AskerBRfromAZ

New Processing Times System on USCIS Website

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Raymond_CA said:

Hey Mmagic,

I am also from LA and filed my I485 on end of July. Have you contacted the congressman? Have you tried other options? Please let me know. I am also frustrated ...
Thanks

My congressman so far did not reply to my inquiries online, three emails so far and the phone is not picked up. I give up on him. I am just going to wait it out and see. I am not really concerned about getting an interview. We have the work permit and in three months will renew it. Same goes for Advance Parole. If I understand it correctly, if, after 2 years of waiting for an interview, they will automatically grant the Green Card.  We are in the 9.5 months and will see if the 10.5 to 24.5-month waiting will work or not. I will keep you posted...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/22/2018 at 5:11 PM, AskerBRfromAZ said:

So, is this new system accurate for the family-based I-485?

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

If I understood it correctly, for my office, it could take up to 23.5 months to be approved!! That would mean that I have to wait until April 2019 (!!) to even make a case inquiry!

I hope I'm wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

I am in Los Angeles County, California, and it is gonna take between 12- 30 months for cases to be done.. I don't think this new update is helping in any way. I felt what should have been done along side this, should be the regular monthly update and giving us the Month they worked on in that update. With this new process, we don't have idea on what month they have worked on. This is never accurate and I think it's a way for them not to be on top of their job and to cover up the delay from them

Edited by peeroh
I added to the comment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, peeroh said:

I am in Los Angeles County, California, and it is gonna take between 12- 30 months for cases to be done.. I don't think this new update is helping in any way. I felt what should have been done along side this, should be the regular monthly update and giving us the Month they worked on in that update. With this new process, we don't have idea on what month they have worked on. This is never accurate and I think it's a way for them not to be on top of their job and to cover up the delay from them

Yep. But let's give this system one more month to see what happens. Because for now it's not worth for anything.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

Yep. But let's give this system one more month to see what happens. Because for now it's not worth for anything.

I agreed with what you said, it is still in pilot-test stage and I strong belief that they will be criticized for this. It's too hidden for applicants to have an idea of the process.

In February, my wife and I booked an appointment with the field office. On getting there, we presented all the necessary documents, and the office responded; we don't even have your case with us here. I asked him why? He said we are still working on those who submitted before you and we can't request for your file until we have a date for interview. Just to let you know I filled in June 2017.

Edited by peeroh
Correction

Timeline
6 minutes ago, peeroh said:

I agreed with what you said, it is still in pilot-test stage and I strong belief that they will be criticized for this. It's too hidden for applicants to have an idea of the process.

In February, my wife and I booked an appointment with the field office. On getting there, we presented all the necessary documents, and the office responded; we don't even have your case with us here. I asked him why? He said we are still working on those who submitted before you and we can't request for your file until we have a date for interview. Just to let you know I filled in June 2017.

I filed it in April 2017, lol. Well, now that I have the EAD and SSC I can do almost anything I would do with a Green Card in hand. Eventually things will progress.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/23/2018 at 10:24 AM, Mmagic said:

Yeah, I am in San Fernando Valley, CA. Estimate range is 10.5 to 25.5 months from date USCIS received the case. Meaning, 50% will be approved within the 10.5 months and 93% will be approved by the 25.5 months. 

Our case was mailed on 5/31/2017 and was received on 6/14/2017. We are in the 9.5-month range. We will wait and see.

Been trying to schedule INFO PASS appointment but keep getting "none available for next 14 days, try again tomorrow"

What gets me is many I-485 cases were approved in less than 6 months and received their green card in Los Angeles area with later dates than ours. 

Glad to see someone else from SFV... I'm a bit nervous as well. Filed in July 2017 and have been ready to be scheduled for an interview since August and when I saw the processing times I almost choked. I'm on the 9 month period of waiting.

I'm also trying to schedule an Infopass but the USCIS website is not letting me. I wonder if it will help at all with getting answers on the case :(

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

Timeline
59 minutes ago, izavox said:

Glad to see someone else from SFV... I'm a bit nervous as well. Filed in July 2017 and have been ready to be scheduled for an interview since August and when I saw the processing times I almost choked. I'm on the 9 month period of waiting.

I'm also trying to schedule an Infopass but the USCIS website is not letting me. I wonder if it will help at all with getting answers on the case :(

A friend whose case was received July 3rd 2017, received an update on his I-485 on the April 6th that he has been scheduled for an interview and should wait for his letter in the Mail. He's in Santa Ana field office, California

Timeline
2 minutes ago, peeroh said:

A friend whose case was received July 3rd 2017, received an update on his I-485 on the April 6th that he has been scheduled for an interview and should wait for his letter in the Mail. He's in Santa Ana field office, California

Santa Ana's processing times are a slightly shorter than SFV but still, this is good indication that they are working on 2017 cases and not focuses on 2016 ones :) 

ROC:

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

On 3/22/2018 at 8:40 PM, AskerBRfromAZ said:

First, thank you for the info @azblk! And congrats for being called on for the interview!

Oh, yeah. We did file it in April 2017! My EAD was just approved and mailed to me this March! 

And we did like you, triple checked everything. No RFEs asked until now.

My EAD was just approved and mailed to me this March! 

Good gos, your EAD took 11 months?!?!?! I just posted my own thread ranting about how long they're taking. I'm just glad you got your EAD

Timeline
23 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Good gos, your EAD took 11 months?!?!?! I just posted my own thread ranting about how long they're taking. I'm just glad you got your EAD

Yep! 

I'm betting that my interview will take at least a couple more months to be scheduled.

Timeline
On 4/13/2018 at 4:31 PM, izavox said:

I am just going to ride it out. I found out that they have our case but has not be assigned to an officer yet. I am not going to stress all about it and let them take their time. As long as I have my Employment and AP card, it's all good, for now. 

Timeline
On 4/15/2018 at 7:01 AM, Mmagic said:

I am just going to ride it out. I found out that they have our case but has not be assigned to an officer yet. I am not going to stress all about it and let them take their time. As long as I have my Employment and AP card, it's all good, for now. 

Yeah :) Just worried about having to go through the process of renewing my AP and EAD, but I agree, it's just a matter of patience. :)

ROC:

July 11th 2017 - PD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys, i know this may be a silly question. I just want to make sure i'm understanding the posted processing times correctly.

Question: So for Orlando office, it says they're processing applications between 7.5 months to 16.5 months but there is a time range posted below that says Processing time for Family based applications will be between 12.5 months to 22months? So I'm assuming since i'm family based application, i won't hear anything until after my October file date correct? 

image.png.27b48396370c36a43cff140b4beceb34.png

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

Timeline
5 hours ago, shakeyy said:

hey guys, i know this may be a silly question. I just want to make sure i'm understanding the posted processing times correctly.

Question: So for Orlando office, it says they're processing applications between 7.5 months to 16.5 months but there is a time range posted below that says Processing time for Family based applications will be between 12.5 months to 22months? So I'm assuming since i'm family based application, i won't hear anything until after my October file date correct? 

Yes, the family-based one will take from 12.5 (50% accuracy) to 22 (90% accuracy) months. That's what their system says, but many people's cases seem to be going even faster than the minimal time given for their local office. (In your case here, 12.5 months).

Edited by AskerBRfromAZ

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/26/2018 at 2:17 PM, Raymond_CA said:

Hey Mmagic,

I am also from LA and filed my I485 on end of July. Have you contacted the congressman? Have you tried other options? Please let me know. I am also frustrated ...
Thanks

Raymond, we just got the status changed to 

On May 3, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. 

hopefully, yours will follow. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.