CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country:
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Sam Kam said:

Detroit processing time went to 5 to 14.5 months (from 4 to 13 months)

Date for case inquiry to May 31 2017 (from July 12 2017)...Expect some delays.

Those processing time data is from two months back, so it's pretty much useless to understand what's going on currently.

Detroit has around ~9800 N400 cases pending. and they process around 4000-4500 cases every quarter. So it's going to take at least 6 months on an average. A few lucky ones got done sooner but it's becoming rare now.

11 minutes ago, pran34 said:

Those processing time data is from two months back, so it's pretty much useless to understand what's going on currently.

Detroit has around ~9800 N400 cases pending. and they process around 4000-4500 cases every quarter. So it's going to take at least 6 months on an average. A few lucky ones got done sooner but it's becoming rare now.

That's not true. I know 2 applicants who filed in May and have interview scheduled for late August. Not sure how they pull cases. One of them filed 90 prior to completion of 5 years. Got interview date before completion of 5 years. This case is not different from my case except I was 2 months past my 5 years when I filed my case. So they are pulling cases with weird criterias. One just needs to be lucky I guess.

9000 pending cases may mostly be ROC cases and cases with extended review. Based on demographic and work, I am guessing there are lot of folks filing based on marriage in Michigan area (I could be wrong though).

Edited by Sam Kam

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sam Kam said:

That's not true. I know 2 applicants who filed in May and have interview scheduled for late August. Not sure how they pull cases. One of them filed 90 prior to completion of 5 years. Got interview date before completion of 5 years. This case is not different from my case except I was 2 months past my 5 years when I filed my case. So they are pulling cases with weird criterias. One just needs to be lucky I guess.

That's what I said. A few lucky ones got done sooner than 6 months. Who knows what happens to your application once you send you application. uscis is pretty much a black box. No one knows how they process your case until you get notified that you are approved.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sam Kam said:

Another point is in last 4 weeks they have sent interview invites to folks from March to May. This week it has been March end. So I am hoping they will start touching May cases in 1 to 2 months time.

Based on the data i compiled, you will most probably hear from them within 3 weeks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone.  New guy here. From Canada and live in Battle Creek, Michigan.  I filed my N-400 online on July 8th and had my Biometrics taken up in Kentwood, MI on July 30th.  My application is through marriage and is pretty straight forward.  I was originally hopeful that I would have citizenship by October 8th so I could register to vote.  But, I realize that isn't likely. It looks like a lot of people here are reporting 4 months or longer, after their Biometrics, till their interview.  The good thing is, I grew up right next to Detroit in Windsor, Ontario, Canada so, I know a lot about the U.S.  I'm also fascinated by U.S. politics so, any questions about that, should be very easy for me.  It would be so nice to have citizenship before the end of this year.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, stormnut42 said:

Hey everyone.  New guy here. From Canada and live in Battle Creek, Michigan.  I filed my N-400 online on July 8th and had my Biometrics taken up in Kentwood, MI on July 30th.  My application is through marriage and is pretty straight forward.  I was originally hopeful that I would have citizenship by October 8th so I could register to vote.  But, I realize that isn't likely. It looks like a lot of people here are reporting 4 months or longer, after their Biometrics, till their interview.  The good thing is, I grew up right next to Detroit in Windsor, Ontario, Canada so, I know a lot about the U.S.  I'm also fascinated by U.S. politics so, any questions about that, should be very easy for me.  It would be so nice to have citizenship before the end of this year.  

Good luck to you. I also want to vote in the midterms but seems unlikely day by day. I live in one of the congressional district that is considered to be a toss up this year. So voting becomes that much more important. Plus the very important gubernatorial elections in Michigan. I feel all new citizens should not miss the opportunity to vote this midterms. Getting citizenship is just the beginning of the journey in this beautiful country.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I had my interview Today, It was a nightmare getting there TRAFFIC!! and sloooow drivers,
My interview was 11:20, I arrived at 11:13, got sat down, then I had to go to the Loo, 11:18 while i was at the Loo they called my name, the husband said I had just nipped to the Bathroom.
when I got back I was called again a minute later,

I went into the interview room, 2 men were in there, one was conducting the interview the other was sitting in, I think he was a senior member of staff, Can't remember the Questions, but I got the first6 correct so he stopped
I had to read "When is Flag day?"
Then write "Flag day is in June"

The other man thought it was amusing, as I'm English, so, therefore, could speak, read & write English!, 
He looked through my Passport to check dates of Travel
asked me questions from my application, we chatted about the online filing, I said how great it was, the guy not interviewing told me about how and why they came up with it, I think he said it was modelled on Sweden's system.
I was then Congratulated by Both men, and The interviewer told me my Oath would be within 30 days, and I could get my Passport the same day, as it's right across the street from the Court.
It was all done so fast, less than 30 minutes from walking in the door, to walking out of the door!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline
26 minutes ago, reddbear said:

I had my interview Today, It was a nightmare getting there TRAFFIC!! and sloooow drivers,
My interview was 11:20, I arrived at 11:13, got sat down, then I had to go to the Loo, 11:18 while i was at the Loo they called my name, the husband said I had just nipped to the Bathroom.
when I got back I was called again a minute later,

I went into the interview room, 2 men were in there, one was conducting the interview the other was sitting in, I think he was a senior member of staff, Can't remember the Questions, but I got the first6 correct so he stopped
I had to read "When is Flag day?"
Then write "Flag day is in June"

The other man thought it was amusing, as I'm English, so, therefore, could speak, read & write English!, 
He looked through my Passport to check dates of Travel
asked me questions from my application, we chatted about the online filing, I said how great it was, the guy not interviewing told me about how and why they came up with it, I think he said it was modelled on Sweden's system.
I was then Congratulated by Both men, and The interviewer told me my Oath would be within 30 days, and I could get my Passport the same day, as it's right across the street from the Court.
It was all done so fast, less than 30 minutes from walking in the door, to walking out of the door!

Many Congratulations!!  That’s great news. Did you get the WW1WW question? 😂

I have my interview next Wednesday. Trying to stay calm and praying there are no delays on my way home from England as I’m due back the day before. 

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Lovetoteach said:

Many Congratulations!!  That’s great news. Did you get the WW1WW question? 😂

I have my interview next Wednesday. Trying to stay calm and praying there are no delays on my way home from England as I’m due back the day before. 

Ha ha nope, no mention of Woodrow Wilson ,..

Bloody hell nowt like cutting it fine, I'm sure you will make it back in time.

Good luck

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Going through all my N400 form  for Interview on Wednesday and noticed that I put that my current spouse has been married 0 times. I must have misread the question thinking it said how many times has your spouse been previously married. Clearly I should have put 1 as he’s married to me. Is this going to be a problem?  I’m not filing based on my marriage to him, but    Included his details as my spouse and uploaded my marriage certificate. I’m getting stressed. 

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Lovetoteach said:

Going through all my N400 form  for Interview on Wednesday and noticed that I put that my current spouse has been married 0 times. I must have misread the question thinking it said how many times has your spouse been previously married. Clearly I should have put 1 as he’s married to me. Is this going to be a problem?  I’m not filing based on my marriage to him, but    Included his details as my spouse and uploaded my marriage certificate. I’m getting stressed. 

IO will correct that if needed.

Good luck with your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.