SilverMonk

2018 Brazilian Medical Exam Reviews

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all, 

I'm starting this topic so everyone can share their experiences with the medical exam in Brazil.

I believe that it would be helpful if we shared how the medical interview went, the exams that were done and pricing, the questions that were asked, the time it took to get everything done, the physician we went to, if they were friendly or Stern and any other helpful information.

I believe it will give insight of the medical process that changes every year. That we can know how much to pay, how to plan for our trip to the medical, the process done by each physician and how long it takes and etc.

Good luck everyone,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello all, 

I'm starting this topic so everyone can share their experiences with the medical exam in Brazil.

I believe that it would be helpful if we shared how the medical interview went, the exams that were done and pricing, the questions that were asked, the time it took to get everything done, the physician we went to, if they were friendly or Stern and any other helpful information.

I believe it will give insight of the medical process that changes every year. That we can know how much to pay, how to plan for our trip to the medical, the process done by each physician and how long it takes and etc.

Good luck everyone,

Hello,  I will be able to help after  March 28 as our interview and exam's are schedule next week in Rio.  I will give our experience from beginning and end.  Pray for us!  Thank you! 

event.png

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ChristineA said:

Hello,  I will be able to help after  March 28 as our interview and exam's are schedule next week in Rio.  I will give our experience from beginning and end.  Pray for us!  Thank you! 

Thats good news. I hope that everything goes well for you. I will be doing my medical in Belo Horizonte in a couple of months (hopefully in August since im January 2018 filer). But I read in older post that the physician in Rio is very good and used to get things done in one day. Idk if that still applies since now a urine test is required and just that alone takes a couple of days.

But good luck to you! 

Edited by SilverMonk

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 15/03/2018 at 3:19 PM, ChristineA said:

Hey @ChristineA, so how did your medical and interview go in Rio?

Timeline

Hello.  So our medical appointment and  X-ray was on the 21 of March.  But the day before we went to get blood drawn in the same building as the doctor, which if I remember correctly was on the 16th floor. After that we went to do the urine test. The location of this place from the doctors building was a few blocks away.  You must  no pee for 2 hours before giving sample.  The next day we went to do the X-ray in one location ( not far from doctors office) and later in the afternoon we went doctors appointment. The doctor determined my hubby needed only 2 vaccines and sent us to the 2nd floor of the same building. ( it would help if you have your vaccinations card).  After that the doctor told us to come back in 2 days to pick up packet to bring to the interview.  (Please do not open).  On 28th of March at 8:00 am was the interview, we arrived early to avoid a long line.  There is a gentleman that stands outside to check you in.   You go up to the second floor and they will hand you two pieces of paper, where you put your paperwork in order and fill out another.  They will call you in order of who was done with the paperwork first.  Someone calls your name make sure your paperwork is all in order and then they call you again for the interview.  During the interview they asked a couple of questions and told us that the  visa was approved.  Below is a list of addresses and how much we paid for each exam .

blood work- Diagnósticos da America-Lamine Med av. Ataulto de Paiva 135 Leblon ( name of building is Cidade de Leblon) R$44.00

urine test-  Richet  av. das Americas 4801 loja D. R$262.15

vaccine and doctors appointment was in same building as the blood work.

X-ray-  Cavallieri. rua Carlos Góis 375 Leblon R$170.00.

doctor appt R$600.00

I would recommend staying near the area of your exams as everything is close to each other. You will most likely only need to go to the US Embassy once.  The hotel I stayed at was named Mar Ipanema Hotel on Rua visconde de piraja 539.  Hotel was great!  Wish you the best.  Hope this helps..

event.png

Timeline
On 03/04/2018 at 12:10 PM, ChristineA said:

Hello.  So our medical appointment and  X-ray was on the 21 of March.  But the day before we went to get blood drawn in the same building as the doctor, which if I remember correctly was on the 16th floor. After that we went to do the urine test. The location of this place from the doctors building was a few blocks away.  You must  no pee for 2 hours before giving sample.  The next day we went to do the X-ray in one location ( not far from doctors office) and later in the afternoon we went doctors appointment. The doctor determined my hubby needed only 2 vaccines and sent us to the 2nd floor of the same building. ( it would help if you have your vaccinations card).  After that the doctor told us to come back in 2 days to pick up packet to bring to the interview.  (Please do not open).  On 28th of March at 8:00 am was the interview, we arrived early to avoid a long line.  There is a gentleman that stands outside to check you in.   You go up to the second floor and they will hand you two pieces of paper, where you put your paperwork in order and fill out another.  They will call you in order of who was done with the paperwork first.  Someone calls your name make sure your paperwork is all in order and then they call you again for the interview.  During the interview they asked a couple of questions and told us that the  visa was approved.  Below is a list of addresses and how much we paid for each exam .

blood work- Diagnósticos da America-Lamine Med av. Ataulto de Paiva 135 Leblon ( name of building is Cidade de Leblon) R$44.00

urine test-  Richet  av. das Americas 4801 loja D. R$262.15

vaccine and doctors appointment was in same building as the blood work.

X-ray-  Cavallieri. rua Carlos Góis 375 Leblon R$170.00.

doctor appt R$600.00

I would recommend staying near the area of your exams as everything is close to each other. You will most likely only need to go to the US Embassy once.  The hotel I stayed at was named Mar Ipanema Hotel on Rua visconde de piraja 539.  Hotel was great!  Wish you the best.  Hope this helps..

Hello @ChristineA, yeah I believe that info will help a lot of people who will be getting their medical done in Rio, which I might do myself depending on where I am by the end of the process.

Couple of things I would like to ask you:

- So he had his bloodwork and urine test done on on the 20th and you guys already had the results in by the 23rd, which is when you picked up the packet? I'm just asking this because in Belo Horizonte is seems to take 5 business days to be done.

- Do you or he remember how the medical exam went? That is, what did the doctor ask him during the medical and what did he actually exam him for?

- You said his interview was on the 28th, was his visa a spouse visa? Im just asking because mine is a fiancé visa and I believe fiancé visa interviews are on Tuesdays, but I'm not yet sure.

But thanks again for the info!

Best of luck to you two!

Timeline
22 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello @ChristineA, yeah I believe that info will help a lot of people who will be getting their medical done in Rio, which I might do myself depending on where I am by the end of the process.

Couple of things I would like to ask you:

- So he had his bloodwork and urine test done on on the 20th and you guys already had the results in by the 23rd, which is when you picked up the packet? I'm just asking this because in Belo Horizonte is seems to take 5 business days to be done.

- Do you or he remember how the medical exam went? That is, what did the doctor ask him during the medical and what did he actually exam him for?

- You said his interview was on the 28th, was his visa a spouse visa? Im just asking because mine is a fiancé visa and I believe fiancé visa interviews are on Tuesdays, but I'm not yet sure.

But thanks again for the info!

Best of luck to you two!

All test went directly to the doctor.  About 2 days.  The doctor ask my hubby if he was ever was in jail, had surgery, and other  medical questions. It was fairly quick.

Our visa was a spouse.

event.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for starting this topic! I would like to know if anyone can tell about getting the medical in Sao Paulo. I know the area better than Rio as I lived there for a number of years.

Edited by James D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We just scheduled our medical for Belo Horizonte for the end of the month. Any tips? What all are you guys taking to the medical? I've been so cool & collected during most of this process but now that the time has arrived, I'm so anxious and seem to be forgetting everything I've researched! Thanks for anything you can share!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Case Progress subforum to the Mexico/Latin/South America regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.