Queenvii

K1 visa process in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Hindi po, my asawa is from Davao City. I do understand a good amount of Tagalog and alittle Bisaya as well. When did you send in the paperwork po? Also please fill out your timeline so it can allow us to help you better. Just understand a K1 is taking roughly 10 months right now on average.

Actually still im not too familiar on how to use visa journey😂 we just filed last march 9

Edited by Queenvii

2 minutes ago, Queenvii said:

Actually still im not too familiar on how to use visa journey😂 we just filed last march 9

When does your contract expire? As of right now it looks like you will have to renew your contract and then emergency exit. I am well aware of a emergency exit due to my asawa working in Qatar for 5 years. You don't plan on going back to Pinas before you fly out to the USA?

Go to the left where it shows who posted and it says "Timeline", click on that to edit your timeline.

Timeline
1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

When does your contract expire? As of right now it looks like you will have to renew your contract and then emergency exit. I am well aware of a emergency exit due to my asawa working in Qatar for 5 years. You don't plan on going back to Pinas before you fly out to the USA?

Go to the left where it shows who posted and it says "Timeline", click on that to edit your timeline.

I edited already , dunno if its enough. Yes that’s my last option to renew my contract. Actually I had a plan to depart from Philippines but i don’t like to complicate things especially i don’t have idea atall how it will be, thats why.

2 minutes ago, Queenvii said:

I edited already , dunno if its enough. Yes that’s my last option to renew my contract. Actually I had a plan to depart from Philippines but i don’t like to complicate things especially i don’t have idea atall how it will be, thats why.

It would easier from the Philippines in regards to the embassy but then you have go through CFO and that's a hassle. So it's up to you, but biggups to you for working doing this whole process. You do know that nurses in the USA make a good amount of money right?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

It would easier from the Philippines in regards to the embassy but then you have go through CFO and that's a hassle. So it's up to you, but biggups to you for working doing this whole process. You do know that nurses in the USA make a good amount of money right?

But we already filed huhu also I want to work while waiting so I can save up as well. Anyway if it’s meant to be it will be. Hehe thats what he said, but umm let’s see If I can pass their exams.😂  i might change my mind, nursing is stressful lol

1 minute ago, Queenvii said:

But we already filed huhu also I want to work while waiting so I can save up as well. Anyway if it’s meant to be it will be. Hehe thats what he said, but umm let’s see If I can pass their exams.😂  i might change my mind, nursing is stressful lol

Well you are in nursing na so you just got to study up for the NCLEX, pass that then you will be fine.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Well you are in nursing na so you just got to study up for the NCLEX, pass that then you will be fine.

I’m pressured already lol is your asawa also a nurse? Did you also processed for K1 visa before? 

My friend processed there k1 for atleast 3 months only. They said if the petitioner is working under government it will be faster than the other filers

Edited by Queenvii

3 minutes ago, Queenvii said:

I’m pressured already lol is your asawa also a nurse? Did you also processed for K1 visa before? 

My friend processed here k1 for atleast 3 months already. They said if the petitioner is working under government it will be faster than the other filers

No, not yet. She is going to school na for nursing here. She was a teacher in the Philippines and a teacher in Qatar as well. But she has said she would never do teaching here in the USA and that Nurses get paid better than teachers. The petition only goes faster if the petitioner is working as a Active Duty soldier. I filed for her K1 visa in 2012 and it was processed through Manila when she was done with her contract in 2012. We are still young 34 and 37 so everything is good for us. Where in the Philippines are you from?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

No, not yet. She is going to school na for nursing here. She was a teacher in the Philippines and a teacher in Qatar as well. But she has said she would never do teaching here in the USA and that Nurses get paid better than teachers. The petition only goes faster if the petitioner is working as a Active Duty soldier. I filed for her K1 visa in 2012 and it was processed through Manila when she was done with her contract in 2012. We are still young 34 and 37 so everything is good for us. Where in the Philippines are you from?

Oh wow. She likes studying huh. Hehe did she like nursing so far? Hihi i’m from Pangasinan too far from Davao. If the offer is too good then I’ll pursue nursing😂 he told me he will not work na when i get there because my salary is enough for both of us lol but he’s just kidding. He’s also a filipino how bout you? Are you an american?

hello - i was an OFW in Dubai and I got my K1 visa last year. I had my interview at the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi.

Like what others have said above, the K1 process from filing to VOH is taking about 8-10 months at the moment on average. This timeline is normally for embassies which fairly acts on K1 cases quickly like Manila, for example. This timeline can take a little bit longer if the embassy is one that insists on having applicants wait for the so-called "packet 3". packet 3 is just a letter or email sent by the US Embassy handling your case (Abu Dhabi in my case) to your petitioner, saying they have received your case from NVC and that they are ready to interview you. some embassies, like Manila, does not abide by this packet 3 requirement. so there, as soon as you get your NVC case number, you can go ahead and get your medical done and then schedule your interview. this part of the process can literally just take 1 week there assuming you act quickly once the ball is in your court. and then, there are some embassies like Abu Dhabi, where you will need to receive this packet 3 first before proceeding, which at the moment, is taking them roughly 3 months to send!! so this is something you should be aware of and can lengthen this 8-9 months timeline.

are you going to be interviewing in saudi? i dunno if saudi adheres to this packet 3 step. i hope the other K1 Saudi members here can chime in and enlighten us both.

the wait to VOH will not be easy, it will be frustrating, depressing and will test your patience and your relationship. research here, ask your questions, talk to the other members for encouragement and most of all, have faith and patience! good luck with your visa journey.

Edited by doggieandsam

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

My husband is Filipino and we went through the embassy in Riyadh.  If you have any questions about the embassy message me. We had a great experience as far as the interview goes, but not so good with the embassy before hand. They lost our case and we had a terrible time contacting them.  They don't want to answer emails. Hopefully their communication has gotten better since. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Timeline

Hi! I’ve seen here about saudi k1 visa and yes they abide for this packet 3. Also I need to wait the letter from them before I can get my police clearance. I’m praying that they’ll respond quickly now than before. 

On 3/16/2018 at 3:34 PM, Meg&Andrew said:

My husband is Filipino and we went through the embassy in Riyadh.  If you have any questions about the embassy message me. We had a great experience as far as the interview goes, but not so good with the embassy before hand. They lost our case and we had a terrible time contacting them.  They don't want to answer emails. Hopefully their communication has gotten better since. 

Hello

On 3/16/2018 at 3:34 PM, Meg&Andrew said:

hello! Did you applied use for k1 visa before? Or other visa like cr1?

20 minutes ago, Halen said:

Hi. I'm also a Filipino currently processing K1 visa here in Riyadh. I would like to ask if I still need the NBI clearance from the Philippines aside from police clearance here in Saudi? I hope someone can help me about this. Thank you

Yes

https://www.visatutor.com/k-1-visa-interview-tutorial/us-embassy-processes-case/fiancee-k-1-visa-police-certificate/

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.