise, I will be contacting the, regarding the new "rule".

Question: Has anyone actually called the 800 number and asking about the new rule for pending name checks after 180 and gotten a decent reply?

i don t know what to tell u but i feel bad for u coz i think i m the same situation like u but i ve been waiting 231 days since the interview and i contact them on the 19th of march and i m waiting for a written decision!!!

and i assume that it will be the same answer u got coz i heard this answer alot:(

thats horrible.............god bless us all.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Ugh! EXACTLY what I didn't want to read, I read today when opening mail from USCIS. In response to my call on March 10th, they looked into our case. The letter recieved today states -

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to preform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not recieve a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below"

Ok first off, what the heck do they mean by performing addtional reviews?!?! We were clearly told by the woman giving the interview that as soon as the FBI name check cleared, she would approve us. Please tell me that's what they're getting at. I read on here someone recieved a letter stating they were waiting on their background check and since ours doesn't clearly state that as well...makes me a bit nervous. And as far as waiting 6 months...I think not! Today is day 133 since our interview. You bet ur a$$ that on day 180, if nothing has been heard otherwise, I will be contacting the, regarding the new "rule".

Question: Has anyone actually called the 800 number and asking about the new rule for pending name checks after 180 and gotten a decent reply?

i don t know what to tell u but i feel bad for u coz i think i m the same situation like u but i ve been waiting 231 days since the interview and i contact them on the 19th of march and i m waiting for a written decision!!!

and i assume that it will be the same answer u got coz i heard this answer alot:(

This is what I do not get. If you've been waiting 231 days then why aren't they approving you per the new info pisted on USCIS.gov? If they've made a change they need to stick to the darn thing.

Timeline

This is what I do not get. If you've been waiting 231 days then why aren't they approving you per the new info pisted on USCIS.gov? If they've made a change they need to stick to the darn thing.

hopefully but i didn t think so coz my case haven t been touched since the 30th of sep 07.....and the deadline of the new fbi policy is passed in the 10 of march!!!.....there is no way it s so fruastrating:(

i hope i will see my GC b4 i die ....lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

hopefully but i didn t think so coz my case haven t been touched since the 30th of sep 07.....and the deadline of the new fbi policy is passed in the 10 of march!!!.....there is no way it s so fruastrating:(

Hopefully they get it sorted really soon. What was told to you at your interview?

Timeline

Hopefully they get it sorted really soon. What was told to you at your interview?

i was approved and wait for fbi background check!!!!.....it s bullshit

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i had Infopass appt today, the info on my case is " pending decision by the immigration officer" , i asked the officer at the counter , wether my background check is cleared, she said " yes they are cleared, except one they do not know of?".............

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey--we've been called for an interview..May 12!!!! wooo hooo!!!! please wish us luck! :dance::dance:

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Still pending:

The results of our infopass appt today:

We had our biometrics renewal on 3/3/08. We went to the Seattle office today to make sure that we're included in the Feb. name check memo. We only had to wait a few minutes to speak with an officer.

The officer looked at our biometrics letter and my husband's ID. He said he had to look through different programs b/c "they don't communicate with one another." That was definitely reassuring. :wacko: Usually they just look up my husband's name and say, "Sorry, name check pending." This time he asked my husband to repeat his birthday and his father's first name. He asked us if we'd had our interview and if we'd passed. I said yes, in august 2004 in san diego. He asked for the interviewer's name. I said that all I remember was that he was Filipino--it was 4 years ago! He said, "John"? "Frank"? It seemed like an odd question. He found the name in our file on the computer eventually and seemed pleased with himself.

After being kicked off the system and then logging back in, he said that our case has been in Seattle since August 2007. That's when we had the case sent from San Diego to Seattle after our move. That's also the last on-line touch on the case.

The officer said our case has been under review with an officer (I don't remember the exact wording) since March 14, 2008. I'm guessing that was when the results for the 3/3/08 biometrics came in. He thought we'd be hearing very soon and told us not to move. (Like I would do anything to jeopardize mail delivery at this time!)

He said we could come back in 1-2 months if we still hadn't heard or we could call that 1800 number. I said that they're really not very nice and I prefer the officers in Seattle. He said, "sorry." (rather sincerely I have to say, like he's heard that before.)

Anybody else gone back in for infopass appts since the Feb memo? I wonder if I might not get email updates since our case was filed directly to the local office in 2004. That was before you had to mail them to the lock box. It seems our case was always in the chula vista/san diego office until it was moved to the Seattle office. anybody else have a local office case?

-heather

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Another thought about the memo folks.

I don't think they're going in any particular order, even in individual offices. My husband's friend from school, who filed in Seattle and has been pending name check since 2006, received her green card email already. She had her biometrics renewed 2/6/08 and got the email yesterday, 3/26. We've been pending since 2004. But I'm also wondering if our case is more complicated since we moved in the middle of the process.

dunno...

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

Hey--we've been called for an interview..May 12!!!! wooo hooo!!!! please wish us luck! :dance::dance:

Great News at least something is happening for you now....Good luck

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!! :devil:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 28, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

02/01/2016 - B-2 Visa declined

03/05/2016 - B-2 Visa reapplied

03/18/2016 - B-2 Visa declined

Filed: Other Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I got my Green card last week. Thank you guys for all of your support and encouragement. It seems like it was a long year and a half. Even though I didn't post that much I got lot of help and encouragement just by reading what you guys post. Hope my FBI background check clears before I reapply for the 10 year GC in 2 years from now.

AOS

July 21st 2006 - I130, I485, and I765 Filed

Aug 10th 2006 - NOA for I485, I765 & I130 received

Aug 14th 2006 - Biometric appointment date for I485 and I765 received

Aug 21st 2006 - Biometrics taken (DAY 31)

Aug 31st 2006 - Received interview notice via mail

Oct 17th 2006 - EAD Approved (DAY 88)

Oct 27th 2006 - Interview (DAY 98)

Oct 27th 2006 - Pending FBI background check

Dec 20th 2006 - Recieved RFE for joint Sponsor

Feb 10th 2007 - Mailed RFE for joint sponsor

Feb 12th 2007 - RFE recieved at USCIS

Mar 23rd 2007 - Recieved RFE for original signature for joint sponsor

Mar 27th 2007 - Mailed RFE

Mar 29th 2007 - RFE received at USCIS

Jun 28th 2007 - INFOPASS appontment

Jul 6th 2007 - mailed I765 renewal

Jul 8th 2007 - USCIS received I765 renewal

Jul 20th 2007 - NOA for I765 renewal

Dec 24th 2007 - NOA 2nd Biometric appointment date for I485 and I765 received

Jan 09th 2008 - 2nd Biometrics for I485 and I765

Mar 12th 2008 received green card approval notice

Mar 21st 2008 received green card

Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/13/2010 ... mailed I-751 packet to CSC

01/14/2010 ... delivered to CSC

01/19/2010 ... check cashed

02/01/2010 ... received Biometrics notice

02/17/2010 ... Biometrics appointment

02/25/2010 ... INFOPASS app. I-551 stamped on passport

03/11/2010 ... Green card approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.