CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just saw the median processing time for N400 cases in Detroit drop from 8 months to 4 months.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Hopefully, pending cases will move faster.

50 minutes ago, lordm said:

Just saw the median processing time for N400 cases in Detroit drop from 8 months to 4 months.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Hopefully, pending cases will move faster.

that can't be fully true. There are folks on this forum who have been waiting for more than 4 months. @lordm when did you file?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sam Kam said:

that can't be fully true. There are folks on this forum who have been waiting for more than 4 months. @lordm when did you file?

The range is 4 - 13 months. The first value is the median time (50% of the cases) and the second value is for 93% of cases. So all folks waiting for more than 4 months are within this range.  Earlier this range was 8 - 18.5 months (if I remember right)

I filed on July 1st.

5 hours ago, lordm said:

The range is 4 - 13 months. The first value is the median time (50% of the cases) and the second value is for 93% of cases. So all folks waiting for more than 4 months are within this range.  Earlier this range was 8 - 18.5 months (if I remember right)

I filed on July 1st.

@lordm  That's based on data collected 2 months back. They were quicker that time. In the last 2 months, they have gone back 6 to 7 months. I would not be surprised to see this move back to 7 to 8 months (though I really wish this does not happen). They are giving out Aug interview notices for folks who filed in Dec 17. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country:
Timeline

I filed May 27 using the online application. Biometrics done on June 18 and now waiting for interview. No updates since then.

Apparently, there is no tracker for May filers.

4 minutes ago, Sam Kam said:

When did you file?

What about you?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam Kam said:

There is a thread for May Filers. I filed in early May. I searched on timeline for each detroit filer. So far March end have got interview. This does not include ROC filers as their interviews are dependent on progress of ROC applications sometimes.

Thanks

Thanks Sam. Based on this you could expect interview letter next month.

Not sure why we have tracking threads based on the month of application. Rather, I think we should have be tracking folks based on the field office because your timeline essentially depends on how busy your field office is.

6 minutes ago, pran34 said:

Thanks Sam. Based on this you could expect interview letter next month.

Not sure why we have tracking threads based on the month of application. Rather, I think we should have be tracking folks based on the field office because your timeline essentially depends on how busy your field office is.

That would be great but don't know. First my application should be in Detroit Queue and then they should move to processing May application. 2.5 weeks back they were sending invites to Dec 2017 applicants.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sam Kam said:

That would be great but don't know. First my application should be in Detroit Queue and then they should move to processing May application. 2.5 weeks back they were sending invites to Dec 2017 applicants.

Interesting. From December they directly jumped to March - so arbitrary. I thought they send interview letters based on your filing date but apparently not in Detroit!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.