gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Can you hear us cheering in Indiana !! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

After 2 years 9 months it is done! About 10 minutes ago this came

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thank you all for your kind words through the years!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. :dance:

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/10...N-400 mailed to Phoenix,AZ Lockbox

04/06/10...Check cashed. NOA1

05/07/10...Biometrics appointment

06/23/10...Interview appointment - PASSED!

08/19/10...Oath ceremony - Officially a US citizen!!!

08/24/10...Updated SSN records

08/31/10...Applied for US Passport and Card

09/15/10...Received US Passport and Card

I -751 Removal of conditions

04/04/09...I-751 sent to California service center

04/12/09...NOA1. permanent residence extended for one year.

06/10/09...Biometrics appointment done

06/21/09...2 yr GC expired

07/09/09...Approval letter received in the mail!!! GC approved 07/06/09

07/20/09...10 yr GC arrived in the mail.

AOS/EAD timeline: F1 to AOS (married to USC)

11/14/06.....I-130/I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox (Day1)

11/21/06......Checks cashed, NOA1 for I-130/I-1485/EAD arrives in mail (Day 8)

12/12/06.... Biometrics done (Day 29)

01/20/07...Interview notice received dated Jan. 12, Yay!! (Day 68)

01/30/07....EAD touched, finally!(Day 78)

02/01/07....I-485, I-130 touched. EAD card production ordered (Day 80)

02/07/07....EAD card received in mail (Day 86)

02/26/07...Interview - name check pending (Day 105)

06/21/07.... Card production ordered email...omigosh! (Day 220)

06/24/07.....Email: Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident on 6/22

06/30/07.....Welcome notice received in snail mail

07/02/07....Email: Approval notice sent. GC received in mail!!! (232 days from filing)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Much Congrats Journeyhelper Wonderful news.

On another note HOW DO I STOP LOOKING AT THE USCIS WEB EVERY 30 Minutes? I am going crazy just hoping for something. I know I have not been waiting as long as most of the people here. How do you get by each day? I'm going insane and I am in the first phases of Name Check......

Patient one sorry to see you here :(

Anybody how do I stop the Madness :wacko:

Try to convince yourself that at the end, you will be billed $1 for every time you logged on. :)

It is difficult, but try to remember that you are not speeding the process along - in fact you are expending energy that could be used on more helpful things.

We are also not that far into it, but please believe me that the obsessive want to check does subside. Concentrate on the good that you do have. Build from that. The email will arrive. It might take some effort (emails/letters/visits) to move it along, but use this energy then.

The 'effort' you spend won't move your case along. BUT it's still good to be pro-active about it. Should it ever become necessary for legal action against DHS, a paper trail of your efforts will go a long way in convincing a judge that it wasn't YOUR fault the case languished.

I would suggest you to keep on checking. I have that site permanently opened. I just hit refresh every time I use the computer. If you do get some touches or card production email ---- the sooner you know the lesser time you spend worrying and the longer the time you will be happy. At the same time don't hope for anything. Hoping is a bad strategy. Just casually look ;)

02/01/2016 - B-2 Visa declined

03/05/2016 - B-2 Visa reapplied

03/18/2016 - B-2 Visa declined

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
welcome the patient one. Sorry to see you are pending so long, I know it can be agonizing :( and I would say everyone here knows the feeling of being "forgotten. I am glad to see this thread still offers some comfort to those waiting in the abyss.

(F)

Thank you for welcoming me into this thread, it's kind of sad to be part of it, of course, but at least, as I said earlier, I can see that there are others who are in the same boat, and sharing our stories with each other can indeed give you some sort of comfort that you can only get from those who understand and know from their own experiences what you're going through. I have a couple of friends who were fortunate enough to get their green cards within a five month period, they were "blissfully" ignorant of this whole process called a "namecheck/hell", of course, and still do not believe that it is actually possible...........................well, I guess, we prove them wrong unfortunately.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: CONGRATS JOURNEYHELPER!!! :dance::dance::dance: SO HAPPY TO SEE ONE OF THE 'OLD TIMERS' GET THROUGH.

PATIENT ONE---WE ALSO HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE 2005 AND KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. WE HAVE HAD GOOD DAYS AND BAD, ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE ASK WHY, MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE SOMETHING IS WRONG AND WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK AS WELL. SUCCESS LIKE JOURNEYHELPER IS WHAT GETS US THROUGH. NO ONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS WHAT WE GO THROUGH FOR THAT PRECIOUS GREEN CARD!!!

I agree with you 100%, success stories like these do boost your confidance :thumbs: , I actually start to believe that it may work out well in the end (still not sure how soon though) :innocent: And it is so true, people ask my all the time too why it's taking so long, speculating that I may have done something wrong along the way, even suggesting some pretty stupid things...............I mean, just because my case has been delayed for quite a whole doesn't make me some sort of freak, does it? I know that our papers are right, we have done everything right from the very start, Gosh, I spent 11 months just sitting and waiting for this stupid K3 visa away from my husband most of the time (yeah, got lucky and stuck there too), and now another wait for this AOS :wacko: I certainly have had my share of bad days and still do from time to time when I think too much of it, but nonetheless I do my best to stay positive and think less of this nightmare, they say that when you least expect it, it will come................let's hope it will!

add us to the list people. approved today pending namecheck :(

Our Timeline:

06/19/07: AOS/EAD packet finally off in the mail!

06/21/07: Package arrived in Chicago (Day 1)

06/27/07: NOA1 recieved for I-130 and EAD and I-485 (Day 6)

06/30/07: I-130 and EAD and I-485 *touched* (Day 9)

07/12/07: RFE for proof of joint sponsor's citizenship (Day 21)

07/21/07: Biometrics Appointment in Atlanta (Day 31)

07/23/07: Returned RFE with wanted documents arrives in Missouri (Day 33)

07/25/07: I-485 *touched* (Day 35)

09/06/07: EAD Card Production Ordered (Day 77)

09/12/07: EAD Card recieved in the mail!!! (Day 83)

09/18/07: Interview in Atlanta!!!!!!!!! (Day 89) APPROVED PENDING NAMECHECK!!!!

11/09/07: Card production ordered!!!

11/20/07: Greencard received!!!!!!!!

08/15/09: I-751 package mailed!

08/17/09: Package delivered to VSC.

08/18/09: NOA 1 Extension Letter!! (received 08/24/09)

08/20/09: Check cashed!!

09/29/09: Biometrics in ATL!

Sorry to hear that you are stuck in namechecks, hoping your wait is not to long

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Welcome is not the best , since it is in this tread we are welcoming you. Hopefully all of us will clear by the end of the month ( wishful thinking ) . Anyway we are here to support you throughout this process.

:)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Welcome! Being stuck in name check is a badge of honor! And this thread is where all the cool kids hang out. :-)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome! Being stuck in name check is a badge of honor! And this thread is where all the cool kids hang out. :-)

If thats true then I'd be quite happy to be square and not so cool with a quickly approved Green Card.

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

Much Congrats Journeyhelper Wonderful news.

On another note HOW DO I STOP LOOKING AT THE USCIS WEB EVERY 30 Minutes? I am going crazy just hoping for something. I know I have not been waiting as long as most of the people here. How do you get by each day? I'm going insane and I am in the first phases of Name Check......

An interesting question, but one that only you can answer (imagine that in 70s self-help talk-show voice). How you cope with this process is highly individual, sort of like everyone deals with death differently.

I suppose in some ways, I'm fortunate in that I was ready for a long wait right off the bat. Granted, I thought it might be a few months from the interview and not a year or more, but I was told by more than one person that a delay of this nature can be indefinite. My brother, who is a border patrol agent and knows a thing or two about federal bureaucracies, said, "I'd be prepared to wait a while." That kept me from checking the case status online more than once every few days.

As Donna suggested, at some point, you get tired of checking the status and seeing the same date staring back at you. Our case has averaged a touch every eight months or so. That said, I still check it every few days even though I think we're waiting for a notice in the mail instructing my husband to go for fingerprint renewal.

For most of us, at the root of the anxiety of name check is the lack of control. Having the ability to check on the case, as meaningless as the information might be, makes us feel engaged somehow.

I guess this is a disjointed way of suggesting that you do whatever makes you feel better about the proceedings. If you feel like you're being neurotic by checking the status six times a day, stop! But if you feel you get something out of it, keep on checking.

I seem to remember reading a lighthearted thread about how people cope with the stress of the entire process--not just name check, but all of it. Some of the posts were quite funny. I'll see if I can find it.

~Julie

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've been reading and learning from here but haven't posted since I didn't have anything to add..I was also stuck in the FBI name check nightmare since my wife and I interviewed on July 12th, 2007.

Absolutely nothing had happened on our case since then, even though we were told to expect the approval on the I-130 within a few weeks.

At the beginning of the month, we moved to a new condo that we bought and so I sent in all the paperwork for the change of address. We received the receipts for this on September 10th and then, a couple of days later, my greencard approval came through!!!!! :dance: Of course it could be a coincidence and I am not recommending that everyone move but, it seems to me that there was a connection between someone having to access my file to change the address and the movement of the application from the FBI name check hole. Figured that I would share this story with everyone.

The greencard approval is now dated September 11th though!! Ironic.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

I've been reading and learning from here but haven't posted since I didn't have anything to add..I was also stuck in the FBI name check nightmare since my wife and I interviewed on July 12th, 2007.

Absolutely nothing had happened on our case since then, even though we were told to expect the approval on the I-130 within a few weeks.

At the beginning of the month, we moved to a new condo that we bought and so I sent in all the paperwork for the change of address. We received the receipts for this on September 10th and then, a couple of days later, my greencard approval came through!!!!! :dance: Of course it could be a coincidence and I am not recommending that everyone move but, it seems to me that there was a connection between someone having to access my file to change the address and the movement of the application from the FBI name check hole. Figured that I would share this story with everyone.

The greencard approval is now dated September 11th though!! Ironic.

Congrats!! :thumbs:

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

sometime i wonder if i would have just sent the file a day earlier or a day later if it would have changed the outcome. maybe a different person would have entered it and got no name check. stupid things u think of while waiting.

Congrats! Although, with all due respect, I'm not sure a two-month delay can reasonably be considered a "nightmare." Just thought I'd say it before someone posted a similar sentiment but maybe a bit less diplomatically. (As I'm sure you've noticed, there are some angry mofos in this thread! And justifiably so!)

I came up with a contribution to another thread in which I decided that terms like "namecheck hell" couldn't be rightfully used by applicants (or their spouse) who received GC approval before having to renew interim benefits.

Sometimes I wonder if this entire experience has permanently altered my personality. People used to tell me I was a nice person.

Edited by AOS despair

K-1

AOS

Timeline

Congrats! Although, with all due respect, I'm not sure a two-month delay can reasonably be considered a "nightmare." Just thought I'd say it before someone posted a similar sentiment but maybe a bit less diplomatically. (As I'm sure you've noticed, there are some angry mofos in this thread! And justifiably so!)

I came up with a contribution to another thread in which I decided that terms like "namecheck hell" couldn't be rightfully used by applicants (or their spouse) who received GC approval before having to renew interim benefits.

Sometimes I wonder if this entire experience has permanently altered my personality. People used to tell me I was a nice person.

Sorry...I wasn't saying that I personally went through a nightmare, but rather that this process of FBI name checking has become a "nightmare". However, although the time period of uncertainty and confusion that I went through is fairly minor compared to many people posting on here, it is naive to think that this did not impact my life adversely and that I should be able to use this term for my own situation. My visa expires in january and I run a lab where the livelihood of 3 people are dependent on the grants I would lose by being forced out the country in the 3 month gap between the visa expiry and the application to extend the H1B, which I have been told could only be done if the application had been pending for more than a year.

Anyway, I only wanted to share my circumstances and story surrounding the address change in the hope that it might help others. If there is anyone else like AOS dispair who might have misinterpreted my comments or taken offense to them, I apologize and realize that my time-frame has been faster than many out there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.