dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, ajw&bmw said:

Hi everyone--I have a question:

My joint sponsor & I prepared our I-864 forms at the end of February just to be prepared for when NVC was ready for those forms...and I just discovered they released a newer I-864 now that says expires 3/31/2020.

So, I'm redoing those forms.

My question is, am I allowed to fill out my joint sponsors I-864 and just have him sign it?

I just feel bad asking him to fill it out all over again, and he's a truck driver so he's rarely home/has limited free time...if he has to do it himself again we'll make it work, I just hate that they released a new form right after we filled out the previous one.

Thanks for any help

yes, you ca fill it out and have him sign it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Happy new month everyone! Hopefully I get a case number and case complete this month. Hoping for a fast process. Tomorrow will be 5weeks at NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys I’m still waiting on my welcome letter so I’m going to look about my police certificate on Tuesday which takes 21 working days to get I want to know if 21 days will be too long or late by time I’m ready to send It with the documents Or u would recommend to do the 5 working days one which would cost more ? Please .

1 hour ago, crissyfisher said:

Hey guys I’m still waiting on my welcome letter so I’m going to look about my police certificate on Tuesday which takes 21 working days to get I want to know if 21 days will be too long or late by time I’m ready to send It with the documents Or u would recommend to do the 5 working days one which would cost more ? Please .

when you say you're waiting on your welcome letter you mean you just got your NOA2, your documents have been sent to NVC, NVC has received your documents or a case number has already been assigned and you're just waiting to sign in? whichever stage you're at will influence how quickly you need it.

Timeline
Just now, Meno said:

when you say you're waiting on your welcome letter you mean you just got your NOA2, your documents have been sent to NVC, NVC has received your documents or a case number has already been assigned and you're just waiting to sign in? whichever stage you're at will influence how quickly you need it.

Thanks for reply I already get my case number but I’m not able to do anything until I get welcome letter. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Meno said:

the the welcome letter usually comes within a week.

After I choose the agent then pay the fees about how long will it take before im to send in the documents?

Just now, crissyfisher said:

After I choose the agent then pay the fees about how long will it take before im to send in the documents?

about another week to two weeks depending on how quickly you work. When you choose your agent, call and have them review it over the phone. the other fee usually doesn't open up unless it is reviewed. and when you pay the second fee can take up to a week to clear for the IV application to open up.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Meno said:

about another week to two weeks depending on how quickly you work. When you choose your agent, call and have them review it over the phone. the other fee usually doesn't open up unless it is reviewed. and when you pay the second fee can take up to a week to clear for the IV application to open up.

Ok thank u very very helpful ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
57 minutes ago, SME2017 said:

What photographs are we supposed to submit to NVC

I don’t think you submit any photographs to NVC. Proof of relationship is submitted to USCiS and taken to the interview. If you’re submiting online, it should tell you exactly what to submit once you pay the fees etc.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
1 hour ago, Meno said:

Will nvc need a copy of my passport even if I already send a copy to USCIS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.