Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Curve said:

This was my timeline:

My interview was Feb 28, Got the email about oath scheduled on 3/8 (letter didn't post till 3/11), oath was 4/11.

I understand the disappointment, but having an earlier appointment doesn't mean you'll have the same day oath.  Mine was at 8AM and unfortunately I got a junior officer who couldn't approve the same day oath. 

Same day oath won’t happen in my case, I just hope it is not too far away, because I do have travel plans later in late December and early January. Arrgghh this is stressful. I just got on the phone with a tier 2 officer she said it would be a combo interview 

21 minutes ago, Seattle_ite said:

Happened to a close friend of mine too. They will ask you what dates you can come in for the oath. You get to pick and choose. 

Really can we pick a date to come in for the oath? I thought we don’t get to choose. When did your friend apply and was it in the Seattle office?

23 minutes ago, Seattle_ite said:

Happened to a close friend of mine too. They will ask you what dates you can come in for the oath. You get to pick and choose. 

They do? I guess that makes sense if the officer is able to approve, and it’s too late for a same day. 

5 minutes ago, Felicie said:

Same day oath won’t happen in my case, I just hope it is not too far away, because I do have travel plans later in late December and early January. Arrgghh this is stressful. I just got on the phone with a tier 2 officer she said it would be a combo interview 

Really can we pick a date to come in for the oath? I thought we don’t get to choose. When did your friend apply and was it in the Seattle office?

Yes! It was the Seattle office and my friend was traveling too in late December.

14 hours ago, Felicie said:

So I get scheduled for Dec 9th at 2:30pm. It is sad, because same day ceremony is not going to happen. After the interview, in your experience, how long did it take you to get the oath? 

Congrats! So did your I751 get approved before you get scheduled?

Edited by washingtonian

On 11/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, Felicie said:

My status changed to interview scheduled guys!!!! Yayyyy

Congrats!

There's still no status update for my cases.

I'm also a joint filer. 

I-751 receipt date: June 2017

N-400 receipt date: July 2018

Estimated completion time for N-400 used to be October 2019 now there's no dates anymore from USCIS website.

Ant other joint filer can share your status here?

36 minutes ago, cttd said:

Congrats!

There's still no status update for my cases.

I'm also a joint filer. 

Estimated completion time for N-400 used to be October 2019 now there's no dates anymore from USCIS website.

Ant other joint filer can share your status here?

I-751: June 2017

N-400: April 2018

No estimate date anymore.. 

Though it's probably worth noting that I filed in MN, moved to Seattle and transferred December 2018. 

*sigh*

On 11/5/2019 at 2:52 PM, Curve said:

This was my timeline:

My interview was Feb 28, Got the email about oath scheduled on 3/8 (letter didn't post till 3/11), oath was 4/11.

I understand the disappointment, but having an earlier appointment doesn't mean you'll have the same day oath.  Mine was at 8AM and unfortunately I got a junior officer who couldn't approve the same day oath. 

Did they give you the oath letter at the interview, or did they tell you to go home and wait for the oath date to be posted? 

I am so worry about this interview. It looks like a lot of combo filers like me (that filed before me) were not scheduled and had to wait forever. I want to know if the N-400 interview that I get is good. It's such a stressful journey I just want to get it done and get it over with. Not having a green card and having to wait for this isn't fun. Not at all. 

9 minutes ago, Felicie said:

Did they give you the oath letter at the interview, or did they tell you to go home and wait for the oath date to be posted? 

I am so worry about this interview. It looks like a lot of combo filers like me (that filed before me) were not scheduled and had to wait forever. I want to know if the N-400 interview that I get is good. It's such a stressful journey I just want to get it done and get it over with. Not having a green card and having to wait for this isn't fun. Not at all. 

I had to wait for them to upload it and  then I got a copy in the mail.  Sounds like if it's not a jr officer you can get your letter before you leave though... which is awesome. Easier said than done, but try not to stress out about the wait... things will work out in the end.

33 minutes ago, Dani N said:

I-751: June 2017

N-400: April 2018

No estimate date anymore.. 

Though it's probably worth noting that I filed in MN, moved to Seattle and transferred December 2018. 

*sigh*

April 2018? That is outside the processing time for N400s in Seattle. Have you submitted a service request for outside normal processing time?

Edited by Curve

5 minutes ago, Curve said:

April 2018? That is outside the processing time for N400s in Seattle. Have you submitted a service request for outside normal processing time?

I submitted a request for I 751 last week but others said that they did the same and never got a response. 

N400 processing date at Seattle office is April 4th, 2018. Mine is April 30th so I plan to wait a little longer before submitting a service request. 

59 minutes ago, Dani N said:

I submitted a request for I 751 last week but others said that they did the same and never got a response. 

N400 processing date at Seattle office is April 4th, 2018. Mine is April 30th so I plan to wait a little longer before submitting a service request. 

Ok, cool... good luck, hopefully you hear back soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 11/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, RKX1101 said:

I'm in king county so no chance of transfer. I'm stuck with Seattle lol.

The transfers were based on East or South of Seattle, not county. I live in Bellevue (King County) and got transferred to Yakima.

11 hours ago, Curve said:

I had to wait for them to upload it and  then I got a copy in the mail.  Sounds like if it's not a jr officer you can get your letter before you leave though... which is awesome. Easier said than done, but try not to stress out about the wait... things will work out in the end.

Thank you! I just got a notice from the Ombudsman office that said my i751 will be processed at the time of my N400 interview. 

So finger crossed, hope everything is O.K 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, cttd said:

That is painful... According to VJ's timeline they are currently interviewing people who filed in Aug 2018. So that's about 15 months for the whole journey. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.