gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
AOS dispair, zsam and CK&Tydi, thanks a lot! I'm really looking forward to seeing my new green card since it's only a matter of weeks now, I haven't been that excited for a long time :innocent: . This threat has been a wonderful source of hope and encouragement for me, and I believe for many other people, when nothing else seemed to comfort. Thank you so much for it!!! :thumbs: Best of luck and quick approvals for the rest of you still waiting!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see all these approvals. I've been lurking around the board for quite a while now. Given the black-hole of namecheck, i didn't think it usefull to register.... up until seeing that memo from Feb. I have also been stuck in name-check for a long time -- applied for AOS Apr. 2006 and had interview in Oct, followed by another interview in July 07.

At the second interview, i got a printout saying the case was approvable; all that's missing is the namecheck. So everything looks good in this respect....

My problem/question is this: i haven't seen anyone (with an old case) in Washington, DC, or Vermont get their approval. It seems that some offices like Phoenix and California are really going for it. But nothing from my area. Has anyone been approved recently from DC/Vermont? Are the cases being approved/ajudicated in local centers like DC or are they being done whole-sale in one of the bigger service centers? :unsure:

I have been waiting long enough now to have learned patience. However, as the March 12 "deadline" approaches i can't help but feel a bit left out.

Any insights/experiences appreciated....

Fingerprints taken today, the staff was friendly and helpful. After last night I wasn't so sure it would go well :P . My stubborn hubby told me very frankly he was NOT going to tell them how to do their jobs when I briefed him on the discrepancy of the fingerprinting notice. I advised him :

#1. code 1 - 10 fingers (I stressed to him - MAKE SURE THEY DO THIS!!)

#2. get your name corrected

#3. show them the approved EAD card that is depicted on the biometrics request showing them that appt is clearly not for the EAD application

After very much pushing & pulling (essentially me saying - do you want to have to go back a 2nd time for another error they make), he grumbled, and accepted the reality that they need to be directed. :D

It went well, he was done in 30 minutes. Now we wait :)

Fingerprints taken today, the staff was friendly and helpful. After last night I wasn't so sure it would go well :P . My stubborn hubby told me very frankly he was NOT going to tell them how to do their jobs when I briefed him on the discrepancy of the fingerprinting notice. I advised him :

#1. code 1 - 10 fingers (I stressed to him - MAKE SURE THEY DO THIS!!)

#2. get your name corrected

#3. show them the approved EAD card that is depicted on the biometrics request showing them that appt is clearly not for the EAD application

After very much pushing & pulling (essentially me saying - do you want to have to go back a 2nd time for another error they make), he grumbled, and accepted the reality that they need to be directed. :D

It went well, he was done in 30 minutes. Now we wait :)

I'm glad to hear that! Jon said that the people at the ASC were always friendly.

I think things sound pretty good for you guys! It seems that the fingerprinting letters arrive with all kindsa crazy stuff. You may remember that Huskerfan and I (we're both in Phoenix) received a letter referencing the INS! But both our cases (well, his and my husband's) were completed within a couple of months from the fingerprinting date.

I know that this stuff can vary widely, but I remember that there was no touch on Jon's AOS case after the re-fingerprinting. He had the 10-prints done the same day as EAD #3 biometrics, and the EAD case was touched that day. I was discouraged by this, but the next touch--over two months after the re-fingerprinting--was the approval e-mail. Further proof that the touch, or lack thereof, often means nothing. :)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to all those who have been approved. It's about damn time. We are still waiting for a touch on our case. We called USCIS last week and were told to wait till March 10th before making an enquiry into our case. I will be going into my local office next thursday with a copy of the memo in hand to see if we can get an I-551 stamp. The wife's EAD is expiring so I gottta see if I can get that done. I will let you guys know what happens. Not looking forward to it though. Bleh.

Filed: Other Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

What's happening march 10th? For me march 10th will be two months since the 2nd biometrics. We have been considering writing to our congressman and senator if we don't here anything by March 10th.

AOS

July 21st 2006 - I130, I485, and I765 Filed

Aug 10th 2006 - NOA for I485, I765 & I130 received

Aug 14th 2006 - Biometric appointment date for I485 and I765 received

Aug 21st 2006 - Biometrics taken (DAY 31)

Aug 31st 2006 - Received interview notice via mail

Oct 17th 2006 - EAD Approved (DAY 88)

Oct 27th 2006 - Interview (DAY 98)

Oct 27th 2006 - Pending FBI background check

Dec 20th 2006 - Recieved RFE for joint Sponsor

Feb 10th 2007 - Mailed RFE for joint sponsor

Feb 12th 2007 - RFE recieved at USCIS

Mar 23rd 2007 - Recieved RFE for original signature for joint sponsor

Mar 27th 2007 - Mailed RFE

Mar 29th 2007 - RFE received at USCIS

Jun 28th 2007 - INFOPASS appontment

Jul 6th 2007 - mailed I765 renewal

Jul 8th 2007 - USCIS received I765 renewal

Jul 20th 2007 - NOA for I765 renewal

Dec 24th 2007 - NOA 2nd Biometric appointment date for I485 and I765 received

Jan 09th 2008 - 2nd Biometrics for I485 and I765

Mar 12th 2008 received green card approval notice

Mar 21st 2008 received green card

Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/13/2010 ... mailed I-751 packet to CSC

01/14/2010 ... delivered to CSC

01/19/2010 ... check cashed

02/01/2010 ... received Biometrics notice

02/17/2010 ... Biometrics appointment

02/25/2010 ... INFOPASS app. I-551 stamped on passport

03/11/2010 ... Green card approved

What's happening march 10th? For me march 10th will be two months since the 2nd biometrics. We have been considering writing to our congressman and senator if we don't here anything by March 10th.

It does not hurt to write to your Congressman or Senator. :) Good Luck!

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

According to the Revised National Security Adjudicating and Reporting Requirements USCIS is working on adjudicating over 45,000 pending name check cases. According to the memo, they hope to have them done by mid March 2008. Here's a snippet from it :

Q11. Should customers contact USCIS through the 1-800 customer service number or make an INFOPASS appointment to visit their local office if their case is outside of normal processing times and they believe their application meets the criteria of this new policy?

A11. For pending applications outside of normal processing times, we recommend that customers wait until March 10, 2008, before inquiring about cases affected by this policy modification. This will allow each office sufficient time to identify and adjudicate the relevant pending cases. If no action is taken by mid-March, we recommend inquiring with the USCIS customer service line at 1-800-375-5283 . This procedure is for customers who have been previously informed that their case is pending due to the FBI name check. (Cases that are still pending within the processing times will be completed when the related adjudication actions are completed.)

Here's the link to the whole document :

http://www.murthaimmigration.com/2008/new-...485-applicants/

So if your case has been approved, is pending background check and it has been over 180 days since your approval you have a legitimate reason to make an infopass to inquire about the status of your case or bring attention to it by involving your senator.

"Where the application is otherwise approvable and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the I-485, I-601, I-687, or I-698 and proceed with card issuance"

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so, march 10th is here, now what?? has anyone whose case has been pending for more than 180 days in the name check process called USCIS and found out what happens now?? i called a month ago and they said to wait till march 10th, well march 10th is here now and i've been in the name check process for a year and 2 months now and still nothing, so what happens now??

Filed: Timeline

so, march 10th is here, now what?? has anyone whose case has been pending for more than 180 days in the name check process called USCIS and found out what happens now?? i called a month ago and they said to wait till march 10th, well march 10th is here now and i've been in the name check process for a year and 2 months now and still nothing, so what happens now??

[/quoi'm the same but i d0 konw somebody who was waiting like us from the same city i live in got his interview but he has a lawyer i'm going to call the ins tomorrow and if i didn't got the answer i was waiting for i will get info pass and the sue them its 3 years now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

[/quoi'm the same but i d0 konw somebody who was waiting like us from the same city i live in got his interview but he has a lawyer i'm going to call the ins tomorrow and if i didn't got the answer i was waiting for i will get info pass and the sue them its 3 years now

What is it with the Charlotte center? It appears to be slow in setting up inteviews and posting on line. Our I-485 status has never been posted on line. We started AOS end of Oct 07 and my step daughter "ages out" in July08. I think I will do an info pass later this month and talk to a real person, and tell we flagged our application with age out and to please expediate. Hope you that have been waiting much longer get your green cards soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i would make an info pass apt and see if u can get a stamp in your passport. after my husband waited so long...we know the name of the game is wait wait and wait some more. im sure the uscis is behind as usual but u might be able to get a stamp instead until they call for the fingerprinting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so one can get the stamp possibly WITHOUT the call for another set of prints? that would be great! our case was touched 2-3 times from jan-feb and nothing has happened since. sigh :(

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.