heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2018 at 10:22 AM, Sophia2018 said:

Just called in USCIS customer service to ask about biometric appointment.  My package was delivered on April 9th and  Notice date was May 22nd. I'm going to be out of the country in 4 weeks and stay out of the country for 3 weeks. I really don't want to miss the appointment. The girl confirmed all my information and asked if I have received NOA for biometric appointment. I said no and this is why I'm calling. She said it has been more than 30 days since they send me the notice (extension letter) and I still hasn't received my biometric appointment, so she will put in an service request for me. She did all her thing and gave me an confirmation number and asked me to wait 15 to 30 days. She definitely sounded like she was following instructions on how to handle my type of case. I didn't speak with any tire 2 officer at all. I'll call in again in 2 weeks if I haven't received anything by then. I will also make an infopass appointment with my local office in 3 weeks just in case.

I also asked her if I will receive an 18 months extension letter in mail. She said I would have to make an infopass appointment and obtain the letter from them in person. 

Just want to provide a follow up here. I went to an Infopass appointment on 7/31 to try to get a stamp and a biometric  appointment. The officer basically told me that I'm worrying too much about the whole thing. He said cases are backed up and it takes a long time to get the biometric appointment NOA, also that I may not even need one since I'm a I-751 case. He said even I received the NOA while I'm out of the country, I can still reschedule it following the instruction on the NOA, as long as someone is helping me checking the mail and respond in time. (He suggested me write up an letter before I leave for my vacation and put down preferred date and signature and put the letter in the mail as long as the NOA). Even if I don't reschedule by mail, I can still schedule an Infopass appointment again and they can reschedule for me then. I also asked for the stamp, and the officer said that the extension letter along with expired green card and passport is enough for traveling. He also mentioned they can only issue stamps 1 month before the green card or the extension letter expire. (My GC expired in June.) He asked me to come back May 2019 to get a stamp if I haven't received a new green card by then. By the end, he typed up a document with all that we discussed during the appointment and asked me to keep that as reference.

During the whole conversation,  the office is really relax. He even picked up a phone call to his personal cellphone. I think what you get out of an Infopass appointment is totally vary from officer to officer. He did look up my account and was able to see all actions that happened on my case. He said there was no action about biometric at all, and CSC sent out an followup letter for my previous phone call (quoted above). I received the letter the same day, and it says the processing time for i-751 cases are way above normal time, also they may use my previous biometric info. The letter also give out steps to reschedule the biometric appointment, and says the reschedule has to happen in 87 days from the date on the NOA.

Now I just need to write up the reschedule letter, and explain to my husband's uncle step by step on how to respond to the NOA if I get any, and go to my trip trying not to worry too much.

Edited by Sophia2018

I filed my I-751 in April 2018 and received I-797 on 5/23/2018. I am still waiting for my biometrics appointment letter. My question is regarding I-797 letter which I have received. The letter shows petitioner and beneficiary as the same person that is my wife (who is a conditional green card holder). Is it supposed to be the same person's name or different?

Filed: Timeline
57 minutes ago, RickyP said:

I filed my I-751 in April 2018 and received I-797 on 5/23/2018. I am still waiting for my biometrics appointment letter. My question is regarding I-797 letter which I have received. The letter shows petitioner and beneficiary as the same person that is my wife (who is a conditional green card holder). Is it supposed to be the same person's name or different?

Yes this is fine .

Filed: Timeline

Okay here is my recent experience :

filed my application at CSC in mid April.

recieved NOA in end of the May.

After that no information on bio metrics .

I called in July first week for the update . Didn’t get transferred to second level but the person was very helpful and request is created to look into my case .

towards end of July received another letter saying applications are backed log and expect a delay .

also they might use previous biometrics information .

summary : just hang in there and no need to panic . Someone posted that cases are being transferred to another center to help processing time so  things will move soon.

goodluck !

Further data point regards travel overseas...

I just spent a lovely two weeks in Italy with my wife, and returned Rome to Newark. No issues at all travelling with expired GC, passport and i-797 original.

Additionally, I just waltzed past everyone in the (fairly long) line for the computers at Newark, and went straight to a desk. Was through in 20 seconds with no questions asked. I have Global Entry (now useless), but that wasn't even brought up.

Edited by jeffenburg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, jeffenburg said:

Further data point regards travel overseas...

I just spent a lovely two weeks in Italy with my wife, and returned Rome to Newark. No issues at all travelling with expired GC, passport and i-797 original.

Additionally, I just waltzed past everyone in the (fairly long) line for the computers at Newark, and went straight to a desk. Was through in 20 seconds with no questions asked. I have Global Entry (now useless), but that wasn't even brought up.

Which desk did you go to? I also have GE; I land in JFK - I plan to head straight to Global Entry and act like I'm not aware Global Entry is in limbo status. i'll even take Global Entry card with me which shows still valid.

Edited by sharin

N-400 Application Timeline :

Application sent via mail - April 15th  (Field office Dallas, TX)

NOA Receipt date - April 17th

Biometrics receipt - April 22th (appointment scheduled for May 14th)

Biometrics completed - May 7th (Early Walk-in)

Interview scheduled notification - November 12th (via email - waiting to receive letter in mail for actual Interview date)

Interview completed & Case approved - November 17th

Naturalization Ceremony (in January 2020 - waiting on notice)

43 minutes ago, sharin said:

Which desk did you go to? I also have GE; I land in JFK - I plan to head straight to Global Entry and act like I'm not aware Global Entry is in limbo status. i'll even take Global Entry card with me which shows still valid.

I went towards with GE kiosks with my wife, who also has GE. From there, I went to the left ,to the desks that had 2-3 people lined up at each - pretty much next to GE.

No idea where the line was for those desks, but I was easily able to just file in without anyone noticing 😁

Not sure this is foolproof method, but if I had been seen and brought aside I would've shown GE card and expired GC. I'm not waiting in line when I shouldn't have to.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, jeffenburg said:

I went towards with GE kiosks with my wife, who also has GE. From there, I went to the left ,to the desks that had 2-3 people lined up at each - pretty much next to GE.

No idea where the line was for those desks, but I was easily able to just file in without anyone noticing 😁

Not sure this is foolproof method, but if I had been seen and brought aside I would've shown GE card and expired GC. I'm not waiting in line when I shouldn't have to.

Exactly - We already paid for my expedited immigration; there is no reason to stand in-line.

N-400 Application Timeline :

Application sent via mail - April 15th  (Field office Dallas, TX)

NOA Receipt date - April 17th

Biometrics receipt - April 22th (appointment scheduled for May 14th)

Interview scheduled notification - November 12th (via email - waiting to receive letter in mail for actual Interview date)

Interview completed & Case approved - November 17th

Naturalization Ceremony (in January 2020 - waiting on notice)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 7/30/2018 at 1:41 PM, Amadia said:

Hi,

What site are you using to check your status?

There is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov and then there is the old site with limited/no information https://egov.uscis.gov 

Wow, I was using the old site and nothing was showing up.  Thanks!

Here's my history.  Are people expecting roughly 18 months for completion?  This would put us near Sep 2019.  

• May 8, 2018 - We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case
  • March 13, 2018 - We received your biometrics fee and will begin processing your case
  • March 13, 2018 - We received your case

11 minutes ago, AboveBeyond said:

Wow, I was using the old site and nothing was showing up.  Thanks!

That is correct and you are welcomed. 😊

It works for some members just not all. The new site is better as well.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I just have a concern that I would like to clear here.

I filled my I-751 in April 2018. Got my biometrics done, received I-797 notice for an year extension which clearly states allowed travel and work until june 2019.

For a safer side, I got my passport stamped as I am travelling to India.

Will my travel be safe? What documents do I carry with me as my green card is no more with me. Field officer took it while stamping my passport.

Please help!

Hi all,

I filled my I-751 in April 2018. Got my biometrics done, received I-797 notice for an year extension which clearly states allowed travel and work until june 2019.

Will my travel be safe? What documents do I carry with me as my green card is no more with me. Field officer took it while stamping my passport.

Please help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, HinaWadhwa24 said:

Hi all,

Please help!

Hi all,

Please help!

i am April 2017 filler !! i went to india last year on extenstion letter. NO PROBLEM. 

Make sure you have expired green card along with vaild extension letter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, sukhpal said:

i am April 2017 filler !! i went to india last year on extenstion letter. NO PROBLEM. 

Make sure you have expired green card along with vaild extension letter.

I donot have my green card with me. The USCIS field officer took it when I got my passport stamped.

I do have the extension letter though and the stamp in my passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, HinaWadhwa24 said:

I donot have my green card with me. The USCIS field officer took it when I got my passport stamped.

I do have the extension letter though and the stamp in my passport

You are fine!!  do not take stress. both are acting as green card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.