John & Rose

Passport Photos

19 posts in this topic

On the instructions from VisaConnection one area says we need 3 passport photos (2 for visa and 1 for medical) but the medical page say bring 4 to medical.  How many do we really need?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

On the instructions from VisaConnection one area says we need 3 passport photos (2 for visa and 1 for medical) but the medical page say bring 4 to medical.  How many do we really need?

I would just bring 4 just in case. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. 

1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I would just bring 4 just in case. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. 

So a total of 7 just in case?  That works for me.  This is moving so fast now.  NVC received it and assigned the number today!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

So a total of 7 just in case?  That works for me.  This is moving so fast now.  NVC received it and assigned the number today!

Yep we even took some at the the embassy just in case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

4 during medical, and 1 during interview. (I brought 2 during interview, but they only asked for 1). Total, just prepare 6

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

1 hour ago, delish said:

I brought 8 all in all just to be safe. 

Good plan.  That is what we will do.  Better to have extras than to have one too few!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

It states 4 on visaconnection-philippines.        http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

The embassy instructions letter states to bring 3  ... but SLEC doesn't care.  ;)  

And yes still bring a couple to the interview   Embassy does ask for them 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

It states 4 on visaconnection-philippines.        http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

The embassy instructions letter states to bring 3  ... but SLEC doesn't care.  ;)  

And yes still bring a couple to the interview   Embassy does ask for them 

Thanks Hank. Just trying to get a handle on what is going on. It is moving so fast I need to take a breath and regroup a little. This is a little different than USCIS where we waited 275 days. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
22 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Thanks Hank. Just trying to get a handle on what is going on. It is moving so fast I need to take a breath and regroup a little. This is a little different than USCIS where we waited 275 days. 

Follow the process on visaconnection  you can be done in a blink if you so choose.  :lol:      Every step of the process is linked and has its own page

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Follow the process on visaconnection  you can be done in a blink if you so choose.  :lol:      Every step of the process is linked and has its own page

VisaConnection is amazing.  Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience.  It is absolutely invaluable.  Now I am checking it every day to make sure I am confident in what I am doing.  We found a bug in the visa payment receipt most likely due to Safari.  When I create the PDF to send to Rose Acrobat (or Safari) added a bunch of digits.  I was able to get around that by choosing "print" and then exporting as PDF.  It was weird and we didn't notice until Rose was at the bank just before it went offline.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

VisaConnection is amazing.  Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience.  It is absolutely invaluable.  Now I am checking it every day to make sure I am confident in what I am doing.  We found a bug in the visa payment receipt most likely due to Safari.  When I create the PDF to send to Rose Acrobat (or Safari) added a bunch of digits.  I was able to get around that by choosing "print" and then exporting as PDF.  It was weird and we didn't notice until Rose was at the bank just before it went offline.

Leave it to Apple to have attitude!  :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Leave it to Apple to have attitude!  :lol:  

It was an easy fix but annoying none the less.  I was trying to figure out what she was talking about because I only saw the 9 digit number.  What she got had 18 and it wasn't just the 9 repeated...

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.