6 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I got RFE in the mail today.  The RFE came with a little tiny envelope to put my response in and mail it back to them.  I have more evidence now though too, a lot...  I mean it's been almost 8 months waiting on noa2 now so I got more pictures and tickets from trips we took together after filing i-129f and I've learned a lot on this forum and elsewhere about the specifics of the country my fiancee is from and that I may want to have as much quality evidence as possible for the CO to see before our interview.  I was also thinking of adding an updated timeline and letter from my mom, ring receipt, gift receipts, maybe more chat messages...  

I saw a few others "side-loaded" their k1 petitions on RFE and I wanted to see if anyone else has done this?  Did you just put it all in a bigger envelope?  Will USCIS take one look at my huge RFE response package and put it on a shelf until day 59? 

I'm guessing the rest of my file is kosher because I only got RFE for one thing.  There are some other things I can see though that I could address as well to avoid a second RFE, but wouldn't they have already approved the rest of my file?

Looking forward to your responses!

Gracias

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kev&Viv said:

Hey all,

I got RFE in the mail today.  The RFE came with a little tiny envelope to put my response in and mail it back to them.  I have more evidence now though too, a lot...  I mean it's been almost 8 months waiting on noa2 now so I got more pictures and tickets from trips we took together after filing i-129f and I've learned a lot on this forum and elsewhere about the specifics of the country my fiancee is from and that I may want to have as much quality evidence as possible for the CO to see before our interview.  I was also thinking of adding an updated timeline and letter from my mom, ring receipt, gift receipts, maybe more chat messages...  

I saw a few others "side-loaded" their k1 petitions on RFE and I wanted to see if anyone else has done this?  Did you just put it all in a bigger envelope?  Will USCIS take one look at my huge RFE response package and put it on a shelf until day 59? 

I'm guessing the rest of my file is kosher because I only got RFE for one thing.  There are some other things I can see though that I could address as well to avoid a second RFE, but wouldn't they have already approved the rest of my file?

Gracias

May I know what your RFE is all about. If you dont mind. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kev&Viv said:

Hey all,

Gracias

The size of the reply envelope has nothing to with the envelope you use to submit your response.  Whether or not you choose to submit more than what is requested is a personal choice.   Who really knows if it will alienate the adjudicator or not.  

YMMV

6 minutes ago, ShyLucy said:

May I know what your RFE is all about. If you dont mind. 

It was a Request for "initial" evidence about a minor citation I got 17 years ago.  So I just honestly listed it because it asked, but nowhere in the petition paperwork did I see that I had to provide proof unless I misread, so now I'm going downtown to get proof tomorrow, if the record still exists..

If your RFE is asking for proof of your old citation, then just submit that along with the RFE sheet. There's no need to add more stuff to your RFE response than what's asked. If they thought you didn't submit substantial meting and relationship evidence, they would have asked you for that. When responding to a RFE you can use your own envelope so long you mail it to the correct address.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

You don't need to send them anything other than what they asked for. At the same time, anything you send them in the response will be included with your I-129F file sent to the embassy. Unless you go overboard, I don't foresee the IO caring about the extra documents and putting it on the side.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.