CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country:
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sam Kam said:

Spoke to a good rep today. He told me that for you, your local office needs to schedule interview. It's on their plate. It's so frustrating when everything is done and detroit is sending interviews without any regards for who filed when. There are few more folks who filed after me and they got their interview scheduled.

My guess is that after your background checks, each case is assigned an officer. The interview scheduling timeline depends on what pace the officer operates. Some officers are quick to adjudicate cases while others take time.

1 minute ago, pran34 said:

My guess is that after your background checks, each case is assigned an officer. The interview scheduling timeline depends on what pace the officer operates. Some officers are quick to adjudicate cases while others take time.

I hope it is not like that. If someone is discriminating by not scheduling interviews for certain group of people, you would never know and the abuse of power will continue. 

Any updates for anyone? I get the no case status updates available message on the .gov website when checking online. Any insight on whether such a thing has ever happened before? We did not bother calling them to enquire but may try on Monday. Thanks for any input guys!

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Any updates for anyone? I get the no case status updates available message on the .gov website when checking online. Any insight on whether such a thing has ever happened before? We did not bother calling them to enquire but may try on Monday. Thanks for any input guys!

No updates here. Although I filed much later than you (5/27). I also get case status error on the uscis website "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact ....." Looks like this is a system glitch as other members also see the same status.

Looking at the recent interview updates from other members, I think you should be next in line for an interview because everyone before you has got their interview scheduled. But you never know how uscis operates.

4 minutes ago, pran34 said:

No updates here. Although I filed much later than you (5/27). I also get case status error on the uscis website "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact ....." Looks like this is a system glitch as other members also see the same status.

Looking at the recent interview updates from other members, I think you should be next in line for an interview because everyone before you has got their interview scheduled. But you never know how uscis operates.

Thank you so much for your input! I really hope so! ROC April filers had a bunch.of their cases transferred to TSC or VSC. I was hoping ours would too but no such luck! I hope we all hear the good news  soon,  like maybe before today evening?that would be awesome!!!!.

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

5 minutes ago, pran34 said:

Oh also do you have ROC pending?

Anne of Green Gables.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Oh also do you have ROC pending?

No. I have an employment based GC and I applied on the 5 year rule.

Not sure how it works when you have a ROC pending. Do they scrutinize the applications more? I hope they adjudicate it together to move cases faster.

2 hours ago, pran34 said:

No. I have an employment based GC and I applied on the 5 year rule.

Not sure how it works when you have a ROC pending. Do they scrutinize the applications more? I hope they adjudicate it together to move cases faster.

I see, well I don't really understand whats going on.April ROC folks had cases transferred to TSC or VSC but ours is still at CSC, yay!!! Detroit seems to randomly be pulling out cases for interviewing. Its frustrating but got to keep the faith  that all in good time. Hope you hear some good news soon.

Anne of Green Gables.

5 hours ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Thank you so much for your input! I really hope so! ROC April filers had a bunch.of their cases transferred to TSC or VSC. I was hoping ours would too but no such luck! I hope we all hear the good news  soon,  like maybe before today evening?that would be awesome!!!!.

Don't worry about that status. Even I was excited as I thought something is finally happening with my case. And within few minutes saw everyone reporting this on all immigration forums for N-400. Back to waiting...lol

I know!!! Igot so excited as well but you know what? I will take a glitch over nothing in the silly hope that the process may be moving along. A while later I am going to say, I d rather not have any glitches until the good news happena for real. Ahhh the fun!!!!

Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guinea
Timeline

I had reported earlier in the thread that I had gotten my interview notice on June 25th, and I applied in late December 2017 and did my Biometrics in early January. My interview was conducted for yesterday, July 30th. I was approved, and just placed in line for my oath. The processing time for the Detroit office was recently dramatically reduced. I believe that it went from 12-14 months to something like 4-12 months. So you may be hearing back from them sooner than later.

Edited by gnakr

Citizenship Journey:

(Month 1)-   N-400 sent: 12/20/17

(Month 2)-   Fingerprints: 01/11/18

(Month 8)-   Interview: 07/30/18

(Month 9)-   Oath Ceremony: 08/23/18

Officially a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
8 hours ago, gnakr said:

I had reported earlier in the thread that I had gotten my interview notice on June 25th, and I applied in late December 2017 and did my Biometrics in early January. My interview was conducted for yesterday, July 30th. I was approved, and just placed in line for my oath. The processing time for the Detroit office was recently dramatically reduced. I believe that it went from 12-14 months to something like 4-12 months. So you may be hearing back from them sooner than later.

Congratulations.
I have my Interview tomorrow 

I also filed in December, Bio in January, Interview notice late June, so from filing to interview notice it was 6 months, Almost 8 Months from filing to interview, so people STOP worrying it will happen, it has got nothing to do with who you are or WHERE or WHERE you come from!!!!

Timeline
17 hours ago, gnakr said:

8 hours ago, reddbear said:

Congratulations.
I have my Interview tomorrow 

I also filed in December, Bio in January, Interview notice late June, so from filing to interview notice it was 6 months, Almost 8 Months from filing to interview, so people STOP worrying it will happen, it has got nothing to do with who you are or WHERE or WHERE you come from!!!!

Congratulation and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.