Jen&Cal

Will refusal entry on Esta in past effect my entry on K1?

4 posts in this topic

Hello, in November of 2017 I entered customs on an ESTA but returned because I was unfamiliar with the ESTA and did not know I could not apply for work. I was coming to the US to visit my now fiance.

They stamped my passport, it says "Refused in accordance INA Section 217 R04047 212 A 7 A I I". They said I could no longer use the ESTA program and to come back on a different Visa. We have applied for K1 and are waiting for our NOA2. 

Because of this stamped in my passport and probably noted in my record, will this effect my entry on the K1 visa?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jennifer W said:

Hello, in November of 2017 I entered customs on an ESTA but returned because I was unfamiliar with the ESTA and did not know I could not apply for work. I was coming to the US to visit my now fiance.

They stamped my passport, it says "Refused in accordance INA Section 217 R04047 212 A 7 A I I". They said I could no longer use the ESTA program and to come back on a different Visa. We have applied for K1 and are waiting for our NOA2. 

Because of this stamped in my passport and probably noted in my record, will this effect my entry on the K1 visa?

Any help would be appreciated. 

You answered your own question.  Last time I checked, a K-1 is a different visa.  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

You answered your own question.  Last time I checked, a K-1 is a different visa.  

I know but I am still worried based on my past rejection. I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this. Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Jennifer W said:

I know but I am still worried based on my past rejection. I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this. Thank you

Different visa, different reason for entering.  ZERO impact

YMMV

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.