Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, zhengyizju said:

Congrats! My fee and NOS are 7 days earlier than yours, you both got it today (CabacoPhD). Mine is still pending! Do you have any idea?

When I sent the email to them 2 weeks ago I mentioned that 8 weeks had passed and no update on my status. So I asked if there was any additional documentation they needed. That is when they answered me telling the response should be coming sometime this week for me. Maybe you should try the same approach!

Hope it helps!

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, ericaBR said:

Guys, how long does it usually take to the USCIS send us the "case number" once the DOS decided for favorable recommendation? It's been almost a month since I got the favorable recommendation from the DOS :(

same boat erica... no tips to give you, just commiserating! xo and good luck to us

Hi guys,

Just sharing an update. It has been helpful to see others timelines.

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent September, 18 2018
No Objection Statement Received July, 06 2018
Fee Received June, 13 2018
Form DS-3035 Received June, 13 2018
Form DS-2019 Received June, 13 2018
Passport Data Page Received June, 13 2018
Statement Of Reason Received June, 13 2018

4 hours ago, vimi said:

Hi guys,

Just sharing an update. It has been helpful to see others timelines.

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent September, 18 2018
No Objection Statement Received July, 06 2018
Fee Received June, 13 2018
Form DS-3035 Received June, 13 2018
Form DS-2019 Received June, 13 2018
Passport Data Page Received June, 13 2018
Statement Of Reason Received June, 13 2018

It is quite helpful. Thanks for sharing. Could you let us know your home country (NOS)? I guess it may have something to do with the timeline.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, ericaBR said:

Guys, how long does it usually take to the USCIS send us the "case number" once the DOS decided for favorable recommendation? It's been almost a month since I got the favorable recommendation from the DOS :(

I got mine in a week!

On 9/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, ericaBR said:

I got mine in a week!

11 hours ago, Nataliya108 said:

Hi All

I've submitted all the required documents and my NOS has been mailed to the DOS last week. I do not see any update on my case in the system. How long does it usually take to see changes? 

Thank you

it takes about 2 weeks, at least mine did. On the second week mark, I emailed them. Also, I'm counting from the day that it arrived there, cause you there are a few days that the USPS takes to deliver it.

Edited by CabacoPhD
adding info.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Nataliya108 said:

Hi All

I've submitted all the required documents and my NOS has been mailed to the DOS last week. I do not see any update on my case in the system. How long does it usually take to see changes? 

Thank you

Mine took less than a week but it was emailed, not mailed from the embassy. Good luck!

Timeline
Just now, Nataliya108 said:

I have the tracking number (the embassy provided it for me) showing the NOS letter was delivered on Sep 13th. 

I submitted some docs via post that were never received, apparently. I don't know how long it takes to update mailed documents. If your embassy also sends by email, that could be helpful

2 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

I submitted some docs via post that were never received, apparently. I don't know how long it takes to update mailed documents. If your embassy also sends by email, that could be helpful

Thank you fs2439 for the information. I was thinking it should be sent by mailing. This was very helpful. I'll request them to e-mail it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nataliya108 said:

Thank you fs2439 for the information. I was thinking it should be sent by mailing. This was very helpful. I'll request them to e-mail it. 

Ok, also keep in mind that there seems to be great variation among people's timelines. So if yours doesn't look exactly like someone else's, don't panic. good luck

Hi guys,

I know we've mostly shared DOS timelines and case statuses. Moving on to USCIS too for those who have gotten to that point in the process. 

I got the USCIS receipt of notice with the case number on the 12th of Sep and this is the online case status that I see - "Accepted by the USCIS lockbox".

Does anyone know what does the case changes to when they approve it? Does it happen at the same time as when they send the green slip? 

image.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.