Dougb

Need help cfo requirement Philippines

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

There is no ROM to file.   He was married IN the Philippines the first time .. and the second time.      

And yes, it could turn into a nasty can of worms.

Ok, got it...I kinda just assummed his name would never show up since he isn't a Philippine citizen. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Ok, got it...I kinda just assummed his name would never show up since he isn't a Philippine citizen. 

His name would show up, and did.

Heck my name would show up, and .. did.  ;)  :lol:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

His name would show up, and did.

Heck my name would show up, and .. did.  ;)  :lol:  

Now I know...so will mine (ROM and ROB filed)...but of course no plans on divorcing! 

Edited by javadown2

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Now I know...so will mine (ROM and ROB filed)...but of course no plans on divorcing! 

Depending on your plans for the Philippines, sometimes you need proof of marriage.   

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Depending on your plans for the Philippines, sometimes you need proof of marriage.   

I will end up buying a condo or town-home and live there in a few years. 

On 4/18/2018 at 6:37 PM, Dougb said:

How do I get the divorce recognized? 

Rapid Visa and attorneys tell me there's no problem and I don't need a Annulment as I am not or ever was a Philippine Citizen. 

Rapid Visa gives notoriously bad information when it comes to the Philippines.  I used them too and they argued with me about waiting for Packet 3 before setting up the interview.  It was then I really decided to not use them anymore.  We have already interviewed and approved but according to them we have to wait for Package 3 (which we did get AFTER the interview) which generally doesn't happen there.  They were adamant about waiting.  They are pretty much useless although their advice may be correct for SOME embassies.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

And that is why I focus on one country as things vary too much to use a blanket approach ..   

I totally understand 

I was reading some other threads with problems with the cfo there. They seem go after the shy or timid ones. Those that are bossy or out spoken have no issues. My wife is very shy! I will see if I can go with her to talk to the cfo lady. 

4 minutes ago, Dougb said:

I was reading some other threads with problems with the cfo there. They seem go after the shy or timid ones. Those that are bossy or out spoken have no issues. My wife is very shy! I will see if I can go with her to talk to the cfo lady. 

They won't let you in.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

27 minutes ago, Dougb said:

What's your advice? 

Explain to your fiancée that CFO looks for the shy and timid and exploit those weaknesses.  She needs to present herself as a confident and strong woman. 

My thinking (just my opinion) is that CFO feels the shyer and more timid woman is more likely to be abused so they prefer a more agressive approach. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

19 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

My thinking (just my opinion) is that CFO feels the shyer and more timid woman is more likely to be abused so they prefer a more agressive approach. 

My thinking is the is a few individual whom are sadist.  Maybe they feel like they got the short end of the deal in life, so they decide to find a few people each week and make their life hell. 

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

6 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

My thinking is the is a few individual whom are sadist.  Maybe they feel like they got the short end of the deal in life, so they decide to find a few people each week and make their life hell. 

I buy that!  Some Filipinos are very jealous and maybe CFO is the perfect place for them to inflict suffering on those who they consider weaker and more vulnerable. Sad as that is.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.