LMDXB

K1 Visa Interview at US Embassy Abu Dhabi

363 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2019 at 1:12 AM, Fari Pari said:

Praying all goes well today at the interview. Best of luck :) 

So this is strange..he was told the medical was missing the vaccination record and so he went back to the hospital and got them same place he did his embassy medical and came back yesterday at 2pm as instructed in the paper given 2pm tues or Sunday 2pm. and left his passport and the medical vaccination paper as required. Now in the email there has been scheduled another in person follow up interview for 8 am on Sunday the 24th. I have no idea what he needs to bring.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:53 AM, Anna&eiad said:

I even forgot the time difference once on a Friday at 3am and had a super friendly American man answer lol

Very happy that things worked out for you both!  I never even thought to call the citizen services.  Wonder if it's a different number altogether.  I figured the number they give for immigration unit was just a main operator.  They never answered, ever...

Luckily, our issues weren't as serious as yours.

so he took back the medical vaccination paper and his passport today and we got an email say it Sunday he needs an in person follow up appointment. So still praying. Anyone heard of a follow up in person appointment? 

Just now, Anna&eiad said:

so he took back the medical vaccination paper and his passport today and we got an email say it Sunday he needs an in person follow up appointment. So still praying. Anyone heard of a follow up in person appointment? 

They scheduled Sunday 8 am and emailed this. But he said at the interview they said he was approved just to get the missing vaccination or paper from the abu Dhabi hospital where he did his medical. And gave him this checked on the 221g paper. They have his passport

Hi all, just joining this side. Just received notice visa is in transit to Abu Dhabi embassy. I tried searching the forum for an answer about this, but do we have to wait for the CEAC status to be ready to complete the ds160 or can we start that now? When can it be submitted? When can my fiance schedule a medical exam? And the wait for packet 3, anyway to expedite it by calling/emailing the embassy? Any recommended contact info? 

Sorry for the many questions. I couldn't find a clear outline for Abu Dhabi so wondering what people in similar situations did. 

Wishing everyone a fast visa!! Thank you! 

17 minutes ago, Hphelp said:

Hi all, just joining this side. Just received notice visa is in transit to Abu Dhabi embassy. I tried searching the forum for an answer about this, but do we have to wait for the CEAC status to be ready to complete the ds160 or can we start that now? When can it be submitted? When can my fiance schedule a medical exam? And the wait for packet 3, anyway to expedite it by calling/emailing the embassy? Any recommended contact info? 

Sorry for the many questions. I couldn't find a clear outline for Abu Dhabi so wondering what people in similar situations did. 

It took us from Dec. 13 case received at Abu Dhabi to Feb 4 to receive packet 3. Scheduled interview when case said ready on december 13. Interview Jan 15. Did medical almost 1500aed in Abu Dhabi Jan 8th, 2019. At interview denied entry and told to go home and wait for packet 3 email. Waited almost 1 month. Called and emailed all the time. Did not impact packet 3. Second interview scheduled Feb 13 after packet arrived Feb 4. Owner of his company held his passport. Missed interview. I called and reported what happened and begged for another interview. Received email saying interview rescheduled Feb 18,2019. At interview told apprived then when she opened medical, his vaccination card from jordan was not there. Given 221g paper with instructions to go get the 2 missing vaccines at the same Abu Dhabi hospital and return with passport on tues or sun at 2pm. Very next day was Tuesday. He traveled back from al ain and left passport and vaccination paper and told to wait 1 week. Same day I emailed asking for an update on case because he must give notice to his work. Same day an hour later received multiple emails stating he had a "follow up interview " at 8 am Feb 24. This is where we stand. Ceac website updated dates 3 times before packet 3 was received. 

26 minutes ago, Hphelp said:

Medical is only valid for 6 months. Wait. But gather police certificates..fill out the d's-160. Birth certificates. If you are philipino, cenomar.. Any divorces..they did take my affidavit of support and divorce decree and new passport  photosx2. Looked at relationship evidence and pictures but did not keep them. Took tax returns

1 hour ago, Hphelp said:

in abu dhabi USEM its important to wait for packet 3 before scheduling the interview because nobody knows the exact time when they will send it. some waited for 1 or 2 months, some 3 days or 2 weeks. its unpredictable. no packet 3 no interview and another payment to book again.

you can start filling up the ds 160 and do not submit it yet. submit it when you receive the packet 3 and at the same time book the interview. save the ds 160 application ID you will use that to retrieve the file. open the ds 160 again within 30 days.

I schedule my medical after i receive the packet 3. any way the hospital will ask you when is your interview and advise you when is the appropriate time.

there is no other way to expedite the packet 3. they will answer your email there is no vacant for local scheduling.

you can email them at AbuDhabiIV@state.gov

you can ask help here anytime

12 hours ago, j.b. said:

in abu dhabi USEM its important to wait for packet 3 before scheduling the interview because nobody knows the exact time when they will send it. some waited for 1 or 2 months, some 3 days or 2 weeks. its unpredictable. no packet 3 no interview and another payment to book again.

you can start filling up the ds 160 and do not submit it yet. submit it when you receive the packet 3 and at the same time book the interview. save the ds 160 application ID you will use that to retrieve the file. open the ds 160 again within 30 days.

I schedule my medical after i receive the packet 3. any way the hospital will ask you when is your interview and advise you when is the appropriate time.

there is no other way to expedite the packet 3. they will answer your email there is no vacant for local scheduling.

you can email them at AbuDhabiIV@state.gov

you can ask help here anytime

Thank you! What would he need to bring to the medical? He doesnt really have any previous medical records.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:06 PM, Anna&eiad said:

Anyone know anything about an in person floor up appointment at Abu Dhabi? Please share information

Autocorrect I mean follow up not floor up. And fyi thru all these interview even this one they scheduled I have only paid the 265 visa fee one time. Not any repayment.

15 minutes ago, Hphelp said:

Thank you! What would he need to bring to the medical? He doesnt really have any previous medical records.

Autocorrect I mean follow up not floor up. And fyi thru all these interview even this one they scheduled I have only paid the 265 visa fee one time. Not any repayment.

He needs 4 passport photos and emirates is and passport and up to 1500 add if he needs all the vaccinations 

On 2/18/2019 at 4:40 AM, Anna&eiad said:

I have seen other people they ask tax return for k1. But they also say you need bank statements and letter from employer. I did not provide the letter for the employer. As long as you provide proof of income that should be good.

They asked for my tax returns but no bank records. I included a statement from my job with current salary.

1 hour ago, GeeRaf said:

They asked for my tax returns but no bank records. I included a statement from my job with current salary.

Checked ceac says issued!!!

On 2/18/2019 at 1:12 AM, Fari Pari said:

Praying all goes well today at the interview. Best of luck :) 

2nd interview is 24 Feb. Checked ceac and now status changed to issued!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.