Ivy.

N-400 Filers in San Antonio, TX

271 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 8:00 AM, StuTor said:

I had my interview yesterday afternoon. I arrived about 20 minutes before my interview like the letter suggested. I noticed there was a line in front of the building, so i got close and asked and apparently we were all scheduled for our citizenship interview for the same time. It was about 25 of us in the line, we went through the security TSA style check in, then had our picture and biometrics taken as proof that you attended the interview.

After that, i was given a ticket and asked to wait with everyone else in a waiting room. I waited for about 25 minutes before the officer called my name. One thing i noticed was that, it seems the order with which we were being taken in was already assigned to the officer, and was not based on how early you got into the line. Instead you were being called based on how quickly the officer finished the previous interview.

Anyway, we made small talk as the officer walked me to her office. She was very professional, and stoic. She swore me in, asked for my greencard (which was the only document she asked for) and we took the civics and history test:

- What Territory did the US purchase from France?

- How long do we elect a president for?

- Who resided in America before Europeans?

- What was the main concern of the US during the Cold War?

- What was the reason Colonists came to America?

She typed my responses. We did the reading and writing part. Then we went over the yes/no questions. I had 3 speeding tickets from 2018, which i got dismissed after deferred disposition but i mentioned them on my application as was advised here. But because i had basically responded yes to the citation, found guilty, and deferred disposition questions, she said the system was showing it like i had 15 tickets. So she deleted them and told me i didn't even have to include them at all.

After that, she confirmed some of my other responses on my application. Then she told me i was getting approved and congratulated me. There were some uncomfortable long pauses in there, as she read through my application and the room was eerily quiet. She circled approved on a sheet of paper that was attached to my whole immigration file that they had. Then she started giving me information on the ceremony that she would try to get me in for Friday. As we were having that conversation, another officer walked in and said the cutoff time for the ceremony for this friday was 3:30. But he said the next one will be in February as well, possibly in two weeks and on a Friday. She told me not to get in trouble before my ceremony and then walked me out to the exit. I walked to my car, checked my status on the USCIS website and it already updated to "My Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled"

Congtatulations!

Did you finally have the oath scheduled sometime in Feb?

Just done with the interview and was told the oath will be in 2-3 months……

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Dongguo lee said:

Congtatulations!

Did you finally have the oath scheduled sometime in Feb?

Just done with the interview and was told the oath will be in 2-3 months……

Congratulations on getting the interview completed!

And yes i did, thankfully. I got the notice on 02/11, and my oath ceremony was scheduled for 02/25

N400

Filed Online : 06/02/2021

Receipt notice: 06/02/2021

Biometrics Reuse: 06/02/2021

Interview scheduled: 02/07/2022

Oath Ceremony: 02/25/2022 - Yay! 😊

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone, wondering if they checked your driving license at the interview and oath ceremony and if it matters that it is from a different state (?).

I moved from NY to TX and haven't changed my driving license yet. I have my interview scheduled April 19th and now I'm worried about my driving license not being from TX.

I'm changing my last name with my N400 application so I'd rather not have to visit the DMV twice (before interview and after interview).

Any advice is appreciated.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting back in case someone is on the same circumstances, I was able to just show passport and GC instead of State ID. 

November 5th 2021 - Filled out online N400 

December 2021         - Received letter that they would reuse my biometrics

March 3, 2022            - Received letter interview scheduled for April 19th 2022

April 19th, 2022         - Interviewed and approved! 

Oath (?)  -                    -  San Antonio TX office had same day oath but the deadline was 12pm (half an hour before I got approval 12:30pm) so I didn't make the cut.

Now waiting to receive letter for Oath Ceremony, does anyone know how long the wait can be? Officer told me I might get scheduled for May 25th in Austin

• 4 weeks later...

San Antonio TX Office

Interview April 19th

Quality Review message from April 19th to April 25th

April 25th message changed to oath ceremony has been scheduled and I should received letter within 30 days

May 4th got letter with oath ceremony date

May 13th Oath Ceremony

May 17th passport appointment at USPS

Finally my process is completed!! Woohoo!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 7/5/2022 at 2:32 PM, LirikVJUser said:

Was wondering if they can still approve I-751 before n-400 interview

It is possible to be approved without an interview but unlikely. Most likely outcome is a combo i751/n400 interview.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there!

San Antonio filer here under the 3 year rule with a pending I-751 SRC service.

Citizenship Timeline:

Local office: San Antonio, Texas

10. 29. - 2022 Filed online; case received

10. 30 - 2022 NOA 1 received &  Biometric Reused

10. 30 - 2022 Case being actively reviewed by USCIS

11. 02 - 2022 Form I-751 Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

Good luck everyone! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Filed for my wife recently out of the San Antonio FO

Oct 31st - submitted online, NOA, Biometric reuse, and case being actively reviewed by USCIS all on the same day

Estimated time for decision went from 17 months to 9 months, though I know this is not accurate, hopefully it is finished sooner!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.