LMDXB

K1 Visa Interview at US Embassy Abu Dhabi

363 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Fari Pari said:

Again, I am sorry I know it is upsetting. I did not mean to offend you. I know working there is not the easiest thing since owners abuse the workers with unrealistic expectations. I pray that he will get his passport and you both are together soon.

Dont worry. I'm not offended I have been fighting all day. Long story but I have a contact in the embassy and have already gotten an email saying to reschedule and system should be open tomorrow and I will not have to pay the visa interview 265 again. And ive been on thephone to Jordan as I am close friends with the owner of the company's in laws.. Very complicated but they will help me. I spend holidays at their house

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

Dont worry. I'm not offended I have been fighting all day. Long story but I have a contact in the embassy and have already gotten an email saying to reschedule and system should be open tomorrow and I will not have to pay the visa interview 265 again. And ive been on thephone to Jordan as I am close friends with the owner of the company's in laws.. Very complicated but they will help me. I spend holidays at their house

Good for you! And I would contact labor work force of UAE it is against the law to withhold someone’s passport no matter which passport they carry they are not allowed! Wishing you the best of luck with everything!!!

2 minutes ago, VickeySis said:

Good for you! And I would contact labor work force of UAE it is against the law to withhold someone’s passport no matter which passport they carry they are not allowed! Wishing you the best of luck with everything!!!

Thank you. Everything happens as it will. The owner tried to smooth things and given him a cash bonus today. Still fighting for the passport. And I got emails from the embassy saying I can reschedule without paying the 265 again. Still happy about that. Just need the passport now

2 hours ago, VickeySis said:

We will do nothing until we know the next interview date and time 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

Thank you. Everything happens as it will. The owner tried to smooth things and given him a cash bonus today. Still fighting for the passport. And I got emails from the embassy saying I can reschedule without paying the 265 again. Still happy about that. Just need the passport now

Good for you all! 

4 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

We will do nothing until we know the next interview date and time 

Don’t blame you there! This is one of the many reasons we moved our case from UAE to my husband then fiancés home country. Best of luck

4 hours ago, VickeySis said:

Good for you all! 

Don’t blame you there! This is one of the many reasons we moved our case from UAE to my husband then fiancés home country. Best of luck

they shouldnt withhold anything that didnt belong to them. well if it can be fix in a smooth way its better and to resign with good relationship with the employer. 

just sharing my friend's situation before when the company didnt not give all her documents that belong to her, and the company was so difficult to deal. my friend went back to the compny accompanied by police so the company give the documents. But its better to avoid any scenario like that. 

Hoping this will all be fixed.

16 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

Prayers needed please. Embassy scheduled and sent us an email. Interview Monday. Still need passport. 

And can not reschedule so this is our last chance for this k1 application is to get the visa. There is no smooth way anymore. Found out when he went to municipality that the system shows the owner of the company did NOT renew his work and residency visa on Jan 30th and the owner now says he does not have the passport that he took it to the office that renews the work and residency visa. Blamed it on one of my fiancee secretaries. He has two, saying one did not take the passport to renew when she was told to do so over 2 weeks ago. Still we are asking for prayers of any kind to resolve and get the passport in time

11 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

And can not reschedule so this is our last chance for this k1 application is to get the visa. There is no smooth way anymore. Found out when he went to municipality that the system shows the owner of the company did NOT renew his work and residency visa on Jan 30th and the owner now says he does not have the passport that he took it to the office that renews the work and residency visa. Blamed it on one of my fiancee secretaries. He has two, saying one did not take the passport to renew when she was told to do so over 2 weeks ago. Still we are asking for prayers of any kind to resolve and get the passport in time

If they renew the visa the applicant will undergo medical again for the new to be issued and it includes new emirates id.

the HR or the PRO are the responsible person who hold the passports.

it means if the visa will end jan 30 your fiance can stay in UAE until March 1,2019 ( 30days grace period). 

2 hours ago, j.b. said:

If they renew the visa the applicant will undergo medical again for the new to be issued and it includes new emirates id.

the HR or the PRO are the responsible person who hold the passports.

it means if the visa will end jan 30 your fiance can stay in UAE until March 1,2019 ( 30days grace period). 

Yes I know dear. He gave them his passport Jan 27 to renew and had done the medical Jan 24. And still trying to get and find the passport . interview in 2 days. 

On 2/12/2019 at 11:33 PM, Anna&eiad said:

Missed the interview the owner kept his passport out of spite. 

I hate that this happened. Were you able to reschedule? 

11 minutes ago, GeeRaf said:

I hate that this happened. Were you able to reschedule? 

Found a new friend inside the embassy that just moved from texas (where I live) and have been loads of help. After fighting..Passport in hand and in less than 2 hours an interview is scheduled at any dhabi. 

3 minutes ago, Anna&eiad said:

Found a new friend inside the embassy that just moved from texas (where I live) and have been loads of help. After fighting..Passport in hand and in less than 2 hours an interview is scheduled at any dhabi. 

This is fantastic good luck. That Texas connect is an awesome person. They helped out a lot when a friend has a serious challenge there. 

Just now, GeeRaf said:

This is fantastic good luck. That Texas connect is an awesome person. They helped out a lot when a friend has a serious challenge there. 

And I didn't have to pay another interview fee. It was a blessing to find a nice person so willing to help. This person works in citizen services and would walk over to immigrant visa services and ask them to look at my email and help get me a 3rd appointment. This one I didnt even schedule just got a friendly email from the embassy saying simply, "good morning. You have an appointment at 8 am Feb 18. " and the got 4 other emails from the usvisainfo and us citizen services . Now just to make it thru the interview. Here's praying.

4 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

And I didn't have to pay another interview fee. It was a blessing to find a nice person so willing to help. This person works in citizen services and would walk over to immigrant visa services and ask them to look at my email and help get me a 3rd appointment. This one I didnt even schedule just got a friendly email from the embassy saying simply, "good morning. You have an appointment at 8 am Feb 18. " and the got 4 other emails from the usvisainfo and us citizen services . Now just to make it thru the interview. Here's praying.

Praying all goes well today at the interview. Best of luck :) 

06/07/19 - We became ONE!!! Court Wedding 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

07/13/19 - AOS Packet Mailed ✉️

07/14/19 - AOS Received 📫

07/20/19 - NOA1 Date 😊

08/08/19 - Biometric Appointment 🖐️

09/12/19 - REF for Birth Certificate 😓

09/17/19 - Sent in BC again with educational secondary evidence 😰

09/23/19 - REF Received 😩

01/27/20 - Case status changed to ready to schedule interview 😍

03/05/20 - Interview Date Approved ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.