Queenvii

K1 visa process in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello everyone! Anyone here who knew how’s the process of k1 here in Riyadh? It will take time? Or is it faster than expected? If there’s a forum for my concern please feel free to add me. Thank you

Edited by Queenvii

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Queenvii said:

Hello everyone! Anyone here who knew how’s the process of k1 here in Riyadh? It will take time? Or is it faster than expected? If there’s a forum for my concern please feel free to add me. Thank you

K1 visa is taking 8-12 months to complete, if you have a valid reason for expedite you can contact them once the I-129F are submitted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

the visa process isn't faster or slower depending on what country the beneficiary is located in - it's processed through the US regardless. Currently it's taking about 10 months on average from start to finish - about 6-7 months for the petition to be approved, and then several months for the National Visa center to transfer the case and for the fiance to get their interview. 

Is your fiance a Saudi national or just living in Riyadh for work? 

I ask because Saudi nationals have a very low rate of approval for K1 visas - only 3 were approved in all of 2017. Others who happen to live in Riyadh for work but have passports from other countries do somewhat better, but not Saudis themselves for some reason. So make sure that you have a LOT of evidence of a strong relationship. 

There is a country specific portal you can reach out to for others from that area - http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Saudi Arabia

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

the visa process isn't faster or slower depending on what country the beneficiary is located in - it's processed through the US regardless. Currently it's taking about 10 months on average from start to finish - about 6-7 months for the petition to be approved, and then several months for the National Visa center to transfer the case and for the fiance to get their interview. 

Is your fiance a Saudi national or just living in Riyadh for work? 

I ask because Saudi nationals have a very low rate of approval for K1 visas - only 3 were approved in all of 2017. Others who happen to live in Riyadh for work but have passports from other countries do somewhat better, but not Saudis themselves for some reason. So make sure that you have a LOT of evidence of a strong relationship. 

There is a country specific portal you can reach out to for others from that area - http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Saudi Arabia

Thank you for your reply! We are both Filipino. I’m the beneficiary and working here in Riyadh. I kept on looking someone who is also processing k1 here to ask but I find no one.😔 because I want to work while waiting that’s why we decided to process it here

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

K1 visa is taking 8-12 months to complete, if you have a valid reason for expedite you can contact them once the I-129F are submitted.

Can you give me how to do expedite? Only reason In my mind is that my contract will end on september. But still i can renew and have emergency exit if i will get voh

Edited by Queenvii

Timeline
Just now, Queenvii said:

Can you give me how to do expedite? Only reason In my mind is that my contract will end on september. But still i can renew and have emergency exit if i will get voh

can you provide me a little more information, such are are you the USC? your fiance is in Saudi Arabia? are you here in the USA?

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

can you provide me a little more information, such are are you the USC? your fiance is in Saudi Arabia? are you here in the USA?

She already stated she is the beneficiary on the post above the one about the expedite.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

I’m the beneficiary. Ofw working here in Riyadh my fiancé is from New york.  I’m a nurse here

5 minutes ago, Queenvii said:

Thank you for your reply! We are both Filipino. I’m the beneficiary and working here in Riyadh. I kept on looking someone who is also processing k1 here to ask but I find no one.😔 because I want to work while waiting that’s why we decided to process it here

3 minutes ago, Queenvii said:

YOU being the beneficiary DO NOT file for an expedite at all, only the petitioner does that. A expedite is not readily given out and it has to be credible and valid reason for a expedite, a simple "we want to make our case go by faster" is not a valid reason. You can file for the K1 visa na and have the interview in the Philippines if you don't renew in KSA.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Queenvii said:

I’m the beneficiary. Ofw working here in Riyadh my fiancé is from New york.  I’m a nurse here

Expedite Criteria

USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.

Timeline
1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

YOU being the beneficiary DO NOT file for an expedite at all, only the petitioner does that. A expedite is not readily given out and it has to be credible and valid reason for a expedite, a simple "we want to make our case go by faster" is not a valid reason. You can file for the K1 visa na and have the interview in the Philippines if you don't renew in KSA.

Na? Are you a filipino? Hehe my dear we already submitted our packet and the consulate will be here in Riyadh. Cause We can’t tell when will it be approved or what that’s why we decided to process it here. So complicated

Timeline

We are jusy praying that it will be on exact date before i will renew again my contract. If not i dont have a choice but to renew my contract and take emergency exit

Edited by Queenvii

1 minute ago, Queenvii said:

Na? Are you a filipino? Hehe my dear we already submitted our packet and the consulate will be here in Riyadh. Cause We can’t tell when will it be approved or what that’s why we decided to process it here. So complicated

Hindi po, my asawa is from Davao City. I do understand a good amount of Tagalog and alittle Bisaya as well. When did you send in the paperwork po? Also please fill out your timeline so it can allow us to help you better. Just understand a K1 is taking roughly 10 months right now on average.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.